A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,117
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bride's Day Of: Survival Kit  (Read 5948 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lockheartdiyer
« on: July 20, 2006 08:51:49 AM »

My sister's bridal shower is next weekend, so I was thinking I would make her a Day Of Survival Kit, which consists of a personalized totebag filled with things she might need on the day of. So far I have:

-tissues
-bobby pins
-safety pins
-slippers (in case she gets "cold feet")
-stress ball
-tylenol
-maalox

What did you brides find you needed the most on your day of? I would like some more stuff to stash in her tote. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006 08:53:28 AM by lockheartdiyer » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dee521

bear paws make me happy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006 10:40:14 AM »

extra nylons, yes i did rip my first pair practically in half
eyedrops
deordorant
q-tips/cotton balls
maybe a makeup bag
maybe a light robe/cover up--i was walking around in my bra, nylons and heels to go to the bathroom before i got dressed and was walking right by peoples' offices (i didn't really care at that point, though)
bottled water

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lockheartdiyer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006 07:18:08 AM »

thanks! all of those are great ideas  Cheesy specially the nylons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeesaLove
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006 08:13:55 AM »

Breath mints
a coupon for bathroom help  ( if her dress is big she will need help!!)
some foot cream or power for that night ( i don;t tihnk i sat more than 10 minutes stright the whole day)
fancied up sneakers or flip flops to wear later in the evening when the heels come off
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookgirl
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006 04:36:26 PM »

Concealer and a blemish stick can be mighty handy, and a little sewing kit, too (just in case).  Oh, and snacks.  I did not eat enough on my wedding day.  A packet of emergen-c and some Advil might be appreciated on the day after...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BekMonkey
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006 09:57:53 PM »

OOO  OOO!  Pick me! Pick me!

I made a big survival kit for use by the entire wedding party in my best friend's wedding (I was a groomswoman   Grin )  I put everything except the water and snack food in a plastic shoebox and taped a list of the contents to the top so everyone could see if what they wanted was in there.  It was a hit!  I'll list the contents and some notes about them:

•   Oil blotting sheets (don't smudge makeup and take down the shininess right before photos)
•   Concealer (I even used it on one of the guys)
•   mirror
•   Eye drops (get redness reducing for when the crying starts, photos will look better)
•   Lip gloss
•   clear fingernail polish
•   white paint pen (quick fix for chipped french manicures, and scuffs on white shoes/handbags)
•   nail polish remover
•   q-tips/cotton balls
•   eye make-up remover (good for mascara smears)
•   lotion
•   breath mints (I bought 4 paks of the dissolving strips, kept 1 in my tux, incredibly handy)
•   floss
•   safety pins
•   needle and thread (both dark and light)
•   black socks and extra nylons (socks for the 1 guy who brings white or blue or brown)
•   bobby pins
•   hairspray
•   tail comb
•   Kleenex
•   scuff cover (for black shoes)
•   bandaids
•   shout wipes/ tide to go
•   nail file
•   lint roller (the groomsmen loved me for this)   
•   energy bars/snacks (I took energy bars, cheezits, fruit snacks)
•   water
•   drinking straws (saves the ladies' lipstick, less likely for spills)
•   tape (scotch & masking)
•   feminine stuff
•   Tylenol (useful for headaches, footaches, backaches, etc.)
•   Antacid/Pepto (I took pepto chewables and Rolaids chewables, the groom was happy)
•   Scissors   
•   White chalk (good for a quick fix for scuffs on white dresses or purses)
•   Super glue
•   Full flask
•   Wet wipes
•   Spray-on deodorant/body spray (spray on means no sharing stinkiness between people)
•   Static spray (panty hose are the devil)
•   Kids toys, games, crayons (for the flower girl/ring bearer b/c we did pictures beforehand)
•   Hand sanitizer
•   pen and notebook (vow revisions/anything the bride or groom doesn't want to forget, signs)

I also took a travel clothes steamer, which turned out very handy when one of the bridesmaid's dresses came out with a very wrinkled skirt.  I could also recommend a disposable camera in case you have a moment when the photographer isn't around. 

Any problem that came up through the course of the day (and night) we found a solution for right in the survival kit.  It was awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amerigirl05
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006 11:40:55 PM »

BekMonkey, that's awesome. I'm definitely going to put together a box based on your list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JasperKat
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006 05:07:33 AM »

Bek, great list! One thing I'm going to make sure to bring is a big golf umbrella, something that'g big enough to get most of my wedding dress under. I also bought an extra comb, in case the one on my veil snaps or any of the teeth break off. I figure I can reattach it with super glue in a pinch.

-JK
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-JK
purlgurl

textile arts babe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006 09:02:47 AM »

small roll of double stick tape (incase something is sliding around like lace on her dress or a bra strap... you never know.  can also use for minor mending of stuff.)

AMEN on breath mints or hard candy.  I was so sick of my cousin breathing on me by the time we got to the actual wedding part... geesh.  And nobody had the heart to tell her because she was in such a frenzy.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006 10:58:46 AM »

My mom made me a tote bag out of the same fabric that the bride's maid dresses were made out of.  She made those too.  So whenever we needed something I just said "Where is the purple bag!?" and whammo my sister had it in a flash!

I also made wedding keds. I took regular Keds, died them in tea to match my dress, then used satin ribbon for the laces and glued pearls along the seams.  After a full on Catholic Ceremony and post ceremony pictures in three inch worn once shoes I was SO glad to have those keds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D Getting Started: Part 2 - Basic Picture
Canon XSi/450D Getting Started: Part 1 - Setup
Canon SD770 IS: Set White Balance Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Underwater Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Timer Function
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...