A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: No Win t-shirts  (Read 6335 times)
Tags for this thread: tshirt , shirt , reverse_applique , bleach  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

I've been meaning to make myself a crown...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2004 05:09:16 PM »

so call me crazy ... but i like the tye dyed first one. I'm not a fan of pink but a BIG fan of tye dyed things Cheesy fun fun
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thats Mrs. McGonigal to you! No really! ✩10.25.09

wistsportfoliosketchbook
Phunkpunk
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004 06:32:52 AM »

i have this thing for inside out clothes, most of the clothes i wear day to day are inside out! down to my socks and undies! so naturally when im doing a project i try and use that,  its basically because i like to see the construction of the garment at its most raw i guess?
but i insist that anyone reading this go out next time with a pair of inside out jeans on ( i usually have one pocket bag out and the other sewn in so you cant see it)

as for the pink, hmmm i actually like wearing a bit of pink sometimes, i didnt really know what was going to happen when i did this it was a shot in the dark but next time im going to develop it so that i dont get as much tye bleach effect but still the fading.

if anyone has any bad points about anything i do i kind of need to hear them! dont be polite, i dont think anything i do couldnt be improved the next time so any help you guys could give would be great!! (but i dont mean about the butt actually, thats ok!)
 Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinafish
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2004 07:03:54 AM »

i think that your clothes are so much like artwork. they each are very unique and detailed. there's nothing that i can see that you can improve because like artwork, each one is different and there are really no rules.
i've seen shirts with less style than those that sell for $60-70 here in arizona. they are "couture" and very expensive...but yours...they are one of a kind!

all i can really say is continue creating because we all really enjoy your work.

...oh and your ASSets.  Tongue

« Last Edit: August 10, 2004 07:05:31 AM by tinafish » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phunkpunk
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004 07:10:35 AM »

*Btw, what happended to your avatar and signature? I liked the british accent signature, it was cute.

i was wearing mirrored aviators pretending to be cartman! not a british accent! hehehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MamaNeeley
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004 08:16:18 AM »

Negative? Well, I don't really see anything negative to say about the second but with the first I think some of the pink is too strong for the feature panel. The darker fuchia-ish bits that look like the shirt's original color compete too much with the mellowness of the back side of the denim, making neither really stand as the stronger feature. So I'd probably fade it some more to take the edge off the dark pink (but carefuly because the 5 shade fade is interesting) or you could even add some more reverse denim panels to heighten that tension thereby making a statement through the tension itself.
But really overall you tend to have a good eye, hence not much to say. Even this is just a personal preference, not a flaw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shanola2789

Trampobics, it's the new craze :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2004 10:31:04 AM »

Ok guess who's wearing her pants inside out! 

But yea I dunno, it looks cool in the back, but in the front i have the white fabric from my pockets.  And I looked @ yours, but it looks like you dont even have pockets in the front?  Or maybe they're different I dunno.  And then since I'm the lil short one that I am, I had to roll the bottoms up, which makes it kinda awesome because you have the outside denim and inside.

But yup, I'm off to find pants without any front pockets!

<3 Shannon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be uber creative, the world will love you.
Phunkpunk
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2004 12:33:52 PM »

Ok guess who's wearing her pants inside out! 

But yea I dunno, it looks cool in the back, but in the front i have the white fabric from my pockets.  And I looked @ yours, but it looks like you dont even have pockets in the front?  Or maybe they're different I dunno.  And then since I'm the lil short one that I am, I had to roll the bottoms up, which makes it kinda awesome because you have the outside denim and inside.

But yup, I'm off to find pants without any front pockets!

<3 Shannon

if you have a sewing machine its really easy to get rid of the pocket bags, it looks almost like a normal pair of jeans when your finished.
just unpick the whole pocket (neatly) you usually have to cut out these little metal bits from the trousers. and then just sew along the entrance of the pocket (neatly!)
and presto!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GhostBaby

"I will call her....DISHPAN!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2004 12:42:55 PM »

I think Shanola's going to be wearing all her clothes inside out from now on  Wink
Muahahahaha!!!
I am slightly mad today. Shh.

Honestly, I like the pink one, it has a very cool effect with the dyeing and pink is so pretty on guys!! Let's not put sexes to colours!
Pink is manly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Darling, you mean more to me than words can express!
shanola2789

Trampobics, it's the new craze :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2004 01:45:49 PM »

I think Shanola's going to be wearing all her clothes inside out from now on  Wink
Muahahahaha!!!
I am slightly mad today. Shh.

Honestly, I like the pink one, it has a very cool effect with the dyeing and pink is so pretty on guys!! Let's not put sexes to colours!
Pink is manly!

I just might be.. ya never know with me.  And guys who can pull off pink and who are confident enough to wear it are sexy I think.. just not old men.. that doesn't work for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be uber creative, the world will love you.
Crazy_Crazier_Craz

I'm a llama! LLAMA LLAMA LLAMA

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2004 07:03:01 PM »

I love the pants did you make those or buy them
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jimmy Gownley Draws Superhero Amelia
The 90-Second Fitness Solution Book Trailer
Nikki Sixx Talks About Heroin Diaries Part 1
The Moses Expedition Book Trailer
Stupid About Men Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...