A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,755
Currently Running With Scissors:
770 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Sculptures and Photography...Please crit! (Pic Heavy/First Post)  (Read 1416 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zanarkand27

I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart.

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2006 06:34:48 PM »

Following is some of my work from my last year of high school....This is also my first posting of my work on Craftster.....(So exciting!) Please comment! Let me know what you think.....it helps me get better.

Sculpture

This was for a sculpture class.....It's a little archaeologist man digging up some bones. I was going to add a little brush in his hand and a shovel lying next to him, but I never got around to it. Bones made of stone stuff you mix up (I forgot what it's called) and then carved out....man made of ceramics clay, fired, and painted with acrylics.

This is a gorilla's hand...also made for class. It was supposed to be holding a banana, but my hand closed to much when I was making the cast. Hand made of plaster poured into a wax casting of my hand...forearm made of a crapload of masking tape, paper mache, paint, and black maribou...bamboo made of ceramics clay, fired, and painted with acrylics.

This is a tree....It was the first sculpture project I ever had to plan out, and create completely on my own. My mom just threw it out...she said it was the ugliest thing she'd ever seen, but I kinda liked it. Base made of wood, newspaper, paper mache, and masking tape....tree made of chicken wire, electrical wire, paper mache, lots of tape, and paint.....There was supposed to be a little crow in one of the upper branches, but I couldn't get it right.

Photography

This is a negative copy of a sunflower, done in the darkroom.....Poor quality because it is scanned.

This is my donkey Molly....It was very rainy that day, and looks kinda gloomy, which fits her perfect because she always looks depressed....Poor Molly. Also scanned...

This is my little ram Dodge....I really like how clear this picture turned out, and with the fence framing his face.

I loved this little kitty! This is Jesse, hiding from one of my other cats under a pine tree....He looks so intense...

This bass sits in the same spot in my pond every single day....I don't know why, but I love watching him, and decided to take a picture of him one day...Wow...I really need to get out more.

One of my little sheep....This pic was done for a special effects assignment in class....The picture was covered in three layers of suran wrap before being exposed. I kinda like the way it looks old....This one is also scanned, so not the best quality.

This is my cat Marv.....I can't find my original copy of this pic anymore....this one is photoshopped and way too sharp....oh well though....Ain't he precious?

There are about five thousand prickle bushes in my backyard right now....looks pretty friendly close up, eh? Well....they're not.

Well....That's all for now....As you can tell I love taking pictures.....especially of animals. I have hundreds more pics, so maybe I'll add more later.....Thank you for looking! Cya!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006 09:24:13 AM by zanarkand27 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006 06:52:47 PM »

I like the sheep pic the best...that technique is really cool. 

I can see that the gorilla hand would come in handy for some good jokes or to plant around the house in fun places (coming out of the shower or closet).

Keep crafting!  You're on a roll!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006 10:18:27 AM »

I really love the last photo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
Berry Apple
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006 12:14:03 PM »

I really love the last photo!
Same heer! I also love that gorilla hand. I like the effect on the bones on the first one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clovergrace
The Positive Pessimest

Sometimes when you fall, you fly.

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006 05:13:06 PM »

The gorilla's hand is awesome! It would have just been cliche if it was a banana. I think the bamboo was the best way to go. You did a great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zanarkand27

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006 08:31:27 PM »

Thanks guys!  Grin Oh and it has come in handy OriginalYouth....I can scare the crap out of my sister with it when she's drunk...  Wink
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006 08:34:49 PM by zanarkand27 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sora;;
Named after a puppet...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006 11:10:10 AM »

I love the sunflower negative print. It's really an intresting idea, and the effect is really nice. =D
Also I love the gorilla hand! Long live gorillas! I agree with clover grace, the bamboo was the best way to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Deuttis
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006 12:08:40 AM »

Gorilla's hand & bamboo is a good combination. Smiley And I like that tree!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Narnia
(English isn't my first language.)
weniguna
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006 04:14:25 AM »

Wow! I love your photography

Are those dorset sheep?

I work on a sheep farm and see lots of sheep and cats and thistle plants... never thought they could be photographed into such beautiful work!

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zanarkand27

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006 09:57:51 PM »

Wow! I love your photography

Are those dorset sheep?

I work on a sheep farm and see lots of sheep and cats and thistle plants... never thought they could be photographed into such beautiful work!

Great job!

Thanks! They are actually Polypay and Hampshire sheep...pretty annoying in real life....very cute when they're standing still and not baaing....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ombre Manicure Nail Art - Do It, Gurl
BEAUTY BUZZ: Badgley Mischka Spring 2014
Beauty Tips From Gwyneth Paltrow And Sandra Bullock
5 Must-Have Beauty Products For Fall
Zac Posen - NYFW Spring 2014 - Interviews, Backstage & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...