A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lafayette crafters?  (Read 8928 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008 03:27:36 PM »

There's actually a monthly stitching group that meets at the X-Stitch store down Ridge, though it's mostly older ladies.  A friend of mine's gone the last couple of months and raves about it.  I think the place is called Stitch and Frame?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
dragonflyinlove
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008 04:07:46 PM »

Yay! Its good to see that there is a thriving craft community in Lafayette.

Im going to be moving there within a year or so!

Are there any great craft/fabric stores in the area I should know about??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The worth of a rider is not measured by the times they fall but by the times they get back on.
theshipshape
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008 09:01:33 PM »

Yay. I live in Lafayette too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jms76nola
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010 05:27:45 PM »

Hey!  I'm down for a stitch n bitch in Lafayette!  I live an hour away, but just got super into crafting, and I embroider and crochet, plus I'm into all art.  Let me know if anyone wants to get together...email me at craftgirlie76@gmail.com.   Thanks! 

ps...Dear "unlikelyoilfieldwif e"..we have tons in common, especially musically and politically, email me if ya want.  I liked yr blog but could not figure out a way to contact you...I got educated in Chicago, the Northwest, and West Coast, and lived all those places...so its like being a fish out of water here in the conservative climate...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Frau_Eva
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010 10:31:21 PM »

Hey, another Lafayette crafster going to UL!  Grin I mostly sew and make kanzashi hair ornaments. I'd loooove to get into embroidering, but I don't have the money for a machine or the time to hand-embroider. Gotta work and go to class.  Tongue

I know what you guys mean about the conservative climate. Even though I was raised here and came back this year, I spent eight years in the swing state of North Carolina. It's especially awkward when you're the only young person in a crafting store and the rest are little old ladies talking about Obama's birth certificate.  Roll Eyes Aaaaawkward.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Labeelady
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011 07:39:23 AM »

No one's posted to this thread recently, so I'm going to let you all know that there is a crochet guild in Lafayette, namely the "Cajun Crocheters".  We're the only group that's affiliated with the Crochet Guild of America (CGOA).
We meet at Hancock Fabrics every second Tuesday from 6-8 PM.

Please send me a PM if you're interested in attending.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012 08:23:09 AM by Labeelady » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011 08:39:50 PM »

Ooh, I'm so excited for the new Joann's!  I went to the new Michael's for the first time today, and was really impressed.  It's so much nicer than the old one.  I also hit the store closing sale at Joann's.  I actually wasn't expecting it, but it was a happy surprise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
uglyshyla
Ugly Shyla

Ugly Shyla and Ugly Art Dolls

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011 09:44:51 PM »

There is also a little artist get together/vending thing once a month in Lafayette now at Artmosphere
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002347707785
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on most social media under @uglyshyla
Doll and Art Etsy
http://uglyartdotnet.etsy.com
Website http://www.uglyart.net
My famous Painting Squirrel http://www.facebook.com/winkelthesquirrel
NaturallyAlternative
Making natural gifts for everyday life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013 06:50:31 PM »

Seems it's been a while since anyone's posted here...

I'm new to the site and somewhat new to the area. My name is Stephanie and I'm 26 years old. Married 4 years to my husband and have a 4yo daughter and 3 month old daughter. I moved to LA in August 2012. I moved from North Carolina but I'm actually from Pennsylvania. I was in NC because my husband was in the Air Force and was stationed there. He was discharged and we moved here (long story short, he's from here). I was ever so sad to have to start over with finding crafty stuff here but slowly and surely am making progress. It's slow going because I was pregnant, and obviously had/have a newborn to care for. She's 3months now so I'm starting to be able to do more crafting again.

Some things I do: sew, make soap, work with wool, and bake. I used to draw but haven't in ages. I also have ball joint dolls that I photograph (not well though) and plan to work on a wooden doll house for them soon. Some day I hope to get into wood working. But with anything I do, gaw I love the thrill of creating something out of almost nothing. I pity people who are too scared to try crafting, who claim they aren't crafty. They are seriously missing out! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Butterfly
How to Crochet a Pansy Flower
How to Extreme Crochet - Part 2/5
How to Extreme Crochet - Granny Squares
How to Extreme Crochet - Part 1/5
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...