A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dog underwear????!???!  (Read 3491 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

woofluva
« on: July 19, 2006 02:40:06 AM »

I have a female rescue dog (ridgeback) here at the moment and she has incontinence which I am trying to treat

To keep the mess to a minimum I thought I would try find a pattern for some underwear I could sew for her. So far I have found nothing with my google searches

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006 05:55:35 AM »

i'm not sure how big her hips are, but when my mom's pom got old and incontinent(and when she was younger, when she was in heat) we just cut a tail hole in a regular diaper and it worked perfectly. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amie.v
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006 02:50:20 AM »

I dont have any patterens but i suggest you do sumfing  loose but not to loose and can i order a pair for my brother? kidding kidding..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DogGrrl
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006 04:10:42 PM »

They're called  bitch britches - try googling again?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathyd
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006 09:29:41 AM »

Here is a pattern for male cat "studpants" -- but you should be able to modify them -- or at least get an idea how to make something for your female dog:

http://www.cat-world.com.au/StudOveralls.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Faith
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006 03:50:42 PM »

There is a company that sells disposable diapers for dogs -- I found them at Petsmart. They work really, really well, though they are on the pricey side. So you could buy one pack and use the diaper as a template to make your own reuseable fabric and vinyl version. That way if you follow the template  exactly it should fit your pup perfectly, including the placement of the tail hole. They can be lined with maxipads or poise pads to absorb liquid.

The abovementioned pattern for cat drawers has very good directions that cover the basics of construction. You could also use Velcro for the closure portion Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

flanman
Bumble Bee

yeeeahh!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006 10:14:26 PM »

I have 2 dogs, one who went into heat, and one who is incontinent. We used the same thing for both of them, we had a harness, and used children's disposable diapers,(doggy diapers too expensive), use whatever size for your dog. and we used mattress clips, used for holding the sheet on the mattress, they have elastic and a weird snap/hook thing on each end. and looped the mattress clips around the harness strap to keep them on her bottom.

for our other dog who went into heat, (this might work for you depending on the degree of your dog's incontinence) we took a whole bunch of washcloths, and lined one side of them with thin vinyl and put buttons on each of the four corners, and took a child's leotard, and put button holes in the spots on the leotard where the washcloth needed to be.  and we snapped the crotch of the leotard over it, to secure it.

if you need any pics or help, PM me.  Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Computer Swap! Join today!
Those who criticize the youth might just be gettin too old.
-Ludacris
Wist!
toothy
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006 06:07:27 AM »

Little boy's underpants with a small pad (incontinence pad) tucked inside?  You would turn them around so the dog's tail would stick out the "pocket".

THIS ROCKS   Logged
isquibbled2
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006 04:32:34 PM »

My mom actually just bought a pair of doggy diapers for our aging, incontinant family dog. They are shaped like a gloth diaper with elastic gathering along stomach and leg area. There is velcro on the stomach side tabs and on the outside of the rear. Theres a small tail hole and an inner pocket to insert a feminine pad or incontinance pad for absorbancy. The outside is made of blue jean material and it is lined with a thick flannel. I drew a picture of it on paint(sorry its a little rough)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woofluva
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006 04:24:45 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to do that picture for me. I'll have a play around and see if I can make some  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Music Video
How to Produce Videos on a Budget
How to Write the Perfect Holiday Movie
Life, Love, Soul with Yandy Smith!
Five Things The Social Network Got Wrong
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...