A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Colors  (Read 735 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BlondieKate

^^^I wish!!^^^

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2006 10:28:29 AM »

So, are you drawn to certain colors over others?

I've been buying so many yarns in blues, purples, greens...lots of mellow colors.  Same thing with the yarns I've dyed.  How weird is that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wizardesssss

Cherish your bliss!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006 10:39:09 AM »

I can't stand pink, so I typically like the colours the furthest away from it. I like blues and dark purples and blacks, occasionally some reds. Really though it depends on what I'm knitting.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006 10:46:46 AM by Wizardesssss » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006 10:46:38 AM »

Yeah, I always head for the blues and purples. I *try* to break out of my box and go for something different, but every time I do, later I end up asking myself what possessed me to buy such a color. It makes sense if I'm knitting something that I will wear, the same way it makes sense that I always BUY clothing in pretty much the same colors, the colors that look good on me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
subloke
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006 11:31:44 AM »

I am always drawn to blues and greens and brown (in yarns and in other clothing) but I often end up going "practical" and knitting (and purchasing clothing if/when I do purchase clothing) in more neutral tones (beiges, greys, black) especially if the piece is meant for layering or is a cardigan/jacket. 

I figure I will get more use out of it if I can wear it with many different other pieces. 

I avoid like a plague any pinks or pale purples.  Reds, burgundies and yellow/orange all make me look seriously ill or just very very tired, so I stay away from those colors as well. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
crazy-psyne
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006 11:34:20 AM »

when i buy fabric im drawn to blues, reds, pinks and black/white. I think that i am drawn to those colors because most of them are in retro fabric, which is what i like to use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006 11:45:18 AM »

Colour is terribly subjective, and choosing colours to wear depends a lot on your own colouring - blonde girls look great in nearly all blue tones, black girls in red are vibrant, but swap those round and the results may not be nearly so flattering.  I noticed a few years ago when apricot was fashionable that it seemed to suit almost everyone except redheads.  I used to wear loads of bright blue in my teens, (dark blonde here) now that I'm in my 40's I wear a lot more soft golds, beiges and greens, as well as more muted blues.  I've given the bright blue suit to my 16yr old nephew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
rachelo
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006 11:50:04 AM »

I always buy the same colors of yarn -- blue and blue and sometimes blue!  Every time I get clearance yarn or yarn on sale, they're always the same colors!  The only time I seem to deviate from the course of blue (and shades of blue) is when I need to make something for someone else, then I only buy the exact amount of yarn I need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006 12:21:07 PM »

Of course we all have our favorite colors. Mostly I like `water' colors - shades of blues and greens and combinations of those. I like plum or rose, but not pink or purpley colors (especially since we have to wear lavender/lilac/orchid at work). I don't care for bright red, but like wine colored reds. With a few tans or gray thrown in. All of those look great with black, tan or denim so I don't have to match up my wardrobe to much.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Fozziebear54
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006 12:29:15 PM »

Lately when I buy anything meant for clothing, I consciously try to avoid greens, since I've been wearing and using so much of it I've just about turned into a plant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachelo
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006 12:51:20 PM »

It really is funny how we all seem to gravitate towards a certain pallate when choosing colors for ourselves, isn't it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Olivia Palermo Wants This Trend to Go Away!
Tadashi Shoji NYFW Fall 2014 - Interviews & Runway
Celebrity Sightings at NYFW Rebecca Minkhoff Show
Lindsey Vonn Walks the Runway on Crutches at Go Red Fashion Show!
Diane Kruger Stuns at Peter Pilotto for Target Fashion Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...