A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swedish Swap Gallery summer -06  (Read 6887 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006 10:52:08 AM »

I had a package waiting for me when I got home from the sucker-festival (power metal is no fun at all) to cheer me up. I haven't been able to take pics just yet, but they'll be coming along shortly.
Great package. Thankyou Aliwa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
trillian

One is never alone with a rubber duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006 12:36:27 AM »

Ohh, a reminder to everyone...
if your partner can't post pics, we'd all appreciate if you did it yourself, because I'm sure everyone else are is just as curious as I am, to see everything that's made Wink

I want to see pics too!
I would post if I could, but since my camera died a few months back I can't Cry (I should buy a new one but I'm too cheap)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit_core
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I put the RAGE in beverage.

Too lazy to be evil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006 01:09:12 AM »

Oh man!  That felted bag is so gorgeous!  And I usually don't like felted objects!  I'm going to have to Wist it, along with pretty much everything else in this gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."  Douglas Adams

Debbies only get respect in the knitting world.  How unfair is that?

Because Poe wrote on both of them.

Anyone up for a Jasper Fforde swap?
aliwa
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2006 10:44:22 PM »

So, finally I had the time to go and pick the box (!) up at the post office, and take pictures and everything Smiley

And what a box it was!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/aliwa/DSCN2150.jpg
A large towell with the words "don't panic" embroidered on. And a t-shirt with Totoro on. You perfectly captured that face, I have to tell you that! My boyfriend said to me "Oh... I love that t-shirt. Too bad that it is a bit too small for me. Can you tell her that I really liked it in a way that says that I love it, but not force her to make one for me?" So, he really adores it Smiley So do I of course!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/aliwa/DSCN2149.jpg
A necklace that I am wearing today, two sets of "armband" (too tired to find the word..) kind of like a wristlet but thinner? Oh well. And then two sets of earrings. I like them all! And one of the wristlets even has a whale pendant; it reminds me every time about the poor whale falling in "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy"

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/aliwa/DSCN2148.jpg
4 book marks with quotations/pictures from "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" I totally adore these too! They are so nice and cheerful. 4 bookthongs, like them as well - nice colours, and really nice wooden beads on. And then a mouse which could be used as a pin cusion. I love the expression on his face Smiley

I really liked everything, and it is so apparent that Trillian thought a lot about what to do to make everything in my taste; she succeeded!

-------------

Now over to a question. I haven't looked in the gallery before, and I was really surprised that I got so many things, and everyone else too. I had understood it as a "1 large item and 2 smaller, or 3 smaller, or 2 medium sized and 1 smaller" kind of thing, but apparently that was wrong of me? I either missunderstood the directions, or what a "small" thing is considered to be... It feels like I went to a Christmas party and we had agreed to make it small this year, and then everyone else shows up with huge afghans to give to each other that are hand quilted, and I stand there with my bottle of wine or flower; I could have made other things as well I just didn't know that it was expected of me you know?

I'm going to send something more to Ewushka later on, but I don't have time to do it in another month or so, but it is coming some time... Smiley

So, any comments on this please?

/Aliwa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006 12:19:02 AM »

Ooh I love what trillian made o_O

Thing with the swap rule is that it doesn't feel good to force people to "only do this much", but to set a level of what's a good amount to make. And that we did.
Now if people are enjoying their crafting too much to hold back, and/or they just have too much inspiration... who are we to stop 'em!

But yeah, the rule was as you quoted, and as long as you did that it's great Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
ewushka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006 02:01:55 AM »

Aliwa, don't feel obligated to make me more. I'm very pleased with what I got.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

aliwa
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006 02:42:07 AM »

Ah ok, it just felt a bit strange I guess. I'm happy that you're happy though! Smiley

/Aliwa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
linda_t
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006 09:11:43 AM »

Hr r dom jttefina sakerna jag fick av emapril idag!

En cool knallgul halsduk som kan vrma mig i hst.

Tv par rhngen (blommorna matchar halsduken perfekt!) och tv handgjorda bokmrken. Superfint alltihop!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

trillian

One is never alone with a rubber duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2006 12:14:01 PM »

I'm glad you liked what I sent you, Aliwa. Since Ewushka sent me such great things I tried to work extra hard to make a good swap package. BTW took the messenger bag with me to England and managed to get some black crap on it during the Ryan air flight (there was a lot of turbulence at the end, I was scared shitless)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ewushka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2006 06:05:23 AM »

I'm glad you liked what I sent you, Aliwa. Since Ewushka sent me such great things I tried to work extra hard to make a good swap package. BTW took the messenger bag with me to England and managed to get some black crap on it during the Ryan air flight (there was a lot of turbulence at the end, I was scared shitless)

I'm sure that sounds far worse than it is. Using "black crap" and "shitless" in the same sentence kinda sounds like you did something you shouldn't do in the bag Smiley

Here's the content of the package I didn't report to Melladh about fast enough.

It's a dino-bag, lavenderpockets and hairpins with skulls.
I'm pleased. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006 02:00:45 PM by ewushka » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Working with the Ink Bottle Tool
Macromedia Flash 8 - Working with the Eye Dropper Tool
Macromedia Flash 8 - Drawing with the PolyStar Tool
Macromedia Flash 8 - Drawing with the Oval Tool
Macromedia Flash 8 - Drawing with the Rectangle Tool
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...