A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Runway knit-a-long  (Read 5215 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

doodlebird
« on: July 17, 2006 03:39:12 AM »

Hey everyone, My friend Chauntel and I are working on a Project Runway tie in knit a long

http://pr3knitalong.blogspot.com/

The basic rules are knit while watching project runway. (any time it's on any marathons or DvD viewing or ipod viewings)

Knit a Michael Kors sweater (check vogue knitting)

OR

Design your own pattern (true PR style)

That really it. I hope there are tons of PR fans out there that like to knit. So we all can gab about the show and about our lovely projects!

any more questions e-mail me @ kristen@doodlebirdstudio.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachillsk8
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006 11:12:37 AM »

Sweet!  PR is the best show to knit during Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8lyn77
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006 05:29:27 AM »

I noticed this KAL a few days ago.  I remembered it again as I was working on my Michael Kors Aran Tee while watching my favorite show!  I knew I had to join in on the fun!
I am almost done with the back.  I'll be sure to post a pic soon.
What is everyone else working on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's like you're unraveling a cable knit sweater that someone keeps preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'knitting......and......knitting......and......knitting......and......knitting.......and......knitting......and') knitting..."
-Pee Wee Herman
adore_one
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006 02:21:11 PM »

oh great - I saw this before and did not join bec I did not realize I could do my own design (which I am currently working on - my first!)  so I MUST head over there!  Cheesy

LOVE PR!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where i ramble: www.adore-knits.blogspot.com
my stuff: www.stacyzdesigns.etsy.com
my wists: http://www.wists.com/adore_one
my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adoreone/
Searching for help in Asia will offer trade of handspun or other items.  Smiley
bijou_raoul
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006 04:58:58 AM »

I'm so happy to see knitty folks on here who love PR as much as I do.  If they had a PR for knitting, I would totally go for it.  Seems like it would be a boring show though, you'd have like 3 hours of watching someone knit a sleeve.  I still love the idea of this knitalong though, since I'm currently (sort of) working on the Aran Tee and I like to knit while watching TV, especially Project Runway. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anky
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006 04:51:00 PM »

We're only up to PR2 over here in australia but everyt tuesday night when it's on cable I sit down with my knitting and watch so I guess technically I'm part of this knitalong. I'm working on knitty's forecast so it's not a pattern I made up or a michael kors I'm afraid. But I love watching the show and can't wait to see the third series as well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8lyn77
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006 06:14:23 AM »

I am halfway finished with the aran tee.  I have the back and one sleeve done.  I think I might have to go and get another skein of yarn.  But I am really happy with it.  It is the closest thing to perfect I have made yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's like you're unraveling a cable knit sweater that someone keeps preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'knitting......and......knitting......and......knitting......and......knitting.......and......knitting......and') knitting..."
-Pee Wee Herman
bijou_raoul
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006 07:17:56 AM »

I have the front and back of my aran tee done and now I'm onto the sleeves, which I've decided to make either 3/4 or full length because I don't really like short-sleeved knit objects.  I tried to talk myself into making it with the short sleeves, but I just can't do it.  Where I live it seems kind of silly because if it's cold enough to wear a sweater, it had better have long sleeves on it.  I've been working on the project since April because I keep getting stressed out by all the complex stitch patterns and I need to take lots of breaks.  And it's also on hold right now because I need to order more yarn if I'm going to make long sleeves, and I need to wait until I'm back at school and working and making money before I can do that.  So I'll be posting back in about another month when I put in my yarn order. 

But I am continuing to knit while I watch Project Runway.  Right now I have a couple of projects going.  Neither is a Michael Kors design.  One is Sesame from MagKnits, which I altered a little:  It now has cables and a hood.  I'm making it from the yarn of another sweater that I unraveled because it didn't fit right.  I'm also working on a cowl-neck sweater from the new Fall Vogue Knitting, which I'm making in Homespun, which I HATE but I have a ton of it that I bought a couple of years ago when I first started knitting so I thought I should use it for something.  Hopefully it won't be a waste of my time. 

Anyway, happy knitting to everyone.  Let's keep this thread alive for all the PR addicts!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlecindy
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006 07:28:34 AM »

i've been posting updates in my blog, since it doesn't seem like there's a place to do it on a collective blog.

http://littlecindy.livejournal.com/tag/knitting
THIS ROCKS   Logged
adore_one
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006 12:33:43 PM »

I was about to ask how we post to the collective blog.  I have a blogger account, but it is not on my userpanel Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where i ramble: www.adore-knits.blogspot.com
my stuff: www.stacyzdesigns.etsy.com
my wists: http://www.wists.com/adore_one
my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adoreone/
Searching for help in Asia will offer trade of handspun or other items.  Smiley
Quincy134
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006 01:34:37 PM »

Ooooooo.  I want to join!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thecatsmeow26
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006 07:27:21 PM »

I know I am late in seeing this .... Just love PR... I am knitting something already, but I would love to see what you come up with! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
box of purls
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006 07:48:34 PM »

This is great.  The best knitting time is during Project Runway.  Right now I'm working on the right hand to Fetching from Fall's Knitty and then I'm supposed to start on a headband for a coworker of mine's granddaughter that I've got to sort of modify the pattern and all to.  I don't have a blogger account though, but I'll keep an eye on what you guys are doing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maiziemama
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008 10:25:04 PM »

This is soo funny that I found this thread...

I have been watching reruns of old seasons of project runway that I got from netflix.  We don't have regular tv, and usually i don't care, but I saw one episode of this show when I was visiting family and was hooked on the creative concept!!.  So now my hubby is out of town ( he rolls his eyes at that kind of show!!) and I've been knitting and watching old shows...love it!! its inspiring!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways To Wear A Printed Pencil Skirt
Get Excited for Cannes Film Festival Fashion
Diane Kruger Shows Major Midriff and More from the Prabal Gurung Dinner
Styling Tips For Great Gatsby Hair Accessories
Trend Alert: Cut Outs
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...