A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,954
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Runway knit-a-long  (Read 5221 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

doodlebird
« on: July 17, 2006 03:39:12 AM »

Hey everyone, My friend Chauntel and I are working on a Project Runway tie in knit a long

http://pr3knitalong.blogspot.com/

The basic rules are knit while watching project runway. (any time it's on any marathons or DvD viewing or ipod viewings)

Knit a Michael Kors sweater (check vogue knitting)

OR

Design your own pattern (true PR style)

That really it. I hope there are tons of PR fans out there that like to knit. So we all can gab about the show and about our lovely projects!

any more questions e-mail me @ kristen@doodlebirdstudio.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachillsk8
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006 11:12:37 AM »

Sweet!  PR is the best show to knit during Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8lyn77
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006 05:29:27 AM »

I noticed this KAL a few days ago.  I remembered it again as I was working on my Michael Kors Aran Tee while watching my favorite show!  I knew I had to join in on the fun!
I am almost done with the back.  I'll be sure to post a pic soon.
What is everyone else working on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's like you're unraveling a cable knit sweater that someone keeps preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'knitting......and......knitting......and......knitting......and......knitting.......and......knitting......and') knitting..."
-Pee Wee Herman
adore_one
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006 02:21:11 PM »

oh great - I saw this before and did not join bec I did not realize I could do my own design (which I am currently working on - my first!)  so I MUST head over there!  Cheesy

LOVE PR!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where i ramble: www.adore-knits.blogspot.com
my stuff: www.stacyzdesigns.etsy.com
my wists: http://www.wists.com/adore_one
my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adoreone/
Searching for help in Asia will offer trade of handspun or other items.  Smiley
bijou_raoul
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006 04:58:58 AM »

I'm so happy to see knitty folks on here who love PR as much as I do.  If they had a PR for knitting, I would totally go for it.  Seems like it would be a boring show though, you'd have like 3 hours of watching someone knit a sleeve.  I still love the idea of this knitalong though, since I'm currently (sort of) working on the Aran Tee and I like to knit while watching TV, especially Project Runway. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anky
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006 04:51:00 PM »

We're only up to PR2 over here in australia but everyt tuesday night when it's on cable I sit down with my knitting and watch so I guess technically I'm part of this knitalong. I'm working on knitty's forecast so it's not a pattern I made up or a michael kors I'm afraid. But I love watching the show and can't wait to see the third series as well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8lyn77
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006 06:14:23 AM »

I am halfway finished with the aran tee.  I have the back and one sleeve done.  I think I might have to go and get another skein of yarn.  But I am really happy with it.  It is the closest thing to perfect I have made yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's like you're unraveling a cable knit sweater that someone keeps preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'knitting......and......knitting......and......knitting......and......knitting.......and......knitting......and') knitting..."
-Pee Wee Herman
bijou_raoul
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006 07:17:56 AM »

I have the front and back of my aran tee done and now I'm onto the sleeves, which I've decided to make either 3/4 or full length because I don't really like short-sleeved knit objects.  I tried to talk myself into making it with the short sleeves, but I just can't do it.  Where I live it seems kind of silly because if it's cold enough to wear a sweater, it had better have long sleeves on it.  I've been working on the project since April because I keep getting stressed out by all the complex stitch patterns and I need to take lots of breaks.  And it's also on hold right now because I need to order more yarn if I'm going to make long sleeves, and I need to wait until I'm back at school and working and making money before I can do that.  So I'll be posting back in about another month when I put in my yarn order. 

But I am continuing to knit while I watch Project Runway.  Right now I have a couple of projects going.  Neither is a Michael Kors design.  One is Sesame from MagKnits, which I altered a little:  It now has cables and a hood.  I'm making it from the yarn of another sweater that I unraveled because it didn't fit right.  I'm also working on a cowl-neck sweater from the new Fall Vogue Knitting, which I'm making in Homespun, which I HATE but I have a ton of it that I bought a couple of years ago when I first started knitting so I thought I should use it for something.  Hopefully it won't be a waste of my time. 

Anyway, happy knitting to everyone.  Let's keep this thread alive for all the PR addicts!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlecindy
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006 07:28:34 AM »

i've been posting updates in my blog, since it doesn't seem like there's a place to do it on a collective blog.

http://littlecindy.livejournal.com/tag/knitting
THIS ROCKS   Logged
adore_one
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006 12:33:43 PM »

I was about to ask how we post to the collective blog.  I have a blogger account, but it is not on my userpanel Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where i ramble: www.adore-knits.blogspot.com
my stuff: www.stacyzdesigns.etsy.com
my wists: http://www.wists.com/adore_one
my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adoreone/
Searching for help in Asia will offer trade of handspun or other items.  Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Vampire Lips With Makeup
How to Do Vampire Eyes With Makeup
Vampire Makeup Contouring
Vampire Makeup Foundation
How to Make a Personalized Christmas Stocking
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...