A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pinwheel Sweater for Children... KAL  (Read 11342 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Xiuxiu
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2006 07:54:43 AM »

Is this KAL still on?
I just started knitting this sweater for my 6 mo.
Gosh, such an addictive knitting.  I'm using elann peruvian wool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

megaknits
mega(k)nits

do you like it?? i like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2006 03:44:58 AM »

I'm pretty sure that there are a few people still working on this pattern. I'm currently on the edging of my second one. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2006 04:12:14 PM »

I'm still here! When I said in a previous post that this is a quick knit, it was before I got to the outer part (takes much longer to get around...) and the loopy bind off. I think I'm about 2/3's of the way through the bind off now. It's slow going, but so cute that it's going to be worth it. Mine doesn't look exactly like the pattern photo. I may be doing something differrent than instructed (although I think I'm doing it right!) but it's a pretty neat edge, and I'm leaving it  Cheesy.

I hope to start on the sleeves tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
sittenknitten
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2006 06:45:49 AM »

FWIW, here's a photo "sans sleeves." The Patons SWS has knit up nicely. I was concerned that the striping might come out in some odd way, but I'm pretty happy with it. On to the sleeves!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
apixiegrl
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2006 12:50:16 PM »

ooo sittenknitten... your pinwheel sweater is looking beautiful in those colors..and i agree about how the sweater seems to go really fast until the garter stitch rows and the loopy edging.. once they are done though.. the sleeves go pretty fast.. (^_^)

go go megaknits... i can't wait to see sweater #2..!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2006 02:46:01 PM »

Megaknits, are you making a matching sweater or a different one? I love the colors you choose for your first one!

apixiegrl, the sleeves ARE going fast. I am just ready to make the second round of decreases and have just realized I may have started the sleeve round and done the increases in the wrong place. I'm thinking it should have been on the bottom "intersection:" but wait: since the sweater can be worn short side up or long side up, which side IS best for the decreases? Oh boy, I am overthinking again, but where did you guys place yours?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
apixiegrl
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2006 03:31:06 PM »

the sweater can be worn both ways.. i just looked at mine and the decreases on the sleeves are facing up toward the shorter side of the sweater.. and when worn that way they are hardly noticable....... knit on.!!.Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

megaknits
mega(k)nits

do you like it?? i like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2006 07:26:32 AM »

sittenkitten: This second sweater I'm making is similar to the one I made for Emily. It's naturals, greens and purples, but uses a little more green I think. The colors are:

Silver Birch
Peridot
New Leaf
Lace Pink
Orchid Pink
Lotus Blosson
Grape

Plus for the sleeves, I did the stockinette in color # 4 and then striped the ribbing with all 7 colors. Just 6 rnds of each color gives you your 12" sleeve. See:

And on Emily's sweater I accidently did the increases on the 'top' and only later realized that it would be weird one way or the other so it's no big deal.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 02:38:48 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2006 10:16:57 AM »

omg..!!! so beautifull.... I luv what u did to the sleeves...what a great idea...(^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2006 02:40:20 PM »

I didn't think the first one could be any prettier, but the second one is another home run! Beautiful! I like your sleeve idea too.

It's good to know that the arm decreases don't matter  Wink !

I've got my first sleeve finished, now I have to see if I can match up the stripe pattern so the second one resembles the first... Self patterning yarn seemed like a good idea, but at this point I'm wanting a teensy bit more control over how the stripes turn out on the second arm.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Texture - SideFX Houdini
How to Do the ScreenFlow Zoom Effect - Motion 3
How to Use Macros - Shake 4.1
How to Use Pro Keying Method - Motion 3
How to Use Advanced Keying Using Two Keys - Shake 4.1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...