A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pinwheel Sweater for Children... KAL  (Read 11237 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anniefee
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2006 08:58:34 AM »

that is beautiful! i really love how you organized the colors. yay! i'm so excited to get ready to start my own. you know...in a million years when i have the experience Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

http://annieisabel.etsy.com
apixiegrl
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2006 09:27:02 AM »

If u have already knit a hat... maybe u should try a little sample of the sweater pattern...use stitch markers in between the yarn overs and a row counter to keep track of your rows...I use little post its for notes for reminders of where i stopped when i had to put my knitting down.. I would use what ever plain yarn u have around the house and dbl pointed needles to work up a sample of the pattern...I did a boo boo on my first try but ripped it out and started again with no problem...once u have made a little sample of the pinwheel design ... u are ready.. I never hurts to try.. (^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2006 11:13:45 AM »

apixiegrl, that is beautiful.  I love it!!!  I can't wait unitl I start mine.  But I don't want it so long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

megaknits
mega(k)nits

do you like it?? i like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2006 11:40:40 AM »

My yarn arrived today! Woo hoo. Unfortunately, I figured out this morning that I don't have any of the needles necessary to start (but I could make the arm cuffs). And the baby wasn't up to visiting Joann's after Michael's didn't have any of the needles. Sad Tomorrow we'll pick them up though.

I'm not sure if I want to go light to dark or dark to light colorwise. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 02:36:31 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anniefee
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2006 01:05:24 PM »

thanks for the encouragment, pixie! i have made hats before.....that's a good idea about making a mock-up. i do that when i sew, i don't know why i didn't think to do it for this. i think the sleeves are what scares me. i definitely need to practice using dpns!

megaknits, your colors are so pretty! i'm liking the radiating inside dark to outside light variation, but light to dark would work, too! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

apixiegrl
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2006 01:54:12 PM »

ooooo I luv your color megaknits!!... if u go light to dark .. the pretty purple will be on the edging and around their face when they wear the hood...or.. make one light to dark and one dark to light.. (^_^)

apixiegrl, that is beautiful.  I love it!!!  I can't wait unitl I start mine.  But I don't want it so long.

actually this this sweater can be worn so the longer part is at the top.. that makes the hood... as the child grow it can be worn with the longer part at the bottom for a longer length..

*my blog entry is up... it took all day  for the server to update it for some reason..*
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006 01:57:33 PM by apixiegrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2006 06:11:12 AM »

actually this this sweater can be worn so the longer part is at the top.. that makes the hood... as the child grow it can be worn with the longer part at the bottom for a longer length..

I was talking about one for me but thank you for the advice.  I appreciate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anniefee
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2006 05:27:57 PM »

SO! my husband just told me he's taking me to maine for our first anniversary in october! yippee! i've never been there and i've wanted to go for the longest time. this means that i will need warm things. like sweaters. like this sweater.  Wink i gotta start practicing!! oh if only payday would come soon so i could order my yarn.....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2006 11:40:49 AM »

I luv this sweater.. it's really fun to knit... I would make one for myself too if I thought i would wear it.. but I don't think i would get much use out it unless we have an unusually cold winter here..(Florida) and it's too pretty to use just in the house..hehe..

I've been slowly knitting along and have finished one sleeve and just picked up the stitches for next sleeve.. I posted a picture on my blog.. as i was knitting the ribbing on the sleeve it seemed like it was getting overly long so i didn't knit it as long as the pattern calls for .. i thinks its ok...http://magicpixieknitter.blogspot.com/2006/07/just-knitting.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006 08:17:58 AM by apixiegrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

megaknits
mega(k)nits

do you like it?? i like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2006 05:19:16 AM »

Okay, I've almost finished the body of sweater #1 and feel like I have a good handle on how to do the edging, but I'm starting to worry about the armholes.

Do you leave the contrasting color yarn from the provisional cast-on in the sweater?? If so, why wouldn't you just do the provisional cast on with the arm color??

If you'd like to see my progress, there's pics on my blog. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Bow Hair Style
How to Style Your Hair Using the H2Pro Straightener
How to Find Your Perfect Hair Extensions Color
Clip In Hair Extensions - Questions and Answers
How to Wash and Care For Clip In Human Hair Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...