A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,314
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pinwheel Sweater for Children... KAL  (Read 13055 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

apixiegrl
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2006 02:53:53 PM »

KnittenChicken .. your sweater is beautiful..!!.. I had the same problem with the very last loop of the edging.. next time i make this sweater i think i my make the last loop one row shorter then bind off..(^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daizyduke
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2007 05:15:08 PM »

I'm curious about the actual yardage also. I want to make a single color version. Anyone have any idea? Thanks.

I forgot to ask in my original post, does anyone know the actual yardage used for this sweater, baby and adult?  I want to make a solid color version, it's hard to determine how much you really need since you need 7 separate colors but only use a bit of those first few balls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
soozeq
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2007 05:33:05 PM »

It's now posted on the elann site - 8 for children, 15 for adults. Though that's also the same number you'd use for the different colors, so I guess it's not a lot of help.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
temptingpsydfx
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2007 03:34:21 PM »

So it only took me about 9 months to do, but my Pinwheel is done. I started in September, moved in October, had my daughter in December, and just finally picked it up to finish the sleeves last night. My neighbors daughter saw it and it looks like I might be making one in pinks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Apple Jacks~*~
apixiegrl
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2007 04:16:57 PM »

gratz on your sweater.. both sweater and baby are adorable..gj
(^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

honeycomb
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2007 06:03:00 AM »

oh how beautiful, sweater and baby  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sherry71
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2007 07:55:30 AM »

I don't know why I never noticed this before.  Quite awhile back I posted a question about a similar sweater I saw in an old IK mag.  Soozeq PM'd me & faxed me a copy but I never got around to making it. 

This pattern seems simpler & I love it!

My question is:  I am fairly sensitive to wools, especially scratchy ones.  Is the Peruvian Highland Wool itchy or is it soft?  I usually have to knit with merino, etc but I love the colors of the yarn that the pattern calls for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2007 08:20:35 AM »

Hi sherry, yeah, this is a little easier a pattern, the main difference is the Vogue has garter stitch and when you change colors the changes are on the outside.

I'm making the adult pinwheel and am using Lion's Woolease. It's the first time I've worked with it and it's quite nice. Not as soft as merino style from knitpicks but not at all itchy. Both of them have quite a lot of colors too.  sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
apixiegrl
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2007 10:57:33 AM »

My question is:  I am fairly sensitive to wools, especially scratchy ones.  Is the Peruvian Highland Wool itchy or is it soft?  I usually have to knit with merino, etc but I love the colors of the yarn that the pattern calls for.
Sherry71 I made the sweater out of the Peruvian Highland Wool for a baby and she didn't have problems wearing it. The yarn is not as buttery soft as merino but it's not prickly. I also am sensitive to some wools. I also know others that have made these sweaters for babies with no apparent problems as far as itching.. Hope that helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2007 12:08:25 PM »

Cute sweater and baby! Love the color scheme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Product Photography
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Portrait Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Panoramic Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Night Portrait Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...