A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,914
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pinwheel Sweater for Children... KAL  (Read 12034 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

apixiegrl
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006 09:52:56 AM »

Megaknits.. that sounds like a plan.. and how cute will that be...big sister and little sister in matching sweaters!!!..

Like i mentioned before.. I will be making the children's (baby) version...as i live in Florida I really don't think i will be making the adult version in the near future.. but all are welcome to KAL share your progress.. thanks for your advice and knowledge on the adult version soozeq..(nice to have someone who has been working on it to help with questions) I hope u will all post your progress and pictures..we luv pictures!!! (^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006 01:06:27 PM »

hahahaha....i want it for myself! Smiley i guess i can still apply what you said though. and.......i could make one for a friend of mine's baby, just to get the hang of it, and then make one for me!

thanks so much Smiley

For the adult size, follow the pattern; it says make it until it's large enough. One way to figure it outwhere you're at is to lay it out so half of it is more or less flattened out. Then measure from the center to the edge and double the inches. You'd want it at least large enough to meet in front, with maybe a little overlap. So probably whatever your bust measures plus 2-4 inches.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
kelliann74
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006 07:10:35 PM »

Thanks so much for the responses!  I did finally get it figured out last night at about midnight!!  I get obsessive sometimes ...I'm sure no one here can relate to that  Wink

I'm nearly done with the body and will hopefully start the sleeves this weekend.  I'll post pics when I am done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anniefee
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006 07:24:47 PM »

thanks, sue! now that i read that, i realize it was pretty self-explanatory in the first place! i need a pocket-sized version of you for all my idiotic knitting quandries. Cheesy

...as i live in Florida I really don't think i will be making the adult version in the near future..

i live in florida, too! unfortunately, i'm a native sensitive to any temperature that dips below a comfy 78 degrees.....so summertime is just as bad as "winter", with everyone's a/cs blasting me into an ice cube! Wink

oh, i hope i can get started on one version or the other soon. i'm anxious to see any sort of progress on anyone's variation! all these colors sound (and look) so appealing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

http://annieisabel.etsy.com
apixiegrl
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006 08:54:37 AM »

I've been making progress!!!.. this is a very addicting sweater to knit.. the circular design is a nice change from a standard sweater.. makes it fun to knit..
well.. I posted my progress on my blog.. with pictures.. I also changed my color set up.. starting with the darkest colors first and working out to the lightest..

http://magicpixieknitter.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anniefee
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2006 09:14:29 AM »

that looks great! wow! i think i'm going to have to wait to start this until i'm a little more experienced.....my eyes are bigger than my skill! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

http://annieisabel.etsy.com
rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006 06:20:25 AM »

That looks really nice.  I'm going to need your help when I start mine and get to the provisional cast on.  Question: did you reverse the colors on the sweater?  I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2006 08:20:50 AM »

Question: did you reverse the colors on the sweater?  I love it.

Yes.. i reversed the colors starting with the darkest color in the center working out to the lightest color which will be along the outer edge.. Right now I'm on my last color with 8 more rows to go and one more increase... then I can start on my sleeves

on my blog there is a link to the provisional cast on.. see if that helps.. (^_^)
http://magicpixieknitter.blogspot.com/2006/07/who-knew.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006 08:19:46 AM by apixiegrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006 08:28:43 AM »

I was just looking at it but I may have a stupid moment. You never know.  :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2006 08:47:47 AM »

here is my progress so far...this sweater actually knits up really fast because its small...as u get towards the outer  bands of colors it goes just a little bit slower.. I'm working on the edging now with very little yarn left of the last color... i posted some pictures of the edging on my blog...the directions sounded  a bit confusing when i read them the first time.. but i started knitting it any way ..following the directions step by step and then it made sense..
edging--->http://magicpixieknitter.blogspot.com/2006/07/knit-on.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006 08:22:28 AM by apixiegrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author of Cowboy and Wills
Behind the Books with Marlene Wallach
Meet Author Ru Freeman
Ian Irvine Talks About The Last Albatross
Doug Stanton Talks About Horse Soldiers
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...