A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pinwheel Sweater for Children... KAL  (Read 10492 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

apixiegrl
« on: July 16, 2006 12:20:38 PM »

I'm about to start knitting the Pinwheel sweater for children from elann.com..  the children's sweater  will fit an infant 6-9 up to a child 4 years old.. sounds good to me.. here is the pattern if u would like to join me..

http://secure.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=138024

I just ordered my yarn today and have to finish up a few projects..
This is the yarn they used

http://secure.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=Peruvian+Collection+Highland+Wool&Cat=&ProductType=5&Count=1

the price is reasonable and lots of colors to choose from.... I picked the  shades around dusty pinks to oxblood with bisque and chocolate truffle..I will post pictures when i get my yarn.. (^_^)

a  picture of my finished pinwheel sweater is on page 5
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006 08:30:18 AM by apixiegrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anniefee
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006 12:39:17 PM »

ohhh man! if i had $36 + s&h and experience knitting gorgeous things i'd be so jumping in on this! as it is, so far i've made scarves and baby blankets and hats. do you think it's a decent pattern for a first sweater? i've tried telling myself that i fully understand the directions, but i don't know what it means to "knit into the front and back of each stitch" or "make sure you do your last yo on each needle" or the whole instructions on sleeves. Smiley i'm sure if i sat down and played with it i'd figure it out, but it's daunting. i've never used dpns before, just circular, and i don't know how to adjust for size. i don't know what a small, medium, or large means in terms of measurements.

eek! i want this sweater so bad i'd pay someone to make it for me! but then there's no satisfaction in having done it myself......agh. decisions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

http://annieisabel.etsy.com
apixiegrl
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006 07:26:20 PM »

http://learntoknit.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/faq-search.cgi?store=/stores/eyarn&faqKey=75
here is a link to help with knitting in the front and the back of a stitch. I'm not sure of the knitting lvl of the project because i haven't made it yet.. but maybe practice a little with dpn's before u attempt to make it. I think the adult sweater is like that child's version.. where the same sweater will fit all the sizes S,M and L.. That's what i understand from that directions anyway..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006 07:57:37 PM »

I was actually looking at that sweater on Friday.  Right now my funds are tight and will have to wait until the middle of September when my hubby starts working for the Board of Ed and could help me with the bills. But I would love one in the colors of the kids' size for an Adult sweater.  I love those colors.  As soon as I could round up some cash for the yarn I'm so in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006 08:05:16 PM »

I'm using this pattern as a basis to makeone for me. You need to determine what size you want to make - S, M, L - it isn't a one size fits all. It's knit in a circle and you need to know when make the armholes and how wide across you want it. Measure the top of your shoulders, then find the measurement for armhole placement that's closet. That's the size to make for the overall width. Make sure you have plenty of yarn... it sure seems to eat it! Grin

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
apixiegrl
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006 08:00:36 AM »

OOO thanks for th info soozeq... I'm glad someone is making the adlult version...Please let us know how your progress goes.. I'll be working on the child size as soon as my yarn arrives... (^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006 11:12:56 AM »

OOO thanks for th info soozeq... I'm glad someone is making the adlult version...Please let us know how your progress goes.. I'll be working on the child size as soon as my yarn arrives... (^_^)

At the moment, I'm taking a break from it, there's a lot of stitches along the edge and it's heavy! I got one sleeve started, but I'm not sure it's going to be wide enough, and that I'll have enough yarn to finish, so I may have to try another pattern. It's some unknown yarn I got on a cone 30 years ago when I was weaving so I don't have yardage for it. I think I was going to make a blanket or something with it. It may be  silk and/or cotton and/or wool; a dark blue thread with a gold thread, kinda like levis. It's going to be my `jeans' jacket, however I finish it.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
soozeq
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006 11:23:08 AM »

I forgot to mention - over in Completed Objects there's a finished one. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=105490.0

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006 12:36:28 PM »

After looking at that one in the Completed Project, I decided to join the KAL.  I could use any solid colors I have at home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006 01:15:54 PM »

Yay...
After looking at that one in the Completed Project, I decided to join the KAL.  I could use any solid colors I have at home.
I think what color or how many colors you use is a personal preference or a creative decision.. (^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 28/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 25/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 29/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 26/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 20/30
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...