A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Wedding DIYs (Lots of pictures)  (Read 19962 times)
Tags for this thread: template  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

binkey75
« on: July 16, 2006 09:12:25 AM »

Hello,

Im new here, and recently married, i had a ton of DIYs from our wedding, so i figured i would attempt posting pictures for the first time here! I hope it works!! (hopefully all these pictures dont bore you all!)

We had an e-party and handed out our Save-The-Dates there. I designed them in PhotoShop, then printed them out onto glossy photo paper. I cut them down, then put business card size sticky magnets (from Staples) on to the back of them.

http://images.snapfish.com/3468%3B5984%7Ffp345%3Enu%3D3256%3E235%3E849%3EWSNRCG%3D3233666499636nu0mrj

E-party Menus & Placecards that i made:
http://images.snapfish.com/3468%3B58%3B5%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3256%3E235%3E849%3EWSNRCG%3D3233666498885nu0mrj

http://www.cjbdesigns.com/images/graphics/placecards/place_flower.jpg

Newsletters for Reception:
This is something that I have been doing for friends who have been getting married. They contain info such as a did you know section, where we were going on our honeymoon, a relationship timeline, bridal party explanation and a bit more. They always seem to be such a hit! I rolled them up and tied them and placed them at everyones place setting at the table. You can see an upclose version of them here: http://www.cjbdesigns.com/pages/wg_news_ca.html

Our Menus:
The menus I designed using QuarkXPress, which is a graphic design program. I printed them out two to a page, then cut them in half. I printed them on watercolor paper, like my invitations and used the same fonts.

Invites & Envelopes
After having a difficult time with an invitation company (see above) I decided to make my own.. I used a font called Scriptina, which i downloaded from dafont.com. I printed them out on watercolor paper to give the invite a texture.

Memory Candles:
I purchased the pillar candles from Michaels (which did end up leaking everywhere) and used vellum from either Michaels or Staples. When you buy your vellum make sure you check which printer it works best with. The first time I bought the laserjet ones, and I have an inkjet and the ink rubbed right off onto my hand. I printed my design onto the vellum, cut the vellum down, then wrapped it around the candle and attached it with double stick tape, then took out the handy glue gun to glue ribbon to the edge of the vellum on both the top and the bottom.

Votive Placecards:
The cheapest place that I was able to find the votive candles was at Michaels when their party pack went on sale. I think it was $3.99 or $4.99 for a pack of 12 votives with the candles in it. First, I played with a piece of paper to get it to be the right size and have the right curve for my glass votives. I traced the edge with black sharpie, and scanned it into the computer. I was able to fit four to a page. I added my names, then printed them out onto vellum. I then cut them all out, making sure to cut off the black frame and then used both double stick tape and invisible tape to attach them to the votive.

Guest Book:
I originally wanted to make a photo book using mypublisher.com but ran out of time. So I scanned in and printed out all photos of us & I that I could find. I put them in chronological order, then rubber cemented them into a scrap book with black pages. I bought gold and silver sharpie pens so people could sign the blank pages. I feel like this is actually a guest book that I will look at again!

Activity Books:
I made these for all my flowergirls... inside there were a bunch of activities for them to do to kep them busy..

Petal Cones
I bought 12x12 scrap book paper on sale from Michaels. I cut it down to 6x6 and made it into a cone. First I took blank paper and played with it until I got the perfect curve. I think put them all through the printer, printed our monogram on it, then used a template to cut them all down so that they would be curved on top. I used both double stick tape and invisible tape to roll them into cones. (the invisible tape went on the inside)

Bridesmaid Jewelry:
Being a jewelry designer, you would think that this would have been easy for me, but it wasnt. I made the girls their bracelets. I made them 3 different pairs of earrings and let them choose which ones they wanted to wear the day of.

Flowergirl Jewelry:

I also made T-shirts for my flowergirls and ringbearer...I used the inkjet transfer sheets from Staples... you put them through the paper and iron them on!

My Bridal Bracelet & Anklet:

Camera Scavenger Hunt Tags:

Thank you cards:
I added the borders on photoshop and then printed them out onto watercolor paper to stay with my theme... my invites and menus were on water color paper as well!

Return Address Labels:

And finally a towel cake my sister in law made me, with our cat Blu attacking it!

Hopefully all these pictures didnt bore you all, and maybe gave someone some inspiration for something!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012 11:25:57 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
binkey75
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006 09:13:35 AM »

Oh and here is one more wedding DIY:

I made these placecards for a friends wedding... we watercolored paper, put it through the printer, then cut them out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Conkers
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006 10:09:28 AM »

Wow!! you did a fantastic job they all look so good!! I think I might borrow a few idea for my wedding!!

XXX
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006 10:46:57 AM »

Wow... I'm not even engaged, but I am going to bookmark this thread in case that day arrives in the future!  Smiley  Lovely, lovely, lovely... so many of your ideas bring inspiration of other ideas.  Thank you for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
stringy
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006 04:01:22 AM »

All of this looks so good! Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
YourDadsMistress
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006 04:13:20 AM »

This took my breath away! I never ever wanted to get married ( seriously, I think its a waste of money. You shouldnt have to spend sooooo much to prove your love to someone. And, I think that relationships last longer without marriage. Just my opinions. ) but now, I look at it in a whole new way. You did a lovely job on everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ehleeza819
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006 12:19:25 PM »

thanks for the great inspiration...what is the towel cake for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MiaBlaze
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006 02:39:30 PM »

Amazing-absolutely amazing! I would love to borrow some of your ideas- I just think you did the most incredible job!

Congrats on your marriage!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nineightohone

Don't make me come over there!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006 02:46:45 PM »

Holy cow is all I can say.

I kept scrolling down and my jaw dropped further toward the floor with every photo!

What a great time I bet you had doing all those special touches. Smiley

I even emailed the link to this to my mom (hi mom!) so she can see. She loves weddings and doing personal things such as what you've done here.

Wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

Please come see my Etsy shop! www.notjustpurses.etsy.com Thanks Smiley
novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006 03:54:08 PM »

Thanks for sharing all your great ideas and hard work. I love the candle idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Low Passing Plane Trick
How to Catch Glasses
Two Time War Vet Gets Crafty for Charity
How to Make DIY Tassel Jewelry
How to Make DIY Shrinky Dink Jewelry
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...