A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Wedding DIYs (Lots of pictures)  (Read 19839 times)
Tags for this thread: template  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

binkey75
« on: July 16, 2006 09:12:25 AM »

Hello,

Im new here, and recently married, i had a ton of DIYs from our wedding, so i figured i would attempt posting pictures for the first time here! I hope it works!! (hopefully all these pictures dont bore you all!)

We had an e-party and handed out our Save-The-Dates there. I designed them in PhotoShop, then printed them out onto glossy photo paper. I cut them down, then put business card size sticky magnets (from Staples) on to the back of them.

http://images.snapfish.com/3468%3B5984%7Ffp345%3Enu%3D3256%3E235%3E849%3EWSNRCG%3D3233666499636nu0mrj

E-party Menus & Placecards that i made:
http://images.snapfish.com/3468%3B58%3B5%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3256%3E235%3E849%3EWSNRCG%3D3233666498885nu0mrj

http://www.cjbdesigns.com/images/graphics/placecards/place_flower.jpg

Newsletters for Reception:
This is something that I have been doing for friends who have been getting married. They contain info such as a did you know section, where we were going on our honeymoon, a relationship timeline, bridal party explanation and a bit more. They always seem to be such a hit! I rolled them up and tied them and placed them at everyones place setting at the table. You can see an upclose version of them here: http://www.cjbdesigns.com/pages/wg_news_ca.html

Our Menus:
The menus I designed using QuarkXPress, which is a graphic design program. I printed them out two to a page, then cut them in half. I printed them on watercolor paper, like my invitations and used the same fonts.

Invites & Envelopes
After having a difficult time with an invitation company (see above) I decided to make my own.. I used a font called Scriptina, which i downloaded from dafont.com. I printed them out on watercolor paper to give the invite a texture.

Memory Candles:
I purchased the pillar candles from Michaels (which did end up leaking everywhere) and used vellum from either Michaels or Staples. When you buy your vellum make sure you check which printer it works best with. The first time I bought the laserjet ones, and I have an inkjet and the ink rubbed right off onto my hand. I printed my design onto the vellum, cut the vellum down, then wrapped it around the candle and attached it with double stick tape, then took out the handy glue gun to glue ribbon to the edge of the vellum on both the top and the bottom.

Votive Placecards:
The cheapest place that I was able to find the votive candles was at Michaels when their party pack went on sale. I think it was $3.99 or $4.99 for a pack of 12 votives with the candles in it. First, I played with a piece of paper to get it to be the right size and have the right curve for my glass votives. I traced the edge with black sharpie, and scanned it into the computer. I was able to fit four to a page. I added my names, then printed them out onto vellum. I then cut them all out, making sure to cut off the black frame and then used both double stick tape and invisible tape to attach them to the votive.

Guest Book:
I originally wanted to make a photo book using mypublisher.com but ran out of time. So I scanned in and printed out all photos of us & I that I could find. I put them in chronological order, then rubber cemented them into a scrap book with black pages. I bought gold and silver sharpie pens so people could sign the blank pages. I feel like this is actually a guest book that I will look at again!

Activity Books:
I made these for all my flowergirls... inside there were a bunch of activities for them to do to kep them busy..

Petal Cones
I bought 12x12 scrap book paper on sale from Michaels. I cut it down to 6x6 and made it into a cone. First I took blank paper and played with it until I got the perfect curve. I think put them all through the printer, printed our monogram on it, then used a template to cut them all down so that they would be curved on top. I used both double stick tape and invisible tape to roll them into cones. (the invisible tape went on the inside)

Bridesmaid Jewelry:
Being a jewelry designer, you would think that this would have been easy for me, but it wasnt. I made the girls their bracelets. I made them 3 different pairs of earrings and let them choose which ones they wanted to wear the day of.

Flowergirl Jewelry:

I also made T-shirts for my flowergirls and ringbearer...I used the inkjet transfer sheets from Staples... you put them through the paper and iron them on!

My Bridal Bracelet & Anklet:

Camera Scavenger Hunt Tags:

Thank you cards:
I added the borders on photoshop and then printed them out onto watercolor paper to stay with my theme... my invites and menus were on water color paper as well!

Return Address Labels:

And finally a towel cake my sister in law made me, with our cat Blu attacking it!

Hopefully all these pictures didnt bore you all, and maybe gave someone some inspiration for something!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012 11:25:57 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
binkey75
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006 09:13:35 AM »

Oh and here is one more wedding DIY:

I made these placecards for a friends wedding... we watercolored paper, put it through the printer, then cut them out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Conkers
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006 10:09:28 AM »

Wow!! you did a fantastic job they all look so good!! I think I might borrow a few idea for my wedding!!

XXX
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006 10:46:57 AM »

Wow... I'm not even engaged, but I am going to bookmark this thread in case that day arrives in the future!  Smiley  Lovely, lovely, lovely... so many of your ideas bring inspiration of other ideas.  Thank you for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
stringy
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006 04:01:22 AM »

All of this looks so good! Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
YourDadsMistress
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006 04:13:20 AM »

This took my breath away! I never ever wanted to get married ( seriously, I think its a waste of money. You shouldnt have to spend sooooo much to prove your love to someone. And, I think that relationships last longer without marriage. Just my opinions. ) but now, I look at it in a whole new way. You did a lovely job on everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ehleeza819
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006 12:19:25 PM »

thanks for the great inspiration...what is the towel cake for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MiaBlaze
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006 02:39:30 PM »

Amazing-absolutely amazing! I would love to borrow some of your ideas- I just think you did the most incredible job!

Congrats on your marriage!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nineightohone

Don't make me come over there!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006 02:46:45 PM »

Holy cow is all I can say.

I kept scrolling down and my jaw dropped further toward the floor with every photo!

What a great time I bet you had doing all those special touches. Smiley

I even emailed the link to this to my mom (hi mom!) so she can see. She loves weddings and doing personal things such as what you've done here.

Wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

Please come see my Etsy shop! www.notjustpurses.etsy.com Thanks Smiley
novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006 03:54:08 PM »

Thanks for sharing all your great ideas and hard work. I love the candle idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
binkey75
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006 12:10:08 AM »

thanks for the great inspiration...what is the towel cake for?

the towel cake was a gift to me at my shower... my sister in law made it for me out of the towels that i wanted!! just a cool way to present them, instead of wrapping them in a box!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
binkey75
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006 12:11:24 AM »

great job, binky75!!!

everything came together beautifully.

i do have two questions for you, though.... have you posted on ultimatewedding.com? your save the date looks familiar.

second question...how did your friend display the leaves for her wedding? i've been toying with the same idea for my fall wedding, but i haven't been sure as to how it will look/come together.

again, your stuff was amazing. may god bless your new marriage with unconditional understanding and never-ending love

thanks!!!

I have never heard of ultimateweddings.com before... i'll have to check it out though...

the leaves were just placed on the table flat to display them... they looked really pretty!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
binkey75
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006 12:13:36 AM »

thanks everyone for your wonderful comments!!! Im new here (this was my first posting of things that i have made) and i havent been on the site in a couple days and it was great to come back to all of the fabulous remarks!!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lin_saavedra
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006 06:06:35 PM »

wow
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Frogster
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006 01:07:20 PM »

Wow everything is just breathtaking. Did you write the poem for the guestbook? I love it, it's inspiring me in preparation for my brothers wedding Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rikoshay
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006 05:37:10 PM »

Awesome!

I didn't read carefully enough and I thought that your cat was climbing on your cake!

You did a beautiful job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpbride
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006 09:57:36 AM »

Love it love it love it!! I'm borrowing your program idea and the votive one too! Way to do things all by yourself! You're super bride!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006 10:30:38 AM »

Wow! You did an amazing job! By the way, congratulations ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Petunia0384
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006 09:07:17 AM »

Wow, you did such a beautiful job with everything.  Shocked  I think the timelines are my favorite because they're such a unique idea and so beautifully done.

I'm glad I have about 20 months until my wedding date, because it gives me plenty of time to do crafty stuff for it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
tinybits

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006 12:26:37 AM »

oh these are stunning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tivaclare
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006 10:42:59 AM »

This stuff will give some great ideas for my sis's wedding. She's still in school and her FI won't be out until a few months after they get married, so we're looking to do a lot ourselves.

I'll make sure to send this her way. I'm 1200 miles away  Sad or I'd do it all for her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dinostar
Fun Bunny

Stay Crafty!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006 07:04:36 AM »

Wow all of that stuff was amazing and it is so cool that you were that involved in your wedding instead of paying a ton of money for others to do it. And you know that everyone is going to really remember it because in case you didnt notice, people who arent crafty are soooooooooo in awe about everything you make. Great, great, great, great job and I hope that your future is bright and HAPPY!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006 07:29:18 AM »

WOW!!  I love everything - you do great work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aytchjay
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2006 01:09:02 PM »

It's all wonderful! I just have to warn you, though, be careful with that scrap book. It's very likely you'll have to re-affix the photos many years from now, because rubber cement tends to just... disintegrate over time. It shouldn't harm your pictures, but just to warn you, they will probably come unglued sometime down the line. Just a friendly warning! Excellent job designing and executing everything; it's very impressive!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bilblio
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006 01:56:42 PM »

Fantastic stuff.
I especially love the idea of the Photo Scavenger Hunt. Every wedding I've been to recently people seem to take photos of each other sat around the table, photos of cutting the cake, then leave the rest empty.
Blokey and I are never likely to have a traditional wedding, but I'll suggest this idea to all my other friends. It'll save me doing my normal trick of finding all the cameras towards the end of the night and finishing them all off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog - http://www manickitty.co.uk/
My wists - http://www.wists.com/bilblio/
SewingLori
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2006 02:20:58 PM »

Everything is beautiful. I did the same type of guest book. I've been married now for 5 years, and I still love looking at it. My son loves it the most because it has so many pictures of mommy and daddy in it.

You are very talented.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aeryn
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006 06:32:05 AM »

Those candles are gorgeous favors! I downloaded that font (thanks for telling where you found it) and I'm definitely going to use it for my wedding some day.

Also, great bridesmaid give-away. I make jewelry too. I don't think I'm going to have bridesmaids, but if I did, I'd totally follow suit. Homemade jewelry is the best gift ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alo42d
I can fly, I can fly, I can fly

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do, I do, I do

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006 03:23:38 PM »

OMG!! when did you have time to do everthing? its all so beautiful. i would never be able to do something like that. i looks professionally made. really good job.you should think about it as extra money.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Follow the second star to the right and straight on till morning

Welcome to my Neverland

All we need is Faith, Trust, and a little bit of Pixie Dust

http://www.wists.com/alo42d
www.myspace.com/tinkerbell_alo42d
Digsy LaRaspberry

Voracious eater of music

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2006 09:58:15 PM »

So, so, so beautiful!

... I wish I had the skills to do something like that for mine...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoddessChylde
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006 08:32:06 PM »

I love the newsletter idea.  I'm totally going to steal that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missapril
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006 09:27:45 AM »

You, Dear, are the reason I am now DIY-ing most of my wedding things!!  This post is my inspiration!

I especially love the "scavenger hunt" for the one time use cameras.  Wonderful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xoxo - April
mama and missus :: as of 7/19 and 8/15

i have a wist
janet80
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006 04:23:16 PM »

Those are fantiastic! May I ask what font you've used and where I might find it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006 05:39:43 PM »

Invites & Envelopes
After having a difficult time with an invitation company (see above) I decided to make my own.. I used a font called Scriptina, which i downloaded from dafont.com. I printed them out on watercolor paper to give the invite a texture.

The info was already there in her original post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
janet80
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006 06:00:48 PM »

D'oh! I have a cold - does that absolve me at all? Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kwchick
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006 09:35:57 PM »

That jewelery is sooooo beautiful!! You look so pretty on the thank you cards!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't sell my stuff, but become a fan on Facebook!
Shylock_Designs
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006 04:42:12 AM »

D'oh! I have a cold - does that absolve me at all? Roll Eyes

Just this once!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
binkey75
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2006 08:18:46 AM »

Thanks again everyone for such nice responses!!! Im glad I could help inspire some people!! I actually have created a web site now and sell some of these things!! It has been doing really well! Making extra money doing things you live is fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoriHatesOkra
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2006 07:41:10 AM »

What wonderful ideas!! I'm just starting to plan my own wedding for September of 07 and you've really inspired me!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007 07:04:51 PM »

omyword, those are amazing. i cant wait to get engaged someday and craft awesome stuff like you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
Bourgeois
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2007 04:13:42 PM »

Again, love your ideas and creativity!  I'm doing alot of DIY for my own wedding and its great to get outside ideas!  I think I'm going to 'steal' your adorable Did you know?  idea for the back of my programs, to spice them up!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.theknittingdietitian.blogspot.com
on ravelry- knittingdietitian
raysen2
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2007 04:57:03 PM »

WOW!!!!  I wish I had the time for all of your wonderful ideas, could you please e-mail me the Camera Scavenger Hunt Poem, I think I can pull that one off?

raysen2@ix.netcom.com

Thanks again for the ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpbride
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2007 11:54:37 AM »

Great work and Congratulations. Your work has inspired me! I'm getting married in two months and I wondering if I can use your camera on the table idea and the poem for your guest book! I love it!!! Way to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
textbookcase
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2007 10:46:06 AM »

Amazing! You had a beautiful wedding and lots of great ideas, I love all of it. Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbs770
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2007 08:18:07 PM »

Wow beautiful!! I love your designs! Thanks for mentioning the Scriptina font - I've already downloaded it! Also I love your use of vellum on the candles and votives. It looks so sophisticated against the glass.

Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stringofpearls
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2009 07:31:34 PM »

Your guest book is beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Important ingredients for Chinese cooking
Learn about basic Chinese cooking equipment
Art of Chinese Cooking - Food Basics Part 2 of 8
Art of Chinese Cooking - Food Basics Part 1 of 8
How to Make a Sushi Roll
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...