A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
739 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: El Paso  (Read 6812 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010 03:58:06 PM »

wow this post has been going for like 5 years lol

im pretty new in ep still. i ahev always been crafty but have recently become obsesed with leraning more and perfecting any talents i have. seeing as how most of these responses were over a year or more ago, maybe someone can update where to get good crafty things cheap. walmart has minimized craft sections  Embarrassed please fill me in on where to get supplies that are good but cheap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ewright607
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010 08:02:05 AM »

Yeah, the Walmarts have all gotten rid of their fabric except over in the Northeast on Transmountain, although the others occasionally have a "fabric roadshow" where they bring a few in, so keep your eye out. A couple also have prepackaged 2 yard cuts of different fabrics. Hobby Lobby and Joann are both alright. My favorite, though, is La Chiquita downtown, on Mesa inbetween Overland and Paisano. A little disorganized, but SUPER cheap, and worth the digging! And every time I've been there have been people able to speak English to me, which in El Paso is a plus. Smiley There is also another fabric store I've heard really good things about called Telas de Rio Bravo on El Paso St. between Overland and Paisano, just a couple blocks south of La Chiquita. Haven't gotten a chance to go, but driving by it looked very promising. Hope that's helpful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aprettymess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010 08:20:51 PM »

hahaha yea you are not kidding when you mention how hard it is to find english speakers. thanks for the updates  Grin i am excited to check em out. i have been spending lotsa time at joann but havent hit up hobby lobby or michaels much. i ahve mainly been trying to hone in on my sewing and develop that talent so super cheap fabric will be awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ewright607
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010 12:47:45 AM »

Yeah, I'm in the same boat so finding the cheap fabric was a great deal for me. Also, it's worth it to look in the Goodwills every so often, I've found quite a few pieces of good fabric there for cheap too. It's usually rolled up and in the metal baskets on top of the clothes racks, rather than hanging yardage, but if you look closely you can usually find some...Also, if you like doing clothing recons and stuff, the cheapest thrift store is called Next to Nuevo, in Central El Paso on Chelsea inbetween Montana and Trowbridge, I think. Plus, it supports the Center Against Family Violence, so it's always good to know your money is going to a good cause. There's also another awesome thrift store on Alameda at Little Flower in the Valley called the Family Thrift Center. I've done quite a bit of searching around for this type of thing, so hopefully it's helpful, depending on what part of town you're in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aprettymess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010 10:00:09 AM »

i know where both of those thrift shops are... i am so excited now! thanks a million!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011 10:23:08 AM »

i went to la chiquita today  Grin i liked it... your not kidding bout being disorganized but great prices!

also the walmart by the border crossing on americas has a fabric section still  Cool i found some 5yd bolts on sale for $3 for the whole thing... awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wise
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011 12:41:03 PM »

I'm looking to start a social group for women who:
1) Enjoy expressing themselves through creativity.
2) Enjoy exploring, learning and sharing ideas.
3) Enjoy socializing with other women and are looking to meet new people.

Interests and Hobbies:
- Painting
- DIY Home Decor
- Sewing
- Knitting / Crocheting
- Variety of Arts & Crafts
- Refurbishing "trash" to "treasures"
- Drawing / Sketching
- Cooking / Baking

I envision:
- Meeting at a public place to start off with in order to get to know each other and discuss ideas of where we want to take this group and all of the current interests.
- Further meetings at homes, public places, parks, places of business...all depends on the day/idea.
- Having a great time!
- Not spending a lot of money by finding creative ways to do what we love.

I'm just testing the waters, so it may start very small.

I've found a lot of El Paso's CL ads to be scam, fraud or creepy; so email with a brief description of your hobbies and what you want to get out of this group.
Facebook, chats, emails and photos will follow in order to protect us all.

I look forward to meeting you!  account.ew@gmail.com

Thanks! Erin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to hear from you for any cool ideas or fun crafty stuff around El Paso, TX.  Feel free to email at account.ew.com (please title it "Craftster").
aprettymess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2011 12:09:39 PM »

hey ep craftsters... first off... walmart on gateway and yarbrough is selling fabric by the yard again yay!

second... anyone gonna have a booth or go to art in the park in sept?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mega54
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013 11:25:21 AM »

It is 2013. Are there crafters in El paso who would like to connectwith each otheR? Peerhaps do swaps or trades. Inspiration, Information, Fun?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
After Effects Tutorial - Making a Space Explosion
3DS Max 9 Tutorial - Creating a Sky
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.7
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...