A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
843 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: romantic anniversary dinner  (Read 619 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

catatonicecstasy
« on: July 15, 2006 10:07:06 AM »

Two month anniersary is coming up in early August...i want to make him a special dinner to celebrate, and I'm stuck on ideas.I already asked him what his fav. food is, and he has no idea...He knows I'm making him dinner, but he doesn't know what, and has very little imput. He's not that picky when it comes to food, there is very little he doesn't eat.
I need something that cheap, and easy and doesn't take too long to make. I'm only 17, and do not have a whole lot of money, and I'm definitly not the worlds greatest cook, or in the top 200 probably.
I have everything planned out of what I'm going to do, and what I'm making him, gift wise, though when it comes to the actual meal, I'm clueless.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezzyloo
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006 11:22:30 AM »

Pasta is a good start. There are so many different types, so many sauces, so many sides... You just prep the noodles according to the box in one pot and take care of the sauce in another pot.
If you live in the states, you can find lots of different sauce mixes by Knorr. My favorite is the Parmarosa. And if you're good with preparing chicken, you could put that on the sauce too.

The only thing I can say though about what I've learned from preparing pasta stuff for my bf, don't forget the cheese!

And this is completely separate, but I know a cute idea for second anniversaries is to do a 2 theme. 2 flowers on the table, 2 types of dessert, things like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catatonicecstasy
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006 11:26:32 AM »

Pasta is definitly a possibility. I know he likes that, and I love it as well. And I can make pasta. Smiley

Do you have any suggestions for the sauce, something romantic, besides the Parmarosa, just to get a few more ideas.

And the 2 theme is such a cute idea. I think I may do that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezzyloo
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006 12:08:39 PM »

check this page out... it has all of knorr's pasta sauces and their ingredients:
http://www.us.knorr.com/products.asp?brand=1&group=5&pid=3&nav=11
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Berry Apple
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006 02:20:43 PM »

For starter cut a grapefruit in half, sprinkle on brown sugar, stick under the grill until the sugar has caremelised.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sweetttart3

Tea and Cake or Death

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006 06:50:22 AM »

If you have a grill- make it your best friend. You could grill chicken to go with your pasta. It's not that hard to grill and chicken can be pretty cheap. Then all you need would be some cookies from the bakery or a Jello no-bake Cheesecake for dessert. Then you can get down to enjoying your anniversary.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn the man, Save the Empire!

http://www.wists.com/Sweetttart3

I wanna personal swap!
Bunny of DOOM!
Plastic Dinosaurs are my life.

Rawr.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006 01:21:53 AM »

Penne Carbonara

Now this is my absolute FAVOURITE. Sooo yummy and fattening! I make it absolutely every chance i get. It's pretty much a fettucine kind of sauce, but altered to my tastes and it's SO much nicer with Penne. You can add cooked diced chicken at the end too if you like. Let me know if you make it and how it goes! Very easy, and you really can't stuff it up!

250 grams Penne
2 Teaspoon Marg
1 diced Bacon Rasher
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
3 Diced Mushrooms
1 Egg
1 Cup Thickened Cream
1/2 Cup Grated Cheese
1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
1 Teaspoon Mixed Herbs

Fill a large Saucepan 3/4 full with salted water and bring to the boil. Add pasta to the water and add 1 Teaspoon of oil to prevent pasta sticking. Cook Pasta for 15 mins or until Al Dente, stirring occasionally. Melt Marg in a medium saucepan. On a low heat, fry bacon and garlic. Add mushrooms and saute for about 2 mins. Beat egg in a large bowl, add cream, cheese, parmesan, herbs, salt and pepper. Drain pasta, place back in saucepan, immediately add cooked bacon mixture and egg mixture. Cook on low for 2-3 minutes until cheese all melted and slightly thickened. Then scoff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006 01:58:23 PM »

Chicken thighs cooked in butter over medium-high heat; add some parsley and thyme, salt and pepper. When they're cooked through, add some honey and pecans. Can't get any better than that! Roast some asparagus with olive oil and lemon pepper (put them in a 400 degree oven for about 15 mins). Sometimes simple is best. Nice crusty bread and, yes, more butter!

Dessert - cut a pear in half, simmer the halves in shallow water with a good splash of wine, cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg, and serve drizzled with chocolate sauce.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jerry Saltz Shows His Favorite Paintings
Andy Warhol: The Last Decade Exhibit Tour
Paints On Ceiling
Chains
An Olympic Athlete Who Is Also an Artist
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...