A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
329 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafts for Blythe, BJDs and other non-toy toys?  (Read 20213 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007 05:22:01 PM »

Yes, we do!!  The creativity I've seen to date for Blythe and BJD related crafts has been amazing!! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2016
tarteaucitron
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2007 05:58:56 AM »

I only started collecting Blythe's and Pullips this year and i would love to have somewhere to share all the little things i make and get input from fellow craftster's. Please can we have our own board!

Pixel agrees

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008 08:34:19 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2007 07:57:22 AM »

Wow cute girls!! Star217 and tarteaucitron I had no idea you were into Blythe too.  What a small world!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knit_north
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2007 08:00:08 AM »

Wouldn't it be great if we had a board for Crafts for Blythe, BJDs and other non-toy toys.
There are (i think) a lot of craftsters who sew, knit, crochet, craft, make wee clothes, accessories, houses.... etc  for our dolls. These awesome crafts don't fit into existing boards, exactly.  to quote ConcreteJungler:
I would love to be able to see what people are doing for their dollies all at one go instead of running across them accidentally. Please?

here is my blythe Hanks to plead her case:

hanks has a DYI dye job (yay for RIT dye), handmade top and denim skirt, custom foiled eyechips and yes here she is knitting for another doll [see what i mean - which board does she fit on?]

my dollies have totally inspired me to craft more and different things - from designing sweaters to crafting felt pets for them. (maybe it is the same for you - have a picture of crafting you've done for your dolls?)

so what do you think?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nikkisixx666
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2007 08:45:12 AM »

oooh, good idea! 

It'd be a great place also to discuss where to find and how to make all sorts of minature, dolly sized items like buttons and belts, etc.

And just for some eye candy, here's a picture of my momoko wearing a dress I made for her:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillaxlight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2007 09:04:11 AM »

Blythes actually are toys, though. You may not play with them, and they're rather expensive to be given to a child to play with, but they are, in fact, dolls, and thus toys. I'm sure they can be posted on the toys section. If you're sewing clothing for them, the clothing can be posted on the clothing board. If you crocheted a mini amigurumi stuffie for them, it an be posted on the crochet board.

Everything you could make for a blythe already has a place on Craftster. I know theres a woman who recons Kelly dolls on here (sorry, I cant remember her username) and she posts them on the toys board. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
kategirl

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2007 09:08:37 AM »

I agree, they would be considered to be a type of toy and can go on the toy board.

in order to allow for people to easily find all posts about Blythes, BJDs, etc, just put "Blythe" (or the appropriate label) somewhere in the title.  that way searching for "Blythe" will turn up all the threads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KeenBean
SappyMooseTree

Oh mah glob

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2007 09:21:52 AM »

aw! A forum specifically for these dolls would have been cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mandy
groschveux
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2007 09:42:31 AM »

Blythes actually are toys, though. You may not play with them, and they're rather expensive to be given to a child to play with, but they are, in fact, dolls, and thus toys. I'm sure they can be posted on the toys section. If you're sewing clothing for them, the clothing can be posted on the clothing board. If you crocheted a mini amigurumi stuffie for them, it an be posted on the crochet board.

Everything you could make for a blythe already has a place on Craftster. I know theres a woman who recons Kelly dolls on here (sorry, I cant remember her username) and she posts them on the toys board. Cheesy

This means that you would have to look through 3 different boards (toys, clothing and crochet) to maybe find what you are looking for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2007 09:43:54 AM »

Too bad, it'd be nice if I didn't have to browse so many different categories, or do a search to find Blythe crafts specifically... I was looking forward to one convienent folder for them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Super Bowl Party Chicken Wings Recipe
Cooking With Rich Future Pizza Recipe
Super Bowl Party Food - Part 2 of 2
Super Bowl Party Food - Part 1 of 2
Spicy Guacamole
Latest Blog Articles
May 4, 2016 Featured Projects
I propose a toast!
Tute Tuesday: Plastic Mesh Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...