A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafts for Blythe, BJDs and other non-toy toys?  (Read 15883 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ConcreteJungler
« on: July 14, 2006 11:34:30 PM »

I know there are some of us who are obsessed with our dollies and build them wee houses and clothes but these crafts don't fit into the parent boards, exactly.  There's been two "We Love Our Blythes" swaps and some clothing made for them posted here and there.  After goggling at the gorgeous bikini Bolyen made for her 60 cm, the topic of a separate board came up and I liked it.  Dangnabit, I liked it a lot.

I would love to be able to see what people are doing for their dollies all at one go instead of running across them accidentally.  Please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
boleyn

Queen Anne Lackhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006 07:42:59 PM »

I'm seconding this!!! I really love making things for my BJDs; everything from clothing and jewelry to furniture!! But I don't really know where to put it on the board. It doesn't really feel appropriate to put them in toys, because they aren't really toys to me. So, pleeeeeease?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ConcreteJungler
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006 01:11:03 PM »

I dream of this everyday, really I do, mostly to see what other people have made to give me inspiration and sources!  Come on, Leah, pretty pretty please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tofuttibreak
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006 01:34:09 PM »

I third!
I need major help with the whole Blythe-clothes-handsewing-thing. My attempts have been futile.
And I would love to see all of the great customizations in progress. I'm trying to decide about haircuts right now and could use some inspiration. I know you can go to the TIB forums, but it would be nice to see only craft/mod related posts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlontheleft
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006 08:00:53 PM »

I... uh... fourth this? The Toys boards right now seem to be mostly about making your own DIY dolls and stuffy plushie type toys, but customizing and making goodies for collectible dolls is a totally different subject and doesn't seem to fit in there very well. I've seen doll clothing threads pop up in the Toys, Sewing, Crocheting and even Quilting boards... it seems like it would be a good idea to have a single place for it all.

Besides, I think it would be a great place for people who work on different styles and sizes of dolls to compare notes and learn from each other on common ground. There are tons of doll forums out there, and a lot of them have very active crafting communities (I'm sure lots of those people are on Craftster already!), but most boards specialize in just one type of doll and there's not always a lot of cross-pollination.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006 08:42:57 PM »

That would be so cool to have a board for that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Lizzie
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006 01:55:37 PM »

I agree. I've been wanting to get into Blythe/BJD's, and it'd be nice to have one direct board to go to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I know a mouse, and he hasn't got a house. I don't know why. I call him Gerald. He's getting rather old, but he's a good mouse."
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006 05:02:50 PM »

I dont own a Blythe doll but ive got somehting rather simmlar. I would love to have a place to share my projects and find others. Mabey this could also include collecter doll houses? I have one ive been working on for years but i dont feel right putting it in toys, NO ONE and I mean no one plays with it or they ........ learn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
ConcreteJungler
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006 05:29:31 PM »

Mabey this could also include collecter doll houses? I have one ive been working on for years but i dont feel right putting it in toys, NO ONE and I mean no one plays with it or they ........ learn

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Shocked  I want to see this!  I LOVE dollhouses!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006 05:35:41 PM »

ive worked on it forever and still dont like it.  I would love advice on how to make the funiture better, Right now ive  got some really crappy stuff from the craft store that i made myself. Its time for some new work.  Ever seen this site http://www.printmini.com/ Its mini printables for a doll house. I made the trunk on cardstock and it works great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Your Hair with Rollers
How to Blow-Dry Short Hair
How to Style a Bob
Thick Hair 101
Styling Tips for Fine Hair
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...