A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,569
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: question about pattern  (Read 195 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

everything_is_free
« on: July 12, 2006 09:02:29 AM »

i'm making a turkish string bag, and i'm caught up on a small part of the pattern.
here's the link: http://tiajudy.com/stringbag.htm

I've made the bottom of the bag and it's time to pick up the stitches on the side.

the question relates to these directions: "Continuing from the corner where the final row finishes, pick up and knit 15 stitches along each of the other three sides of the square (total 60 stitches)."

Do I pick up one stitch, knit it, pick up another stitch, knit it, etc. Or, do i pick up all of the stitches around and then knit them around one time?

thanks in advance, i'll try to post pics when i'm done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now, my story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say "dickety" 'cause the Kaiser had stolen our word "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles
xamonster

"Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006 09:14:12 AM »

When I did mine, I think I picked them up in the knit fashion (rather than purlwise) and went on from there. That was a couple of months ago, though, and I don't really recall.

This bag stretches out and is so lace-like anyway, so as long as you're consistent with what you do, I don't think it would matter much. As long as you end with those 60 sts, you're good to go.

As an aside, what sort of yarn are you working with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I brought you flours."

Check out my blog and my wist!
everything_is_free
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006 09:30:21 AM »

thanks for advice. i figured it wouldn't matter much, but i hate to mess up and have to backtrack.

i'm using sugar and cream cotton. i've had it forever and i'm bad at saving labels so i'm not sure of the color name, but it's a bright turqoise. i'm not sure how many balls it will take, but i only have two so hopefully that's enough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now, my story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say "dickety" 'cause the Kaiser had stolen our word "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles
xamonster

"Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006 09:47:36 AM »

i'm using sugar and cream cotton. i've had it forever and i'm bad at saving labels so i'm not sure of the color name, but it's a bright turqoise. i'm not sure how many balls it will take, but i only have two so hopefully that's enough!

You could always find a co-ordinating color and make stripes, just in case. I don't remember how much yarn I ended up using I had some leftover skeins of acrylic that I used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I brought you flours."

Check out my blog and my wist!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Throw a Large Bowl - pt 1 - Throwing
How to Begin Pottery Making - Glass and Clay - The Aftermath
How to Create a Marble Effect by Using Different Clays
How to Decorate Pottery with a Slip and Shredded Paper
How to Begin Pottery Making - Glass and Clay - The Aftermath 2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...