A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 172
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The random RESIN question thread!  (Read 373475 times)
Tags for this thread: resin , mold , catalyst , resin_problems  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #980 on: July 31, 2008 03:25:57 AM »

i will test this stuff out, if its the same kinda stuff they used to fix my dad's chipped windshield, its prolly fine! i would love to find a cheaper resin (16 oz is like 17 bux, and when i use a coupon its still almost 10, next time i think im just gonna buy the bigger one)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
DIY ho
ho ho ho

I'm a total Dean girl. I mean, YUM.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #981 on: July 31, 2008 09:32:58 AM »

okay I have read all 98 pages of this thread and I still have a question? I live in a very small town, I spent all day saterday looking for resin and the only type I could find was from walmarts, I want to make jewelry with it, it is made by bondo a automotive resin, fiberglass resin with hardener, household, marine, automotive, will this work, should i buy or should i not, it was only 10.97 for a 32 oz bottle.. please any advice!!!

I have no advice, except to reiterate the battle cry of craftsters everywhere: GO FOR IT!  Tongue Wink Cheesy

Try it, follow the directions, and let us know how it goes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoli4071
« Reply #982 on: July 31, 2008 10:17:02 AM »

so i love resin and i'm so hooked. but i ran out of catalyst and i ordered some but dont know when it's coming. is there any where else that sells it while i wait? we dont have a michaels in this small town. but they are in the process of building one!  Grin i was thinking maybe home depot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET THEM EAT CAKE!
*lguernsey*
« Reply #983 on: July 31, 2008 02:44:01 PM »

thank you, I will just have to try it, I found it in the automotive section, by the little bottles of paint for fixing paint chips, and they had extra packs of hardener you could buy seperate too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live, Love, and laugh often..
http://deepseasparkle.blogspot.com/
*lguernsey*
« Reply #984 on: August 02, 2008 06:24:32 PM »

okay I tried the automotive resin last night, well this was the first time I have ever used resin, it set up quickly I made 4 oz and half of it was gelled before i could pour it, but it did work, it was a light reddish brown color when mixing and the final product is the same I tried to embed some pics and you cant see them, but it had no tackness this morning and is hard as a rock, I thought i might try to paint them to see what they look like then or put a touch of paint to it as mixing to see what happens, but I still wish they were clear.I am going to try to post pics for ya all...oh it came out of the molds super easy, I did spray them with pam, turned them over and out they fell..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeneration pink
« Reply #985 on: August 02, 2008 06:40:03 PM »

lguernsey, i cant wait to see how your experiment went!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*lguernsey*
« Reply #986 on: August 02, 2008 07:14:01 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=146282 try this link, let me knoe if it doesn't work please...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008 07:19:10 PM by *lguernsey* » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeneration pink
« Reply #987 on: August 02, 2008 07:36:08 PM »

I can see them. They are neato, I know you wished they were clear, but I like the caramel color. That's neat that you found something in the automotive department, that u can use for neat crafty stuff. Love your shapes as well:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xx_Kellybean
« Reply #988 on: August 03, 2008 05:56:27 AM »

i work at wal-mart and the other night i was stocking that stuff in automotive and thinking to myself "wow..wonder if this works for jewelry!" and i guess i just got my answer Smiley

i might have read this wrong... but did you say that you were going to try and paint over them? If you do, please let me know how that goes for you. I might just have to go try that myself Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*lguernsey*
« Reply #989 on: August 03, 2008 07:29:31 AM »

I will post as soon as I get them painted, k, they also had some automotive resin that said glass in the title I think I am goin to try it next, my walmart had 3 different automotive resins, they are pretty cheap and all I can find here so I am hopeful one will be clear...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 172 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Fashion DIY - Hat
Paper Cut Music Video
The Crafty Chica Interview
How to Use Natural Fabric Dye
Hand Sewing a Blind Skirt Hem
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Star Chandelier
May 4, 2016 Featured Projects
I propose a toast!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...