A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,075
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 172
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The random RESIN question thread!  (Read 302527 times)
Tags for this thread: resin , mold , catalyst , resin_problems  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

infiniteink

I have a formal degree in "Magpie"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #640 on: January 28, 2008 03:10:11 PM »

whaaaa still waiting for my new moulds!! It has been nearly a week since I ordered them.  Shocked

This weekend I played with picture images . I used some awesome old portrait images from victorian ephemeria (SP) . They looked really good. I printed them onto photo paper and didn't seal them or anything. I would love to find some really cool tattoo themed designs to put on photo paper. I found some cool tattoo themed fabric sample images .. any ideas would be appreciated.

The "floating " thing can be a real pain. Had issues with a sealed shell last night. Just had to pe patient and wait for the resin to go off and hold it with a toothpick.

Anyone have an idea of what cutting and polishing compounds are best. I had a couple of small marks happen along the edge of a couple of pendants. My fault really as I was too impatient to give it the time it needed to set. I have sanded them out with very fine nail files and finishing sandpaper. I used car cutting and polishing compound but it is still a little dull. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #641 on: January 28, 2008 03:35:10 PM »

i know what that's like, infiniteink. I ordered molds and resin off of a website about two weeks ago, and it has yet to come. I'm thinking about sending the company an email soon. I don't mind waiting, I just want to make sure I didn't just waste $50.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #642 on: January 29, 2008 10:49:12 AM »

i got my new molds today!! i'm painting my kitchen, so i got cabinet pulls, OVALS AND RECTANGLES, and bangles, which are not for the kitchen, since my bangle molds i made hated me! (the bracelets flex when warm) i'm so excited to finish the kitchen painting, cause the cabinet doors are removed and they need to go up and show off new handles SOON! i ordered from resin obsessions, i think it took about a week, including the weekend. not too bad... and she offered help if i ever needed it, something no-one at michaels ever does!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chica grande mas bonita
« Reply #643 on: January 29, 2008 10:56:10 AM »

ammasmama, cant wait to see what you crank out-- I bought some bangle molds, and alas, they are tooooo tiny to fit anyone. sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hello color!
« Reply #644 on: January 29, 2008 08:31:35 PM »

ammasmama, cant wait to see what you crank out-- I bought some bangle molds, and alas, they are tooooo tiny to fit anyone. sigh.

Really? What's the inner diameter? I'm just curious because I have the only two that I've seen sold, and they both fit me fine. I'm 5'9"-ish and my hands are by no means small. I find around 2.5" to be a good size. I don't think I have any bracelets that are 2.25", but would probably also be doable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chica grande mas bonita
« Reply #645 on: January 30, 2008 05:03:45 AM »

Really? What's the inner diameter? I'm just curious because I have the only two that I've seen sold, and they both fit me fine. I'm 5'9"-ish and my hands are by no means small. I find around 2.5" to be a good size. I don't think I have any bracelets that are 2.25", but would probably also be doable.
I will have to look, there are two that I got and one is extra tiny and the other is just a little tiny. I am 5'10" and kind of have man hands, but have been able to wear commercially made bangles.  I will let you know when I find out how big mine are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dolfynbead

my kid wants to go back to the beach! me too!

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 30, 2008 02:47:39 PM »

Where do you get bangle molds? I want!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #647 on: January 31, 2008 03:33:19 PM »

Where do you get bangle molds? I want!!

i got mine on ebay, but they have them on sherri habbs site too.

and i know there are different sizes sold on some sites, but small ones will work for kids if they really are that small!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bettyxbrown
« Reply #648 on: February 01, 2008 03:23:01 PM »

a couple of questions for all of y'all, having read this entire thread (wow)...

has anyone here used the dremel-type 'wizard' handheld tool made by black&decker?  there's one i'm thinking about buying off of craigslist, but i'd like some reviews first...and if anyone knows if the attachments are interchangeable between the two brands, i'd love that...

also, regarding 'envirotex lite'--is it suitable for reverse casting?  i've been looking  into getting into resin casting for a while now, as well as finding a thick gloss coating for large scale paintings.  someone recommended envirotex for the glaze, and then i saw it mentioned somewhere in this thread--i'd love it if i could use the same product for both jewelrymaking and coating paintings!

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bettyxbrown
« Reply #649 on: February 01, 2008 03:24:17 PM »

PS--this site is such a crazy amazing resource, it blows me away all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 172 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David Woods Talks About Underdawgs
The Black Farmer Book Trailer
Ruth Graham Reveals Her Motto
Kaza Kingsley Talks About Erec Rex
Lisa McMann Talks About Fade
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...