A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Why is this so bad?  (Read 3238 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006 02:22:31 PM »

When I told my boyfriend that I saved a dresser from the dumpster and planned to repaint it, he told me, very slowly and deliberately, "You know you're one step away from becoming a crazy cat lady, right?" 

I figure there's worse things I could grow up to be  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
rhiandmoi
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006 02:31:14 PM »

The problem is if you become so absorbed in a solitary hobby that you fail to go out, meet people and socialize regularly. If you chose to be alone with cats knitting because that is what you prefer that is completely different from ending up like that because you have systematically isolated yourself from the outside world and even if you wanted to go out into the world again you wouldn't know how.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neko neko kitty
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006 05:37:50 PM »

TheDishclothQueen: Wait! That's "crazy cat lady" criteria? Oops... xD I do that kinda stuff all the time saves money and you get something spiffy.

rhiandmoi:I'm guessing he thought I'd cut myself off and not know what to do, but I love being around people so I'd never do that, but whatever
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tejer
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006 08:09:42 PM »

What's the male equivalent of a crazy cat lady?

A guy who secretly builds bombs from fertilizer in his barn?

A guy who stays home and calls 800 numbers every night forming fake relationships with psychic friends and 1-800 hot chicks?

A guy who meets people at nightclubs, seduces them at his house and later buries them in his backyard?

There are stereotypes for people all over the place-that doesn't mean that people actually fit into them or are limited to them. You should have told him that in 20 years you see him as being an old man who sits around with his hand in his pants with nothing interesting or original to say, just repeating stereotypes that have been made up by other people.

At least knitting is creative and taking care of cats is loving. It's better than being close-minded and uncreative like his comment suggests he is.

But if he is young like you it sounds to me like he is just immature for his age so I guess we should cut him a little slack. Maybe give him a knitted man in his undies with a beer as a gag gift and tell him that you are both well on your way to becoming crazy old people stereotypes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

neko neko kitty
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006 08:48:48 PM »

That would be funny to knit up... I think I shall do that just for laughs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gestalta_Sara
Queen Two Shakes and a Shimmy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006 08:59:06 PM »

nope, nothing wrong with knitting and owning cats.  Grin  I love my cats and I plan to keep having cats for th rest of my life.

I would also like to own a knitting store.  How does one go about doing that?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neko neko kitty
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006 09:12:10 PM »

I don't know how yet, but I will... oh how I will! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! (sorry in one of those moods)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sandraregina

Knewbie knitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006 06:19:09 AM »

I was reminded last night by a friend of mine that her sister's ambition as a young lass was to grow up and 'be that crazy old cat lady on the corner that swears at kids and shakes her fist at people'.   Grin

See, for some people its a life dream!!

(Ok, so she was joking. Point is, is that its fun to carve your own path. Different is good).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got knitting needles, and I'm not afraid to use them.

This year I'm doing the 'Na-No' again: www.nanowrimo.org
30 days + 50,000 words + No sleep + Too much caffeine = One Novel in One Month.
carriel1975
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006 06:28:22 AM »

Do you know what, if I die an old lady, surrounded by my knitting & my cats, then i'd be pretty happy with that  Grin

I'm 31 now, married, two kids, 3 cats & a brand new litter on 5 days old kittens  & I spend most evenings knitting or stitching & I LOVE IT!

I love your dream of having a yarn shop, I would love so much to have a craft shop, I could play all day.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diosaperdida
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006 06:29:33 AM »

You know..people like that dont really catch on to the wonder that you have MADE something..with your own two hands, you made it.
I sometimes journey into others minds and by my own imagination I see theirs as very limited. They cant see anything more than stereotypes and endless process...they dont get the joy of having made something themselves because their brains dont go that far.

Number 5001 that my fiance is my hero: he sees the things I make as some kind of wonderful magic.
This is almost as good as reason number 49: When the dog gets sick in the car, he cleans it up.

Maybe you need to get friends that are as talented and creative as you are? And in the meantime...cats make super friends..except for that thing with trying to play with/steal your yarn and needles.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do an Easy Updo Hair Style
How to Syle Your Hair Quickly
How to Blow Dry Bangs
How to Create Tight Curls With a Hair Straightener
How to Get Wavy Hair with a Curling Iron
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...