A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ballet Camisole  (Read 5959 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

curlymo
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006 10:16:09 AM »

It's been a while since I checked back in, because, like kitty824, I was a little disappointed with how mine turned out.  It isn't too big, but the scoop neck is uncomfortably low and the increase-decrease deal on the sleeves makes my shoulders look funny.  I blocked it and feel like it has potential, so sometime soon (maybe tonight) I'll be unpicking my kitchener stitches at the straps and messing around to adjust the width and length of the straps.  Then I'll almost done!

I look forward to hearing more about everyone's progress.  And kitty824, you may want to try throwing yours in the washer and dryer and see if the proportions come out better. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chaotic
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006 08:37:29 PM »

hi, all!

curlymo and kitty824... thanks for the kind comments!  the yarn that i am using is from frog tree ... i ordered a bunch from webs.  the color is #850 (no name ... it's purple) - it is 85% pima cotton, 15% silk and rated "sport weight" at 155 yd/50g skein.  for this project, i used size 6 needles.

i haven't posted, lately, because i somehow managed to infect my computer with another insidious spyware program(s) ... it took me forever to rid my system of the last infection about a year ago, and i can't seem to find the cure for this one!  i brought my laptop home from work and by some miracle got the wireless card to work, so i am in luck, tonight!

i completed my camisole up through the finishing aspects (still need to crochet edges, weave in ends and block) yesterday.  i tried it on and sadly have the problem where the front is way too low for my liking!  i am not busty, so i do intend to include the gathering (that's really what attracted me to this design in the first place!) ... but in order for me to wear it, i need to frog a few rows from the front straps ... *sigh* ... i am soooooooooooooooooooo ready to start a new project!  i think this one took me 4 weeks to get to this point!  i made SEVERAL mistakes along the way - i got so frustrated one day, that i was yelling at it and throwing my needles/crochet hooks across the room!  psycho!!!!!!!!!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ceedah
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006 11:34:50 PM »

I finished mine, though I still might try to add sleeves (dunno if it's too late).

I was lucky -- even though I wasn't getting gauge, it ended up fitting perfectly. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cnp71201
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2006 09:15:08 AM »

Beautiful! I think you could still easily add sleeves if you want to... but you look great in the top sleeveless.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
bijou_raoul
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2006 09:23:08 AM »

I think it looks nice the way it is, but if you wanted to add sleeves you could do it pretty easily by picking up stitches around the armholes.  That's what I'm planning on doing with mine but I haven't even started on it yet.  Nice work!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitty824
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2006 08:17:22 PM »

beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
curlymo
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2006 10:46:26 AM »

ceedah - that looks so great!  Seeing a pretty fo is always great motivation. 

I'm almost done with my adjustments, so I hope to do the finishing tonight and have a pic tomorrow.  Hopefully.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ceedah
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2006 01:07:12 PM »

Yay, thanks, guys.  Smiley I like how it fits without sleeves, too.. but since I used wool, it seems like it would be much more practical if it had sleeves. We shall see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chaotic
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2006 08:08:45 PM »

FABULOUS, ceedah - it looks great on you!

were you thinking to add long or short sleeves?  i was picturing the camisole with flutter/cap sleeves (in a slightly open stitch pattern) while i was working on mine... but i wouldn't know how to do that (unless i did it in crochet, but i was really in this so i could get the hang of knitting)

great job! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
caramelo

Knitting soothes me...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2006 07:28:36 AM »

It looks really nice  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Recycle Wrapping Paper into a Fan
How to Make a Pom Pom Desk Topper
How to Make a Paper Lantern
How to Make a Craft Flying Bird
How to Make Your Own Valentine Cards
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...