A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My labor of love, my trial and (mostly) error...  (Read 4308 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

justforme
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006 03:29:53 AM »

That quilt is beautiful. The colors look so well together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. -Indian saying.

True regret is not what you've done but what you have not done.
internette
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006 06:22:34 AM »

I think you did a sensational job, Love the fabrics as well, I was spying some amy butler prints it looked like and drooling. I admire it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovepaper
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006 10:35:31 AM »

Ilovepaper,

Beautiful, just beautiful. Someone told me once when I first started quilting that if you cant see the mistakes from a mile away on a fast horse you shouldn't worry about it, and girl I don't see a thing wrong with that beauty. Next time you quilt free motion, try wearing a pair of garden gloves with the little bumps on the palms. It helps keep the fabric from slipping. I always wear mine when quilting by machine. The more you practice the better you will get.

Great job, be very proud.

I love that! Thanks.

Thank you to everyone else , I really appreciate the kind words.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006 09:02:21 PM »

Fantastic job - I love the colors you used.  By hand, that amazes me as I don't have the patience for it.

I made a quilt last year following a pattern (which is rare for me) and it was made up of lots of pinwheels - the creator of the pattern said not to spend too much time rearranging the squares as it's frustrating and no matter how long you spend, you will still not like something when you are finished.  I spent quite a bit of time rearranging mine (didn't listen too well) and when I was done, I found something I would have changed.  But, you know what, no one else noticed - we are our own harshest critics!

Keep up the fantastic work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bixby2
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006 12:15:53 PM »

those are some of the most luxurious looking fabrics I have seen, and they work so well together!  Keep up the great work  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Electric Sheep Fibers!  http://amysbabies.etsy.com

My Blog
http://amysbabies.wordpress.com/
bananabanana
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007 04:28:47 AM »

I really like your new groovy quilt for your daughter,
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=118063.0, and i came across this one too. I love it! Can you explain how you chose to put the colours together in this way? Was there a rule that you followed or did it just look right when you mixed them around?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommysaurusrex
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007 08:18:40 AM »

Great job...and fantastic colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovepaper
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2007 05:23:47 AM »

Thanks for the nice words!
Bananabanana- First, I grouped the squares in fours of like colors. Then I spent an entire day fooling around with them until I like it. If you look at the quilt, it ended up going in somewhat of a spiral started at lightest in the center, ending with the darkest on the edges. I hope that explains it. Looking back, this was an insane way to get into quilting but I love this quilt!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QuiltersBlock

She's the model for the :D emoticon

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2007 10:09:51 AM »

It's a fabulous quilt! I absolutely love the colors and the "style" of it. Thanks for posting the hanging pic, too (I was going to ask for another pic of it! lol)

Thanks for the inspiration!!

QB
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning." -- Capt. Jack Harkness

Personal swaps? Absolutely!
Ana_Ng

There is more to life than increasing its speed.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007 06:00:45 PM »

Your quilt is GORGEOUS!!!  I love it!  You are really good with color.  And don't worry about your mistakes--learn from them.  The French sculptor Rodin once said, "Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely."  My first quilt is completely falling apart now because I had no idea what I was doing.  Each one you make will get better and better.

And just for the benefit of those looking for similar fabrics, you can often find sets of fabric squares on ebay.  I just typed in "fabric squares" on ebay and found a bunch. Here's an example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/72-4-squares-CHEZ-MOI-by-SENTIMENTAL-STUDIOS-for-MODA_W0QQitemZ160146338124QQihZ006QQcategoryZ71201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Five New Orleans Classic Dishes
How to Cook Steak and Cheese Sandwiches
How to Make Chicken and Bacon Roll-Ups
How to Make Open-Faced Pimiento Cheese BLTs
Jonathan Waxman: The Sartorialist For AOL On
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...