A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: displaying jewellry at flea markets?  (Read 2629 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HappyMadison87
« on: August 05, 2004 10:33:44 PM »

I apologise if this has already been asked, but I searched a bit and couldn't find anyone with the same problem I have. I haven't started selling my stuff at a flea market yet, but I plan to and I need some help. There is one flea market that I go to regularly, and in any of the booths that sell jewellry, everything will be tangled up. I remember in particular someone had a basket which had necklaces in it. You can probably imagine what kind of tangled mess the necklaces were in. I'm partricularly worried about my jewellry getting messed up because much of it would appeal to little girls. What I need is a way to keep it all very organised and as mess-up proof as possible. I mostly make stretchy bead bracelets, and earrings. Does anyone have any suggestions?  I was thinking maybe I could hang the bracelets from some sort of pegged board, and display the earrings on those little  cards that department stores use (which reminds me, does anyone know where I can buy those cards?).

Thanks,

Lena
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WendyWears
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004 10:43:00 PM »

Ok, I'm thinking for displaying, you could use some sort of board... wood, I dunno... with nails nailed onto it. I envision a couple boards (propped up like picture frames, maybe even picture frame size, maybe even picture frames!) with the nails on it. I suppose you could spruce that up - paint it all one color or decorate the backboard before you put the 'pegs' in. For myself, I'd think index cards would be sufficient for displaying the earrings. Maybe fold one in half and prop it up that way. Does that make any sense? I'm sorry I don't know where you'd get those earring card dealies you mentioned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Serendipity
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004 11:47:53 AM »

You can buy the earring cards at lots of places, but I got mine from www.thunderbirdsupp ly.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deanali
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004 07:25:09 PM »

You can try www riogrande.com and ask for the Display catalog or you can call them at 1 800 5456566.
I am a manufacturer of jewelery findings and use this company on a weekly basis.
Good luck I think you will find what you are looking for with them.
Deanali.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PaleGemini
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004 10:34:00 AM »

Old screens make a really great display. And they are cheap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.palegemini.com Baltimore Designers Reprazent!
itsmartinitime
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2004 12:51:32 PM »

This doesn't look very glamorous, but you could use like a cork notice board, and pin them on........you could paint it up, make it look pretty. I've seen a few people do it, its especially effective with necklaces.

Just an idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyLea14
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004 01:41:40 PM »

You can try www riogrande.com and ask for the Display catalog or you can call them at 1 800 5456566.
I am a manufacturer of jewelery findings and use this company on a weekly basis.
Good luck I think you will find what you are looking for with them.
Deanali.

The website dos'nt work and ugh..is the number long distance ? Calling from Montreal ? Thank you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heylola
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004 12:36:02 PM »

I use a folding screen to display earrings on.  Rather than buy earring display cards, I put the earrings on my business cards - they make a nice display and it ensures that your customer is taking all of your information home with him/her. I also cover old picture frames in black felt, poke two paperclips through to create  hooks in front and display necklaces on those.  They work great and you actually end up with a pretty nice and organised looking display.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gypsysoul3
PinkBird Creations

take it light, and take flight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004 12:44:50 PM »

this may have already been said...but, i just use posterboard (or card stock, but posterboard is cheaper than a package of cardstock) to display my earrings and necklaces, i cut it into earring card display things (i use sissors w/ a "fancy edge" b/c i can't cut a staight line) and just punch small holes for the earrings w/ a pin. for necklaces, iuse a hole punch. (see picture). you can't see that i used a triange cut scissors b/c i cut the edges out in photoshop. but you get the idea.  It takes up a little more room, but looks good, and they stay untangled! though, i sell most of my stuff on ebay, so it also makes for better looking pictures.

i also love the idea of old screens...

(sorry if this picture is huge)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinkbird.net
uncommon, handmade jewelry, accessories, and wearable art.

on etsy: http://www.pinkbird.etsy.com

Read my blog: http://pinkbirdcreations.blogspot.com/
unsunshine_69
smarter than your average bear

oh no... she's not a secret now

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004 11:11:53 PM »

i make my own little cards with my label and holes for the jewelly, and for tricky items that won't peg through a card, i put a card inside a baggie with a hole in it. then i peg them on corkboard with tacks, and i work at a dollar store, so i've got a few display racks with pegs. i also use velvet covered foam for displaying larger items flat, and just safety pin them to the velvet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i would be lying if i wasn't trying
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eliminate "Back Fat" With the Right Bra
How to Deal With Bra "Spillage"
Picking a Bra to Prevent Sagging
Fashion Social Media Recap: Kerry Washington at the CFDA Fashion Awards
High-Low Hems Are Perfect For Summer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...