A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
343 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i heart my body slimmer  (Read 2577 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

francie pants
« on: July 10, 2006 07:18:18 PM »

i've had this thing for yearrrrsssss.  and only wore it once or twice.  i always thought it made me look weird.  uni'boob and my waist looked bigger .  but recently i put it on when going to a wedding with the inlaws.  i put on this stretchy brown shirt that i hated on me but matched my new wrap skirt.  and wouldn't you know it!!! suddenly, the brown shirt doesn't look frumpy and accentuate my bulges.... it simply fits my curves.  and the wrap skirt that i made up suddenly hangs correctly, instead of the skirt hanging down my butt and the ties way up high on my waist.  and i may be wrong, but i think the added squooshing of the boobs makes them look firmer and a little more bettie page sexy rather than looking like 'jugs.'  so thank you body slimmer... and i'm sorry i left you in the drawer with the other girdle'esque things my mom insisted i own over the years.  underwear...  Roll Eyes  will wonders never cease to amaze this dirty little free ballin' hippie girl.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
boston_gal

"I'm worth a million in prizes."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006 05:22:15 AM »

amen
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diosaperdida
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006 05:23:21 PM »

I am a firm believer in good foundations..I learned the hard way when my bra was the cause of a horrible constant backache.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
mserocks
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006 07:22:38 PM »

what brand is it? I've got two that are on their way out due to being too old and losing their support ... I'm looking for good references for replacements! I've heard spanx is good...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi.

Ok, me too! www.wists.com/mserocks
diosaperdida
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006 07:47:51 PM »

I would recomend something to you but companies have started making underwear seasonal..it's ridiculous! I bought a long line bra from a large retailer and wanted more ( most wonderful bra I ever had..and my back instantly stopped hurting! They charged 50 bucks but it is worth every penny.)

..they didnt have them, explaining they were a seasonal item. Stupid.
So whatever you buy..try it and then if you love it immediately buy more. I waited a couple of months...mistake.

As for Spanx..I have heard they are a light control and people love them.
I have some from Fredricks of Hollywood..the ones with the removable ass cheek pads..they have lasted for two years now. Alot of their stuff is a bit cheaply made..but these have done well. I would recommend going up one size..they are snug. And if you are lucky enough not to have a flat rear like me, then you can just take out the pads and throw them out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
pjbrowne04@yahoo.c
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006 02:30:55 AM »

Spanx are awsome.......some are light control, but some are really heavy duty control. They usually say which is which. And another great thing abut spanx is that somehow they've managed to make them so there's no indentation on the thigh or waist. And if you have stomach problems such as GERD or hiatal hernia, they don't bind the stomach and cause a flare up.

Good luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abeautifullife
La La La La La La live for today.....

I am a perfect specimen.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006 01:09:29 PM »

Smiley I have a light control Spanx and its 'ok'. I'm not thrilled with it. I've worn other types that offer more control but then I feel like I'm wearing a wet suit and my clothes dont feel right on me. Butttttttt...and this is a big but <---haha, I DO believe in wearing a good comfortable foundation bra/body slimmer because it smooths one out.

My biggest peeve about them is the line of demarcation they leave on the thigh if thats the length you choose to wear...if I go longer, I get the wet suit effect...lol. That line of demarcation is worse to me than my thighs protruding in all their splendor from beneath my clothing....lol.

I wore this slinky knit lime green sleeveless dress with black flowered jacket in same fabric out to dinner in Mexico in March and, underneath it all I was all packed in my wet suit,I looked like a million bucks, all curves. I felt gorgeous, but that claustrophobic all encasing wet suit feeling was with me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlkRze
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006 06:13:06 PM »

I've worn almost every brand there is and by far Spanx is my fave. I swear by it and brag so much that every woman I know now has atleast one.

They are ultra comfy and smooth EVERY thing out.The most important thing is to get your correct size.Dont go one size down thinking you will get better control.That's how you wind up with pantyhose that start riding down in the waist.

You must get ATLEAST one and I recommend the Highwaisted High power.It is knee length.

good spanxing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
francie pants
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006 08:37:20 PM »

oprah says she hasn't worn panties in years.  that she's worn spanx every single day since she discovered em.  i must get me some.  i don't know what brand mine is but its hella old.  i think mom got it for me like 8 years ago when she was praying her frumpy hippie daughter would some day look well put together.   Roll Eyes i hate it when she's right.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bollix
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006 08:22:32 PM »

I have <a href="http://www.herroom.com/Spanx-Hide--Sleek-Full-Slip,Spnx01-060,4.html">this slip</a> in an XL (which fits me OK & I usually wear a 16-18).  I like it 'cause it doesn't create a weird roll above my waist like body-slimming panties or control tops do.  Lane Bryant & Avenue have both had versions of this in the past but I can't find anything online. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
True-Crime Writer Carla Norton on Her Fiction Work
Jeanette Walls: What Are You Reading?
Author Explains Why We Should Rip Up Our Dating Wish Lists
The Missing Series by Margaret Haddix
The White Princess by Philippa Gregory
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...