A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Craftster Scavenger Hunt Swap Gallery  (Read 41963 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KungPow

shiny disco balls

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2006 02:51:32 PM »

I received from Aphadon a couple days ago; here are the lovely goodies she sent:

1) Picture Frame, uses items:
-Baby
-Bird
-Flying object
-Photo
-Pinup girl
-Postage stamp
-Touch of black
-Flowers
-Skulls
-Something medical
-Something to do with coca-cola
-Something to do with flamingos
-Something with an orchid
-Black and white photograph

2) Art Card, uses items:
-Something that has to do with an eastern culture
-Something with a word or phrase in a non-English language

3) Magnet set, uses items:
-Flowers
-Something camo
-Something magnetic (duh)
-Yarn

4) Tote Bag, uses items:
-A fruit
-Buttons
-Something purple
-Something soft
-Something that is much smaller than it is in reality
-Something with beads
-Something with complementary colours
-Two colours swirled together
-Wooden bead
-Yarn
-Carabiner

Total Items Used: 29

Thanks so much Aphadon!

The tote bag is perfect, I used it the very same night for my knitting group, and the gals were JEALOUS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2006 02:55:04 PM »

ODL! I just love the "in case of emergency" box!
Everything is fantastic!

heheheheheh thanks! It also has a hockey card, re-used t-shirt with a triangle and rainbow, glass, a lottery ticket, and molding (artech. detail). Making that one was a hoot!

Man!  I've been working... like, really working today!  Haven't been able to Craftster since early this morn Sad  I started shaking and getting chills!

My next favorite item arrived - the bracelet...woohoo!  I love all of the charms and how it jingles so much  Cheesy  I swooned over the other in the gallery & now I have my very own!

Did you know I wanted a quilt?  I added a buncha quilts to my wist, but I think it was just recently.  Everything I mentioned somewhere along the way... ya got me and ya still managed to horribly tramautize the scavenger list!

YEAH!!! I am so glad you like the bracelet. Those skull beads are kind of funky so I figured it could go either way.

I didn't know you wanted a quilt until about two weeks ago, right before my MIL got sick. When I found out I made a couple of more embroidered items while waiting in the hospital so the quilt would be a bit bigger. I also attempted to make sure it was NOT a country quilt since you specifically said you're not a country person.

OK for the big reveal....by my count I used 82 items.  You can be the judge of whether or not they count.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2006 10:25:01 PM »

The skull beads are downright weird!  Of course, that's probably why I like them!  They give a loaded charm bracelet a whole new look... I like it a lot.  Smiley  Justin came home from work & I had fallen asleep.  He said I had a laptop next to me and the charm bracelet lying on my tummy.  lol.  It was a long day Wink

I didn't know you wanted a quilt until about two weeks ago, right before my MIL got sick. When I found out I made a couple of more embroidered items while waiting in the hospital so the quilt would be a bit bigger. I also attempted to make sure it was NOT a country quilt since you specifically said you're not a country person.

See!  That's why I luv ya!  It's a perfect quilt for me (and us!).  When I said, "she made me a quilt!" and his reply was, "oh."  (not very excited boyfriend response)  LOL... I said, "No, no, not gramma's quilt.  It's a funky, embroidered quilt on mod fabric!"  Then he said, "OH!  Wow, that sounds crazy.  Did she know you don't like country stuff or was that a coincidence?"  hehe... Wink  It's a great size, too.  The one living room downstairs is always freezing (split level house) and it's already been claimed to that room.  Smiley

82!  Wowie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2006 08:55:54 AM »

Okay, so penguino said she had 39 items in the necklace.  I found more than that, including:
1. a baby (there's a chick bead, so it's a baby chicken)
11. a necktie (the penguin is wearing a tie!)
12. a paperclip (unless I'm wrong.  The flamingo's legs look like they're made from a paperclip)
33. glass (not the material, but there are glass items depicted--like the lightbulb.  Also, I figured a drinking glass could also count...)
39.  potion (there is a mug full of something!)
45.  something camo (several of the multicolor beads look camo to me)
64.  something that looks like something else (there's a triangular bead with cherries, which--when upside down--look like a face)

So, according to my count, penguino put 46 items from the list in the beaded necklace.  I dare you to dispute my count!

And sorry for thinking the Chinese characters were Japanese.  I've had close friends who spoke Japanese, so I thought I knew a little something.  I guess I was wrong!   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2006 11:58:11 AM »

oooooo Aphadon I LOVE those little crochet flowers! Especially the black and white one! They would make GREAT pins.  You know make a couple in the same color but different shades and wear them all together....oh ya....crafty goodness meets fashion goodness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2006 06:36:28 AM »

Hey all,

I'm posting pics of the stuff I sent to rbeforee. She hasn't been able to yet.

Here's a teaser.

The rest of the stuff is on Flickr, here. I've never used Flickr before, so bare with me on that front.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65741996@N00/sets/ (hopefully this link works properly)

The list items used for each thing are listed in the comments feild on Flickr with thier picture.

All together I used 52 items from the list. The rabbit has 34 just in her.

Hope you like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2006 07:44:44 AM »

shylitlegoddess - I love the idea of using the cabinet hinges for that bracelet! It looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2006 07:59:41 AM »

shylitlegoddess - I love the idea of using the cabinet hinges for that bracelet! It looks great!

Thanks! If you get just the right ones they will fit perfectly around the wrist. I found some tiny brass ones at Michael's for wooden boxes and such that I joined together with some jump rings. I'm still working out the kinks, but it's fun to wear and have people look at it and ask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2006 09:22:13 AM »

Okie doke!  Here's pix of what PinkyK sent me... Smiley (minus the candy, because everyone already stole that from me...hmph!)
Sorry it took a few days to take them, we had company over the weekend.  Thanks again & again & again, PinkyK... you're THE best Smiley

A potholder purse from the potholder loop queen herself!  I am honored and I *love* that button closure!

Photo cards from her town (I love photos!) and a Black Lagoon journal!

So many goodies on this jingley bracelet! Smiley

The quilt has beautifully embroidered squares that include many of the scavenger items on a polka dot fabric - be jealous!

A laptop bag custom fit to my laptop specifications! Smiley Gorgeous fabric - inside & out. Insulated with Tyvek, too!  Carabiners attached the double extendable strap. Inside pockets for organization. Smiley  Velcro closure with detachable necktie - another scavenger item!

Desk organizers made from a dissassembled cigar box and adorned with gorgeous glass tiles in a simple modern mosaic pattern.

A funny little shadowbox, complete with a beverage recipe potion and scratch off lottery ticket!  A polymer clay covered Altoid tin as part of the desk set.  A bonus...it's magnetic for paperclips!

I *think* these are my favorite, but it's definitely a toss up!  She took the subject of my favorite book and hobby of mine and mixed them up with some resin and - wah-la!  Bicycle part coasters!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
SonjaBoo

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #239 on: July 31, 2006 09:27:50 AM »

Wowsers!!  Shocked  PinkyK, you are a scavenger hunt genius!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Four Leg Box
How to Fold an Origami Rocket
How to make Homemade Halloween Decorations
How to make origami claws
How to Fold Origami Wizards Hat
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...