A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Craftster Scavenger Hunt Swap Gallery  (Read 43553 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

green monk
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2006 07:04:49 PM »

You have a bowling pin!!! that is so cool!!! hehe, i did see a plastic bowling set in toys-r-us a couple weekends ago. i thought, wow! that would be perfect! and then i checked out the price and its perfection dropped a score Wink  Sorry stifflersmom...no fake plastic bowling pins for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I WILL BE IN THE WOODS FROM AUGUST TO NOVEMBER... GOOD-BYE COMPUTER!!!
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2006 10:28:39 AM »

Egads! everything is awsome.

I can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2006 11:23:57 AM »

Well, sendouts came and went and I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that we've had a craftster go awol. The good news is that her partner hasn't shipped because we realized she was awol after not responding to the final check-in message. We're hoping she'll resurface by next Monday, otherwise we'll be seeking an angel with benefits to swap in her place.

The even better news is that every other pair has checked in with Kaesea and I. As you'll see from the first post we have three more people ready to send today, and another 6 who are sending late for various reasons but the lines of communication have been open so no one should be wondering where the hell their stuff is a week from now.

You guys have been a generally good group so far, thanks for helping to make our first organizing gig pretty easy for us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2006 11:26:09 AM »

Thanks for the update, Bon!  Thanks to you & Kaesea both for organizing & updating promptly!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2006 11:32:13 AM »

I'd like to second TheBon's thanks to everyone who has made this, our first organzing gig, go smoothly. Also, public thanks to TheBon for being such a great co-organizer.  Grin

As she mentioned before, I highly recommend making swap organizing a two person job. It's nice to have someone to work with on these things!

If anyone notices any missing/incorrect information on the first page, please let TheBon and I know. That information should be up-to-date right now. Here's hoping we get some more posts soon -- this stuff is great! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
Hookin Flamingo

What were you saying again?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2006 11:33:42 AM »

We're hoping she'll resurface by next Monday, otherwise we'll be seeking an angel with benefits to swap in her place.

Keep me in mind if you do need an angel... I still have lots of ideas for this swap  Wink

Is there a possablity of a round 2?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to make you a journal for a personal swap. PM me!
My wist: http://www.wists.com/hookinflamingo
My blog: http://thehappyhookinflamingo.blogspot.com/

Dorkariffic asked me to the hoe down *blushes* I feel like Cinderella going to the ball *GRIN*
TheBon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2006 12:07:41 PM »

Kaesea and I talked about Round 2 this morning and decided that we won't be able to organize it. We've got too much personal crafting that has to happen [birthday/Christmas gifts, we're both crafting for my wedding, plus I have a thesis to write!] and just don't think we can handle a second round. So, we'd love to see it happen, although I'd like to see it hold off for about 2 weeks for this one to get wrapped up and give folks a break from it.

Also, public thanks for Kaesea for being such great help. It's nice to have someone to go to when you don't know what to do about something. I highly recommend it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2006 03:41:02 PM »

Aeronberry and I agreed that we would each post our own pics with the explanations of what we included. I got a little wordy. Bear with me!  Cheesy

Here is what I sent aeronberry (and why!) First up, a medium sized tote.

Made out of a recycled shirt (16~ok, it was a sweater. Dont get too picky!). It has a couple of dachshunds on it, because aeronberry loves them. Each dog is stitched on with the blanket stitch, and their noses are embroidered (48). They are wearing little heart charms (7) on their collars. The little heart pictured between them is much smaller than it would be in real life (63).

In the back of the back of the bag, there is a magnetic clasp (54) and a flying object: a little flying heart (#eight). Whew! That was 6 items off the list. Sorry, I thought I had a photo, but I can't find it.

Next, theres an altoid tin (22).

On the front, theres a wacky personal ad (20) thats entitled 3s Company. Some 50ish man is making himself available to ladies and couples with straight men. Hes interested in erotic times. Obviously, hes a giver. Also on the front of the tin is a photo (13) of Dr. Frankenfurter, wearing a touch of black (19). He is most definitely a blast from my past (4). I dont want to get into details about that here. Theres also a picture of a coffee cup here (31). And a button detail on the side (27).
On the inside, theres a large number 10, which happens to be my partners shoe size (97), and down in the corner of the bottom, theres a little picture of a television with rabbit ears (73).

On the bottom of the tin, theres a skull (43), to warn you away from scary personal ads! If you look closely, the shape of his nose is exactly the same shape as the silhouette of a fig. (64). I am not making that up. Its true. So, for the tin, thats 11 items off the list.

Inside the tin, theres a fun set of stickers that I made just for aeronberry! Theres something with scales (86), a little map of  West Virginia (69), the Boones farm logo, another blast from my past (4), a human nose (92), paisleys (56), some bowling pins (26), a paddle ball (24), a bandaid, which is something medical (55), a window/architectural detail (23), something with the School House Rocks theme (their logo) (75), a black and white photo (3) of a baby (1), some tattoo flash (90), a test tube (18), a pyramid, which is triangular (70), and Scrabble tiles spelling our aeronberrys real name (41). Thats a lot of stickers. Total: 15.

Then, theres jewelry, modeled after something on aeronberrys wists. The jewelry incorporates something made with a rock or stone (72), and two colors swirled together (93). You may not be able to see that in the picture, but would I lie to you? Jewelry, a measly 2 items from the list.

Heres the big mother: a cigar box (29) container with wooden bead feet (95). The outsides not much, but check out the handy divided inside! Perfect for little tiny crafty items like beads or findings! Lets take it from the top and go left to right. First box: a black and white photo (3) of a vampire (68). Hes wearing a touch of black (19) and is another movie theme (78). Next to him, is some sushi (87) on a polka dot background (84). Next, a pic from Wicked. Elphalbas face is lime green (50) and her red lips are the perfect complimentary color (83). She is a witch (94). Next we have penguins (77). One of them has on a polka dotted pj hat on (85). Next row: The first box has text from an Indian newspaper (79). Moving on, a flamingo (67), which is a bird (2). If the complimentary colors on Elphalba dont work for you, maybe you like them in this box better. Next to that is handmade paper from India (62), and then theres Nancy Drew, cut from the flyleaf of an old book (25) and (76). On the next row, first box, theres a postage stamp (15) with a picture of the Eiffel Tower on it (91). Next to that, something from my city (49). Its from a 12 pack of Coke. I live in Atlanta. We have Coke in our blood here. Aw, cutetheres a manatee (10), and next to him, the wrapper off of a Dove dark chocolate (46) yummy. Last row, are you still with me? First box, some strawberries (9) on a camo background (45), second box, a Cosmo (39), then a pinup girl(14). And in the last box, purple paper (57) with flowers (32). On that is a picture of the Big Chicken (82), which believe it or not, is a major landmark where I live (61). You dont see these every day! Total for the box: 32 items.
This was not easy. I count 66 total items used. I hope aeronberry likes what I sent!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006 04:16:47 AM by rackycoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2006 04:03:57 PM »

Oh racky what a lovely job!! What did you use for the dividers in the cigar box?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
TheBon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2006 04:21:29 PM »

Great goods Rackycoo! I love the cigar box, what a creative way to use the list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Director Mike Newell on How to Work With Actors
EXPOzed #33 - HD Expo 2008 - MACCAM Lighting
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches 5
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches Ep4
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches 3
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...