A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I have an unhealthy obsession with color  (Read 1891 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artsygal

Come see my yarns!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2006 12:50:29 PM »

I have this obsession. It first became apparent that there was a problem when I went stir crazy with all the white walls in my apartment... and next thing I knew, I was painting them red. RED walls.. in a rented apartment. Walls thath ave to be white when I leave. WHO CARES?!

Now i have red walls, that isn't enough. My kitchen is still boring. So I keep performing mad scientist experiments in it that inevitably result in staining of the floor or counter in any one of a myriad of colors.

Here is what this past weekend's experiments ended in...

Step a little closer now... It won't bite you, I promise:

And one last shot:

I present to you, 650 yards of silk/merino laceweight. Prior to this all I'd used was fisherman's wool. The difference between that and this is so amazing I could cry.  I actually brought it to work with me today and sat it on my desk like art.. and I can't resist petting it now and then.

I still have its twin at home - still white. I'll have to think of something equally fabulous for it.

Jas
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006 03:20:47 PM by artsygal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handpaints by Artsygal - a collection of unique and inspired handpainted yarns - is now open for business! Visit www.artsygal.net to see my yarns for yourself!
mllejessy
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006 01:07:59 PM »

oooo, pretty.  What did you dye it with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsygal

Come see my yarns!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006 01:14:22 PM »

oooo, pretty.  What did you dye it with?

Mostly wiltons.. but I did the mad scientist thing as I went and tipped in some regular red food coloring at one point, and drops of green and blue at others. I started with 3 colors and kept adding more dye to them as I went to get variations of each color so that everything blended well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handpaints by Artsygal - a collection of unique and inspired handpainted yarns - is now open for business! Visit www.artsygal.net to see my yarns for yourself!
spiderdust
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006 01:18:40 PM »

oooh, like Chocolate Cherry, very nice!!

I too am obsessed with color.  I rent as well and painted my library a very intense, deep electric blue.  Alas, I believe my cats have finished off the carpets, so we won't be getting the security deposit back anyway, so they can deal with painting the walls whatever drab color they like.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crnaofca
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006 01:39:12 PM »

mmm, it looks like candy:) i love love love that color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.
~~~~~~
Will knit for PJ pants:) PM me:)
~~~~~~
Anyone interested in swapping Steve Jackson's "Munchkin" custom cards?
artsygal

Come see my yarns!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006 02:49:32 PM »

I just wanted to add. I finally put needles to this stuff over the weekend. Just a teeny tiny 3 inch square in stockingette on size 1 needles.

It looked good enough to eat. Truly. 

Because I've vowed not to start a new project until atleast one of my current ones is complete and I SO want to knit with this (it's hand painted zypher, for gods sake!!!!) I picked up my current lace shawl and buckled down and recharted out the parts that are giving me problems.. and things are starting to flow again! Now I just have to FINISH that thing so I can find something to make with this stuff! Cheesy

Jas
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Recipes: What To Do With All Those Thanksgiving Leftovers
Leftover Turkey Sandwich Recipe
Inspired Leftover Ideas
Easy And Delicious Thanksgiving Side Dishes
How to Make a Thanksgiving Feast for Under $50
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...