A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: possibly...the what-did-you-wear-to-see-POTC2 thread??  (Read 2976 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CosmicCarrot
« on: July 10, 2006 07:49:01 AM »

well a while ago someone posted sometihng saying that they were going to dress up to see dead man's chest and i suggested we kind of turn it into the thread where people post what they wore...well that thread seems to have completely disappeared off the face of craftster, so i'm doing it here...if you have pictures, post them! if you don't, describe it! and if nobody wants to, well...i'll just show mine off haha

well i was planning an going all-out piratey, but then because i couldn't go to the midnight show (i went at 6:45 on friday) i toned it down a bit...i mostly just did the hair and head stuff, and then i wore my piratey medallion bling (stolen from my cousin's board game...not in the pictures) and wore some too big beige capris and a black tank top (the only clothes i had that aren't crazy colours, other than my pirate costume haha). nobody really understood my wanting to dress up like johnny depp. no, i replied, i'm a female pirate who happens to have the same hairstyle and eye makeup as captain jack sparrow, played by johnny depp! gah, nobody understands true pirates fans. these pictures aren't the greatest. i took some better ones afterwards but they're not on the computer yet and i had already cried off my eyeliner Cry

ignore the weird face, i was caught off guard. and i'm not quite sure what i'm doing wiht my hands...invisible knitting, perhaps?

and here i am with a large captain jack's face. this was at the theatre about an hour and a half before the movie. me and my friend got there early so we could be the first ones in and there was NOBODY there. so we waited right beside the guy who took tickets and told him to tell us as soon as we were allowed to go in and then he goes and lets like 3 groups of people in before us! i was pretty upset with him haha...so when the doors to the actual theatre opened i ran past al the non-dressed up people to get the bast saets...clearly i was the biggest fan there.
afterwards i needed some ban and jerry's to bring me back to my senses after what happened Cry...so i went into the store and nearly knocked over a display of fragile things...
and that's enough rambling. i force myself to stop.
post your outfits!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010 06:09:31 AM by SevsOnlyGirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean,
in the pine sol-scented air, somewhere that's green...
swellz
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006 09:53:37 AM »

yay for dressing up for movies! yah I dressed up for pirates and it was thrilling untill I got to the movie and was disappointed like you. Sad oh well it was fun any ways. I just dressed up in my puffy sleeved costume shirt, lace up corset vest and my cut up pants, I then cut up a ribbon for my belt. I also made a purse out of black silk and then stenciled anchors on it but it broke when we got to the theater so i was sad. but yeah heres my pics they are blurry i will post more when I have some better ones.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
xamonster

"Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006 10:48:59 AM »

Oh, I just finished my post here!

I did the same thing couldn't go to the midnight show, so I mostly stuck with head stuff. I had a lot of fun. There were a few other pirates at the theatre, but they were just wearing bandanas with a pirate-inspired print. One had a tri-corn hat.

(And as a side note, a group of high-schoolers in front of us brought paper bags and Sharpies and made fun of the Fandango ad. It was great, and we're stealing their idea for the next movie we see there ...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I brought you flours."

Check out my blog and my wist!
KnitChick1979
Antauri Fangirl

Going ghost!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006 10:00:03 PM »

Well I didn't have a lot of time nor the inclanation to be the only dressed up one (I did that for Harry Potter but that I didn't care because I had already spent a lot of time walking around in Hogwarts robes in public), so I went kinda simple.

I got a t-shirt from Hot Topic (grey with Captain Jack on the front and his bird tattoo on the back), and Torrid had cool knee-length socks black and white striped with red skulls.  To show off my socks I wore my black skirt and then I hurriedly tried to make a sash from some red & white striped fabric I had around but it was too short to go around my waist and ended up tied to my purse. 

Of course being that NASCAR was in town this weekend I kinda threw the theme by wearing my NAPA pit cap with it.  Smiley 

I did see two kids walking around near the theatre I went to dressed up, one had a parrot on his shoulder and the other had a pirate hat. 

No pictures though, sorry!  Glad to know I'm not the only one who tried to dress up a bit!

Mary Jo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Mind over matter is nothing compared to hands-free refreshment!" ~Antauri

Help in the race to beat Alzheimer's!

Information for swap partners
titancia
Are you a good twin or a bad twin?

It's Thistle with a Bobo on her head!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006 10:54:41 PM »

My sister and I dressed up a tad... We're shy, so we took the slightly subtle approach:

My with my sister's dog, Clover. I got this adorable top from Torrid about a year ago and thought it worked.

This is a closeup so you can see my earrings. I made them with blue skulls (because it's my favorite color, and really, I was going to wear a Pirates shirt I got from Hot Topic, but spilled dinner down the front of it, of course!) and gold platsic swords. I included a closeup... It's grainy, so I'll have to get a clearer one later.
I also wore the Pirates Coin necklace I got from Claires, but I hadn't changed out of my Titanic coal cross yet.

My sister and her dog... I told Val she ended up taking the "wench" approach with that shirt. Tongue

A close up of her earrings (grey skulls & gold swords) and her Pirates coin necklace.

My mom wore sword earrings I added glass Czech beads to, as well as her Pirates necklace, but I didn't get a photo of that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clovergrace
The Positive Pessimest

Sometimes when you fall, you fly.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006 10:59:04 PM »

Dear lordy, that's me. And what an awful look on my face. At least Clover looks cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EvilRachel
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006 11:22:20 PM »

A small group of us all dressed up.

For clarification, from left to right it goes Kerry, Joanne, me, Kelly, and in the front is Tara.  I made Kerry's sash, head scarf and vinyl money pouch.  I made my shirt (from an old t-shirt) and my bag which I already posted here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=105896.msg1009425#msg1009425 .  I made Kelly's sash and head scarf, and I made Tara's head scarf and corset.  The corset was a leather child's vest which I got at Value Village for $1.50.  I just popped out the buttons and laced it up.

We all had a great time, even if we didn't look quite as awesome as the rest of you.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KnitChick1979
Antauri Fangirl

Going ghost!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006 11:27:45 PM »

We all had a great time, even if we didn't look quite as awesome as the rest of you.   Smiley

Are you kidding?  You all look awesome!  Looks like you're ready to sail the seven seas!  Wink

Mary Jo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Mind over matter is nothing compared to hands-free refreshment!" ~Antauri

Help in the race to beat Alzheimer's!

Information for swap partners
mermaide
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006 09:20:46 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=105842.0
Mine's here. I'm still waiting for the group pictures from my friend's camera. Everyoe has great costumes by the way.

titancia: Did you wear an "aztec gold coin" they were selling online? Now they have Jack's compass as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftsters do it better.
CosmicCarrot
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006 09:29:00 AM »

i hear they're selling loads of pirate stuff at claire's....last time i went they only had like journals (bought one), posters and seriously overpriced pillowcases, but now i guess they have the medallions, the key, and a locket with jack in it Grin....so maybe they have his compass as well? i'll have to go check it out next time my mother wants to drive me an hour to the nearest city...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean,
in the pine sol-scented air, somewhere that's green...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Natural Solution For Backache
How to Wear Fresh Spring Makeup
The Risks of Wearing Eyelash Jewelry
Makeover Lover and Minimalist Swap Beauty Routines
A 61-Year-Old Grandmother Wears Makeup for the First Time
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...