A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 306,354
Currently Running With Scissors:
375 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I love my Fancy Pants (mini tutorial added)  (Read 20899 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eenodol
« on: July 10, 2006 12:05:27 AM »

I finished these pants only hours before we left for Bonnaroo last month, and thank goodness!  They were PERFECT!  They were long enough to cover up my legs so I didn't get too much sun, but they were also so light and cool!  I was really afraid I was going to flash everybody, but they did really well, even with the wind.  They're really comfy too.  I made them out of two remnants I got at Walmart, but unfortunately they weren't quite the same size.  Thus, the yellow stripe!  They were really easy to make, too.  The most time consuming part was making the long ties for them.  I based these off of my friends store bought pants of the same style.

the front:

the back:

with my shirt down:

However perfect they may have been, these are not the best pants in a dark Portapotty at all hours of the night.  

I hope you like them!  Thanks for looking Cheesy

Tutorial: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=106328.msg1024357#msg1024357
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011 02:33:15 PM by jungrrl - Reason: added link to tutorial » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy - home of the cat hat!  also dog hats, amigurumis, crochet patterns, hippie clothes, all kinds of good stuff!  check it out Smiley

My new blog.  Crochet, recipes, whatever.
kermitstar
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006 12:15:38 AM »

haha my friend went to bonnaroo also, she came verrry tan. hope you had fun! as for the pants, i like em, i wish i knew how to tie dye like that
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Eva!
eenodol
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006 01:02:18 AM »

haha my friend went to bonnaroo also, she came verrry tan. hope you had fun! as for the pants, i like em, i wish i knew how to tie dye like that

awesome!  it was SOOO fun!  I came out with some really funky tan lines, too.. I don't think you can see them in these pictures though  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy - home of the cat hat!  also dog hats, amigurumis, crochet patterns, hippie clothes, all kinds of good stuff!  check it out Smiley

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006 08:35:19 PM »

I love those pants.  If you wouldn't mind I would love a tutorial for those.  They would have been great here in Mexico, but oh well. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadyCregga
keeper of the castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006 06:53:28 PM »

I LOVE THEM!!! Cheesy
I would love to make a few for myself!
But I can't find anything around here to make a pattern from! Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!! -- What a Ride! -- Anonymous
eenodol
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006 08:27:20 PM »

Thank you so much!  I'm so glad you all like them Smiley  And they're so easy to make, I bet you'll like them even more!

So here's my little tutorial I whipped up in Paint.  I didn't really do any measuring when I made them, I just compared them to the other pants and held them up to myself to see.  Basically, you just need to make sure the fabric piece is wide enough to wrap around your thigh and overlap a few inches, or everyone will get an eyeful!  My ties are about 21" long, and that seems like plenty.  I like long ties, so if I made these again I would probably make them even longer! 

So here it is:  The red line is the ONLY seam!

Pretty easy, ay?  Two big rectangles of fabric, four ties, one seam, and a bunch o' hems.

I realize I didn't really give a lot of information there, so if you have any questions please ask!   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006 09:00:11 PM »

Wow thats so great!!!  I would never have thought of that.  Its kinda like a wrap around skirt, but with a crotch right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chynadoll36

I'm a crafty rhino!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006 09:10:28 PM »

I bought a pair of these type of pants in Thailand. They are so comfy aren't they. But I never would have thought of the idea before I saw them. Good Job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006 08:31:06 AM »

Thank you so much for the tutorial.  As soon as I get home, heck I might even try them by hand this week, but I am not very good at following tuts or patterns for that matter so I will probably be messaging you with questions. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006 12:38:29 PM »

Oooh, my! Ive been wanting those kinds of pants forever, but never relized they would be so easy to make.... Genius sewing and fantastic generosety, sharing this tute.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cirque Du Soleil Show Dralion Performers
Art Showcase: Messerschmitt ME 109 G
Building a German U-Boat
Art Showcase: Spitfire Mk IX
Art Showcase: Avro Arrow Mailbox
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...