A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: obnoxiously simple fingerless gloves  (Read 215599 times)
Tags for this thread: fingerless_gloves , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

slystr
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004 07:18:47 AM »

that is stockinette stitch, knit 1 row, purl the next.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004 07:50:20 AM »

:: realizes she must learn how to knit!! :: darnit, all the really cute stuff is knitted. that is, most of the really cute stuff to wear is knit rather than crochet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2004 01:13:02 PM »

oh, these would be so easy in crochet.  just chain enough to go around your wrist generously, and sc or dc a rectangle as long as your hand.  sew together as per the knitting instructions and there you go.
thanks slystr, for the pattern reminder.  i'll go add it to the instructions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flamefeather
fnord

meow dammit!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2004 01:15:12 PM »

i'm making something pretty similar right now out of self-striping yarn and size 3 needles... they're turning out awesome!  I knit mine in the round, switched to flat for the thumbhole, and joined the sides back together for the rest.  I just wish i'd used slightly bigger needles, because it's taking rather a long time... well, and i'm making them extra-long Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlniteowl

I'm a tasty knitter!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2004 06:23:32 PM »

Neat!  I'm working on something like these right now - I made short little super easy ribbed wristbands and now I'm working on longer forearm warmers.  I was going to bind off for a thumb hole (like make a big buttonhole) but now I'm thinking I like this leaving the hole when you sew.  Thanks!!  xo, girlniteowl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2004 11:16:15 PM »

this was really easy to convert to crochet! now I have a cute little pair of ribbed gloves ::grins:: been wanting some for a while. next project: clear to the elbow striped fingerless gloves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
slystr
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2004 08:35:26 AM »

i'm making something pretty similar right now out of self-striping yarn and size 3 needles... they're turning out awesome!  I knit mine in the round, switched to flat for the thumbhole, and joined the sides back together for the rest.  I just wish i'd used slightly bigger needles, because it's taking rather a long time... well, and i'm making them extra-long Smiley

sizr 3's Now that is the sign of a patient knitter!! I bet they will be so smooth tho....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flamefeather
fnord

meow dammit!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2004 07:14:06 AM »

sizr 3's Now that is the sign of a patient knitter!! I bet they will be so smooth tho....

what can I say... i do ridiculous things sometimes  Cheesy  used to make a lot of amulet purses out of those tiiiny seed beads...  the stuff that takes patience always turn out soo well though ^_^

I aso have a scarf made of super-chunky yarn on size 17 needles going at the same time, so I work on that when i'm tired of the teensy needles.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004 07:15:48 AM by flamefeather » THIS ROCKS   Logged
elephantfanatic

real girls shoot guns!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2004 02:28:11 PM »

WOW! i'm gonna have to try this in crochet, i find it a LOT easier than knitting! but i'm definetely gonna do one's to the elbow, at least! yours look awesome though! i wish i could knit..... Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All Cinderellas have their midnight." Thomas S. Monson.
socomfyhere
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2004 01:02:55 PM »

these are awesome!  also cool would be to make the squarish rectangly bits out of a fine wool yarn and then felt them.  i guess you would have to do the seam before you do the felting though, or the seam would look odd.

great job! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply False Eyelashes
All About Red Lipstick
How to Do a Bouffant Hair Style With Binky
The Primer That Outlasts Birchbox Co-Founder Katia’s 15-Hour Day
Birchbox Sneak Peek: July 2013
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...