A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lady Eleanor, anyone?  (Read 5167 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissLulu
« on: July 09, 2006 09:01:05 AM »

I am so in love with this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=103630.0 and fig&plum's version.

the book is waiting for me at the library and i bought 10 skeins of silk garden (239) yesterday, so i will be casting on in the next couple of days (if i can abandon the two other projects i have on the go without too much guilt).

anyone want to come and play?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jelly71
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006 11:05:50 AM »

i started this a few months ago using SWTC Karaoke, but the yarn kept breaking, so i got fed up and frogged it

i just started it again in Noro Kureyon 148 and am loving it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xchinagurlyx
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006 09:34:07 AM »

I loved her version too.  However, I can't seem to find a similarly-striping yarn in my price range (read: cheap).  I love the versions in Karaoke I've seen, but even that is too much. 

jelly71, did you try just spit-splicing (remember that the spitting portion is entirely optional) the yarn together?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissLulu
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006 07:48:55 PM »

I just cast on tonight and after a lot of "huh?"s i think i understand it! should be done by Christmas 2009, so that'll be nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jelly71
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006 04:42:22 PM »

I loved her version too.  However, I can't seem to find a similarly-striping yarn in my price range (read: cheap).  I love the versions in Karaoke I've seen, but even that is too much. 

jelly71, did you try just spit-splicing (remember that the spitting portion is entirely optional) the yarn together?

no, i just got so irritated, that i didn't want to deal with it any more

in 2 skeins, the yarn broke about 5 times - the thought of continuing with 8 more skeins just overwhelmed me

i am loving the Noro Kureyon 148 - not my usual colors at all (normally i am all about the purples and the pinks) but i like that it has a touch of pink and purple in it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jesintexas

a very large poodle, indeed...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006 07:43:00 PM »

I'm in!  I started Lady Eleanor last week.  I'm not that far in.  I believe I'm on the 3rd tier of rectangles.  It's such an interesting pattern.  I will post pictures of my progress when I get a chance.  I'm using Noro Silk Garden in shade 205. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissLulu
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006 06:19:57 AM »

oh yay! i've been so obsessed with this - i love love love this pattern and am cruising right along. i've been doing about 3 or 4 tiers a night so i should been done in a couple of weeks!

also, i've been feeling a bit woozy over how much i spent on this, but the other day i priced the yarn it suggests in the pattern - $360!!! i feel better about the sg. i think i might use kureyon for my next one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SRU2004
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006 06:45:02 AM »

Count me in too.  I have actually been working on this project on and off for the past month, but could use the encouragement that a KAL entails so that I actually finish it.  I am using Noro Kureyon in colorway 124 on size 8 needles.  I decided to use this needle size, along with a smaller cast on, so that i get more of a scarf than a shawl. 

Other than those adjustments, I have been following the pattern as written, and am loving the results.  I even learned to knit backwards, which makes this project go even faster.  Plus, the constantly changing colors of the Noro yarn make for interesting knitting.  Right now, I am onto ball #3 of 9.  Pictures on my blog (http://knitspurlscurls.blogspot.com)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Anita~~
hoontan
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006 03:15:35 PM »

I started on this last week with Noro Silk Garden 217. I love the pattern and yarn combingation and cannot wait to finish it. I just finished knitting the fourth ball - 5 more to go. Will attempt to post a picture later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoontan
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006 11:16:55 AM »

As promised, pictures of lady eleanor at the beginning of 7th ball of Noro Silk Garden. I finished the 7th ball last night and would begin working on the 8th today.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Color Tips
How to Curl Your Hair With a Flat Iron
How to Flat Iron Your Hair
How to Choose a Flat Iron
How to Maintain Your Flat Iron and Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...