Swap name: One Tiny Thing Round 8
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: lady4feet
Sign-up date range: July 9 - July 16
Date to send item by: July 30
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
All ages allowed? Or 18+? All Ages
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: No only one
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Details of swap:
The idea is to make one (just one, no more, no less) tiny craft item. It should be physically small (miniatures are encouraged) and should be something that you can craft with a high level of skill. Even if it is a fairly simple/easy item for you to make, please embellish or perfect it so that it best represents your skill. (For example, if you wish to make a coin purse, I encourage you to embroider, add beading, or take other steps to make it a really special piece.)
You will receive only one partner. You may only send that partner ONE tiny craft - "extras" are not allowed in this swap. (Partly because it can be embarrassing to receive more than you sent, and partly because this will force you to put all of your creative energy into make one really stellar, tiny craft.) The idea behind this swap is to give you a simple, low-pressure craft swap that won't stress you out or cost a lot to ship.
How do you know if your idea is "tiny?" Examples: A coin purse is tiny; a clutch purse is not. A pair of earrings is tiny; a necklace, earrings, and bracelet set is not. A trinket box is tiny; a pencil box is not. An ATC (artist trading card) is tiny; a full-size drawing is not. A pair of small barrettes is tiny; one large barrette is tiny; a selection of barrettes is not. (If you're not sure if your idea qualifies as "tiny," ask me!) All items should be 4"x4" or smaller.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Your real name:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?:
What craft skills can you use to make a high quality tiny item (ie.. knit, crochet, sew, quilt, shrine making etc..) :
What craft skills would you love your tiny item to be made with (list as many as you'd really appreciate):
What kind of tiny things would you like to receive? (this is just a quideline) :
What are you favorite colors / motifs / styles:
What else would you like to tell you partner? (Please be sure to include any restrictions, such as no animal byproducts, religious symbol preferences, etc.)
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.Additional Rules
2. You must post on this thread. A simple I'm in! or whatever will suffice. This is so I'm certain you get all messages.
3. Please put Tiny Swap or OTT8 in the title of all PM's
4. Everyone should be willing to ship internationally. Its only a few bucks more, these are tiny things.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM: sent received have done both
Updated feedback Bobolink