A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,330
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Harry Potter for Our Kids (sign-ups CLOSED!!! mail by 8/24)  (Read 6170 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zenochka
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006 07:30:15 PM »

wow all I can say is that I love love love your hobbit bathroom!!!!!!!!!!
And your squares are just awesome! Oh my gosh I love them!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
beautifulloser
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006 09:47:03 PM »

ofenjen-  i've seen your hobbit bathroom on here before and just love it. Wow, all of your quilting squares are amazing, i'm so inspired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006 05:46:28 AM »

ooh, i really like that idea! I wonder if we could make it some kind of round robin swap, where we would get a square from each participant over time, but i guess that would make for a kind of long swap, but how cool would it be in the end!

I love that idea of everyone making squares for everyone. It could get long, but I think the results would be amazing.

Great idea, Ezri_B!  I have a whole box of squares that will eventually be an HP quilt, but I'm mostly still designing and using my ideas to make bags & wallhangings.  HP & Paper Piecing are my two biggest obsessions.  They go really well together!   My HP squares - http://www.sewhooked.org/HPPaper.html.

I do love your squares, I am unable to make squares like that. I just don't have that type of logic in my brain. But I have loved your squares ever since I first saw them.
But I can do applique, or embroidery or other things to make squares. I think we'll definitely have to keep this one in our minds and try to figure out the best way for this to work. I know about.com did one years and years ago, because I have seen pictures of them whenever I do a search, so I know it must be possible Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006 07:37:39 AM »

I do love your squares, I am unable to make squares like that. I just don't have that type of logic in my brain. But I have loved your squares ever since I first saw them.
But I can do applique, or embroidery or other things to make squares. I think we'll definitely have to keep this one in our minds and try to figure out the best way for this to work. I know about.com did one years and years ago, because I have seen pictures of them whenever I do a search, so I know it must be possible Smiley

Ironically enough, applique & embroidery absolutely kill me!  Once I discovered paper piecing and put it together with HP it was quite literally magic for me.

ofenjen-  i've seen your hobbit bathroom on here before and just love it. Wow, all of your quilting squares are amazing, i'm so inspired!

wow all I can say is that I love love love your hobbit bathroom!!!!!!!!!!
And your squares are just awesome! Oh my gosh I love them!!!!!

Thanks to both of you!  I really am a rabid crafter and a bit obsessed when I get going on a project.  I'm just so inspired by books in general, but HP & LotR in particular.   Before I found the online crafting community, I felt a bit more crazy than I do now!

I think we'll definitely have to keep this one in our minds and try to figure out the best way for this to work. I know about.com did one years and years ago, because I have seen pictures of them whenever I do a search, so I know it must be possible Smiley

I've done "real life" coordinating for swaps & challenges, and will have some suggestions when the time comes.

Can't wait to swap with all of you nice wonderful HP moms!   Grin
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006 12:43:58 PM by ofenjen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
beautifulloser
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006 05:25:41 PM »

Thanks to Ezri_B for posting links to this swap on some of the other Harry Potter pages! I've p.m.ed several people, and will write a reminder to the yahoo Harry Potter craft group in a couple of days (give a 1 week notice), hopefully we can get a few more people to join in. So far we have 4 signed up, so even if we don't get more this time, we've got a good group! 

I will be looking at ammount of kids, interests, and any special requests that match other's tallents, when matching up partners.

This should be a lot of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006 09:12:28 AM »

My 8 year old son just decided that he wants an HP bedroom!  So I get to figure that out, and how to make an HP crib set for the baby toddler!  I'm so excited, this beats the hell out of the girls' fairy princess theme!  lol

And I can't swa-a-a-ap! Cry    [/whiny]

lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
Ezri_B
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006 09:19:04 AM »

My 8 year old son just decided that he wants an HP bedroom!  So I get to figure that out, and how to make an HP crib set for the baby toddler!  I'm so excited, this beats the hell out of the girls' fairy princess theme!  lol

And I can't swa-a-a-ap! Cry   
lol

Oh, no why can't you swap?
 those sound like great inspirations for swapping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006 09:51:12 AM »

Yes I can!!  Woo-hoo!  My feedback has been updated, and I only have 4 swaps now!  I'll PM you in a few minutes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
beautifulloser
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006 10:29:02 AM »

Yay, I'm glad you'll be swaping kahluakiggy!

The toddler bedding sounds like fun, it's time consuming, but so rewarding in the end. I made my newest a camalot themed set recently, with a dragon apliqued on the front of the quilt and a castle bumper. I felt like pulling my hair out while trying to aplique the dragon, because i made him with a stretchy metallic fabric, but in the end it all worked. I'm working on some ideas to make my 7 yr old an HP quilt for his bed, but i havn't decided wether to make him one with all different blocks with individual pictures, or one big appliqued image?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beautifulloser
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006 07:06:53 PM »

One week left to sign up! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Post-processing Digital Photos
How to Create Cool Banners in Gimp
How to Create A Map in Photoshop
How to Make a Twitter Logo in Photoshop
How to Use GIMP Freeware Image Editor
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...