A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,664
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Harry Potter for Our Kids (sign-ups CLOSED!!! mail by 8/24)  (Read 5302 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beautifulloser
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006 10:23:22 PM »

We'll miss you Kahluakiggy! These new swap rules are kind of a bummer, especially when one is in long term swaps.

I've got so many ideas of things to make for this swap, but there's still 2 more weeks till sign ups close. I guess I should finish projects I've already started for my own kids...

Does anyone else here have kids with Harry Potter themed room? We just redecorated my 7 yr old son's with a hogwarts theme, but i still want to do a lot more to it, I'm just not sure what to do next...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006 05:38:10 AM »

Our is very in progress, as we are planning on remodeling a bit, so I didn't want to get too involved in their room, just to rip the walls down at the end of the summer.
But my 3 boys share a room, it's huge and it's harry potter themed. Their grandma buys them everything Harry Potter that she sees in thrift stores, so they have the sheets, and banner, and a bunch of opened figures on shelves.  They also have sheilds, potion bottles, curtains, blankets, and a few other things that we've made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006 06:01:21 AM »

I also will have to catch this one in Round 2!  My 11yo daughter is doing a HP themed room.  We have the curtains and tiebacks, I promised to make her bedhangings and we have the tiebacks for those already.  I have a round-topped trunk in layaway at an antique store (practically stole it!) and she has figurines and stuff. Oh, and the bedding and tons of HP pillows!  We found all the pillows at a garage sale, it was great.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the gallery.
Dawn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006 10:39:40 AM »

My daughter has an HP themed room, too.  We did it when she was 8.  She's 11 now, so it looks a bit different than it does here http://www.sewhooked.org/HPBedroom.html  ue to furniture changes (she has a really cool huge brass bed now that a friend gave her) & more HP stuff (of course!)

I've never been happy with the photos of the Fat Lady.  She looks much, much better in real life!  My favorite part is the closet!  That was SO fun to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
icebyrd67
hello beautiful world!

Where is the pony doctor?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006 11:26:07 AM »

gah..i wanna do this one, but i know i've already signed up for far too many swaps.  round two please?  and can we swap with our baby cousin as well as our kids?  because my son (my fiance's son, actually) is three and i'm not sure on his opinions on harry potter, but my baby cousin is 11 and is in love with cho chang. and hermione.  and ginny.  and all the girls in the series (he's only just discovered girls exist.  i'm scared ><)

~jules
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn all about me? http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

looking for personal swaps - i need decorative table numbers for my wedding. want to have a place in my wedding? More details in my profile. PM me!
beautifulloser
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006 03:06:45 PM »

ofenjen- i love how you did your daughter's room, all of the walls and doors look great! i wish we wern't in a rental, landlord won't alow anything but white (how boring!).

My son's room has lots of posters of the characters, the shelves have set ups of the action figures, a sparkley curtain arround the bed, hp pillows (thrifts store finds), a hp game cupoard (all found at thrift stores as well), his robes, scarf and wand are hanging up, then a homemade lego table devoted to Making the hogwarts grounds (which is a play area always in progress), and then we have just started the project of revampnig his doll house, we are making that in to hogwarts (but i think it will be a very long time till we complete it). I'd really like to make him a harry potter quilt for his bed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006 07:08:49 PM »

I'd really like to make him a harry potter quilt for his bed.

There's another swap idea.... harry potter quilt squares!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beautifulloser
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006 07:15:59 PM »

I'd really like to make him a harry potter quilt for his bed.

ooh, i really like that idea! I wonder if we could make it some kind of round robin swap, where we would get a square from each participant over time, but i guess that would make for a kind of long swap, but how cool would it be in the end!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zenochka
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006 07:18:27 PM »

oh that would be so awesome! I'd be in for that too!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006 07:27:52 PM »

beautifulloser, I love the sound of your son's room (I love thrift stores, too!)!  My daughter is older (11) and no longer lets me in to decorate!  Sad   Fortunately, she still loves her room & loves HP more than ever (whew!).   Oh, I remember the days of white walls and doing my best to brighten things up with pillows & curtains.  Elena was 4 when we moved into our house and it took me 4 more years to work up the nerve to paint a single room!  Now most of my house is pretty colorful.  Someday I'll post the "ocean" bathroom my kids have.  I have a Hobbit bathroom that's online, too - http://www.sewhooked.org/hobbithole.html

Great idea, Ezri_B!  I have a whole box of squares that will eventually be an HP quilt, but I'm mostly still designing and using my ideas to make bags & wallhangings.  HP & Paper Piecing are my two biggest obsessions.  They go really well together!   My HP squares - http://www.sewhooked.org/HPPaper.html.  If you've been on The Leaky Cauldron's new craft page, the quilt section is (as of now, anyway) all my stuff.  They're not all on TLC yet, so there a few more designs on my website than show up there. (*blows kisses to all the harry potter crafters from y! groups*)

I look forward to doing lots of interesting swaps, but this is my first one, so I'll just have to hold my breath and wait to sign up for more after this one is complete!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Back-to-School Saturday Haul with Cait Barker
The Latest Leather and Patent Items from The Highstreet
Jeanius - Jorden Bickham on Denim
Vintage Bowles - Ragtime in Paris
Jeanius - Maya Sasaki on SKinny Jeans
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...