A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: Vote for your favorite obsession bag!
Third Day Tote by Wenders (Obsession: Third Day)
Pink Paradise by csi_princess (Obsession: Color Pink)
Mermaid's Paradise by beadizzygrl (Obsession: Ocean critters and beads)
Aussie Bag by kaiserchiefette (Obsession: Australia)
Spring Swallow Song Cozie by lol-lol (Obsession vinyl and white)
Eye Candy by RubberDuckys (Obsession: Dum Dum wrappers and duct tape)
Ravenclaw Messenger Bag for Lumos Las Vegas by ofenjen (Obsession: All Things Harry Potter & Paper Piecing)
Denise's Bags by dmerk (Obsessions: Bags, totes, and purses)
Blue Hawaii by bethntim (Obsession: Elvis)
Hommage to Mozart by spiderlady (Obsession: Opera/Mozart)
Green and Bows by Moonlightbliss33 (Obsession: Knitting and bows)
Mobile Tea Toter by piealottapie (Obsession: iced tea)
Bjork Bag by yonorris14 (Obsession: Bjork)
Alice by buttonsandstars (Obsession: Alice in wonderland)
Bad Boys by Clovergrace (Obsession: Handcuffs)
Not-so-traditional skull tote by kissjacksparrow (Obsession: skulls)
Horror Purse by PuddinPants (Obsession: Old Horror films)
I Collect Fruit by frigginpeaches (Obsession: fruit)
Craft Carry-All by CraftyCoug (Obsession: Sewing, Knitting, crocheting, etc.)
UT Bag by fengshui2345 (Obsession: University of Texas)
Mini Potholder Purse by PinkyK (Obsession: : Making things other than potholders using pot holder loops)
Don't Flame this Bag by Weemac (Obsession: Fire)
Texas Hold'em Obsession by Rebaplum (Obsession: Poker (specifically No Limit Texas Hold'em) )
Mermaid Tail Bag by MargiePoo (Obsession: Mermaids)

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CHALLENGE :5: YOUR OBSESSION! - WINNER ANNOUNCED!  (Read 16392 times)
Tags for this thread: pbw_challenge_obsessions  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spiderlady
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006 12:49:22 PM »

My bag: hommage a Mozart
My obsession: Opera in general, Mozart operas in particular

There's a backstory to this bag.  Last October, I heard Mozart's "Cosi fan tutte" at the Metropolitan in NYC--the realization of a 20-year dream.  A month or so later, Opera News had a feature on the opera, with pics taken on opening night--the night I was in the audience.  I had had the little square can for some time (I think it had Christmas trees all over it), so I ran to Michael's for a jar of Mod Podge and some felt for a lining, and just went to town!  I really love this thing.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am an apologist for the spiders.

Just treat me no differently than you would the Tarantula Queen.
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006 10:51:18 PM »

Bag Title: Green And Bows
Your Obsession: Knitting and bows
Bag picture(s):

Thats a turquise bow but it isnt pohotgraphing well =p

*action shot* dont you love my awesome pajamas =D
This purse was knit from fleece! and then sewn in turquise fuzzy yarn
Thanks For Looking
Ashley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
piealottapie
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006 11:06:51 AM »

bag title: mobile tea toter
my obsession: iced tea, enough to swim in

well due to this ridiculously hot California summer my latest obsession is iced tea. hence my obsession  tea bag. it is a lipton Tea bag shaped canvas backpack with a lemon wedge wallet. the bag is completely equipped to have iced tea anywhere you go. it even has a plastic beverage bladder and pockets to store extra tea bags. the lemon wedge wallet is made out of some yellow rubber rain pants so it will keep your things dry,no matter where you are. i want to add a funny saying about mobile tea to the bottom part of the bag, any witty ideas are welcome.

this crafty chick is sipping it up and loving life on the go. happy crafting.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006 11:40:33 AM by piealottapie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

all this time i thought people called me Martha stewart because of my innate craftiness, turns out we just have the same manly hands, go figure
yonorris14
I love to hear my sewing machine hummmm

Inherited the crafting curse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006 11:55:55 AM »

Bag Title:  BJORK BAG
Your Obsession:  Bjork

Let me start by saying that although I am crazy about Bjork, I wouldn't say that I'm obsessed.  I mean, I don't have posters of her on walls and I didn't name my first born after her.  But I do own every CD, have paid top dollar to see her in Chicago and wish to God that I could sing like her. 

I made this bag out of felt and corduroy.  Her face is a heat transfer I drew using a transfer pen and ironed onto antique white felt.  The black around her face is black felt and cut outs were made to show the shine of her hair and then sewn around to keep from getting torn.  My Bjork bag is accompanied by a tape made of felt to look like a tape of her first album titled "Debut".  The words are also heat transfered.

Thanks for looking, enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Inspiration exists, it just has to find you working." - Picasso

www.abernathycrafts.com
buttonsandstars
Buttons

Just keep knitting, knitting, knitting...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006 12:06:43 PM »

Bag Title: Alice

Your Obsession: Alice in Wonderland.

Ever since I saw the film at about the age of 6 or something, I was in love with the whole story. I must have watched that film so many times, and I also bought the matching Disney picture book. I even dressed up as Alice for a fancy dress party. When I got a little older and could read better, I read the full length Lewis Carroll book and I was just mesmerized by all of the imagery in it. I wanted to *be* in Wonderland! My main inspiration for this bag was a 1950s copy of the book that I found in a second hand bookstore a couple of years ago. It's so beautiful, and I love the sleeve it's in. I knew that I was going to make something to do with that as soon as I saw the challenge, and I think it's turned out pretty good!

Bag Pictures:

Front of the bag

This is made out of a navy blue cotton blend fabric and the white rabbit appliqu is made out of white fleece

Back of the bag

The lettering is made out of the same fleece fabric as the rabbit.

Lining of the bag

The lining is made from white and navy blue polka dot cotton blend fabric.

My beautifull 1950s copy of Alice in Wonderland

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clovergrace
The Positive Pessimest

Sometimes when you fall, you fly.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006 11:31:23 AM »

This is the perfect challenge for me! It's been a running joke between my sister and I that I want Elijah Wood handcuffed to my bed. (I'm also earning my BA in Criminal Justice, so that fits in as well.) The joke from this purse is, if I ever meet Elijah Wood, I'll always have the handcuffs with me, so I can just cut them off! (Like a "in case of fire, break glass"). This is the first time I've ever put a hard bottom on a purse, so it was an experience, but it came out great! It has one pocket inside on the side (I tend to hold my purse tightly to me, so its on the side so I don't break them).

Size: 12" by 12" by 5 1/2"
Bag Title: Bad boys (Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?)
Your Obsession: Handcuffs (I just realized it can be construed as kinky with the pleather! ).
Bag picture(s):

Action shots:
(It's quite big...that's an 8 in 1 Jane Austen book)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kissjacksparrow

Love all. Live free

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2006 11:32:34 AM »

Bag Title: Not-so-traditional skull tote
Your Obsession: skulls (it goes along with my pirate obssession, too) & just this fabric

I used this fabric for my prom dress & a tie for my significant other (which i have yet to post on craftster. . . ) 
I got so much extra - so heres one thing i made

see & read more
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=108494.msg1032998#msg1032998
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PuddinPants
Who Wants Pudding?

Uhhh, no, thats a space peanut

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006 07:51:58 AM »

I hope I am doing this right....here is my entry for Challenge 5....Hope you enjoy my cigar box horror purse!

Ok, so I Love old horror films, especially the wolfman! I have a huge movie poster of the wolfman framed in my room! So I thought I would theme my purse with that, being it's my obsession old horror films and the wolfman! So I got my lil hands on a super old horror film book the library was getting rid of so I ripped it up and made this super cute cigar box purse, I lined it, painted it, glazed it and added the handle and ribbon's & skulls. I also used some furniture brads for the bottom to keep it from getting scratched. I don't know if I wanna sell this yet.....I may keep it for myself! I also made a Frankenstein jewelry box from the same book, which I will post later...ENJOY!

Thanks

This is the front!

This is the Back!

A top view.

Inside View....

This is the bottom with lil brads on the bottom to prevent scratching of the paint job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Next time you bring a star home, try Angela Lansbury!
frigginpeaches

crab guts are delicious!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006 06:51:43 PM »

Bag Title: I Collect Fruit
Obsession: Fruit!

Fruit has always been one of my favorite things to eat and since I grew up in California, there was always an supply of cheap and delicious fruit year-round. Unfortunately for my fruit obsession (but fortunately for my other food obsessions), I moved to Japan a year ago, where almost all fruit has to be imported and is therefore extremely expensive: $1.50 for an apple, $3 for a peach, sometimes $25 (and up!) for a melon. I still eat fruit, but not with the gleeful abandon I once did. I'm careful with my fruit. I'm a fruit collector now.

The phrase on this bag was taken from a patch I saw in a craft store here. I thought it was really funny and resolved to make a bag that used it. I embroidered the phrase on the outside, added a pear-shaped cutout made out of pear-print Japanese cotton and embroidered a stem and leaf. The inside is lined with traditional Japanese cotton printed with peas (not a fruit, but at least edible!) and a pear-print pocket.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006 11:11:06 PM »

Bag Title:  Craft Carry-All
Obsession:  Sewing, Knitting, Crocheting, etc.

I did use a pattern for this project, but considering it's purpose, I feel like I needed some pretty serious guidance!  I used McCall's 5120.  It was pretty complex to assemble, we fought a lot and I broke countless needles, but I love it! 
The fabrics are quilter's cotton from JoAnn and Hancock and the see-through pockets are vinyl (vinyl and I have a love-hate relationship).  It has miles of zippers and extra wide double fold bias tape, which I also fought w/ to the ends of the Earth.  If only you could pin to vinyl or I had discovered using small binder clips earlier.
In any case, after many small battles, I have conquered all and I think it is great!  The blue part is velcro-ed in w/ heavy-duty velcro and is supposed to have a companion, but after finishing the first I thought I should cool off for a while, lest I throw the whole thing out the window.
Without further ado, here is my creation:
outside:

inside empty:

inside full: (what you can sort of tell is that it has several pockets/partitioned areas - good for everything, unless it's too long, like my knitting needles, but I have enough left-overs to make at least one extra page if I feel so inclined)

It even has room to grow!  Enjoy, everyone!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010 02:01:27 AM by MareMare - Reason: to fix coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down w/ a personal swap now and then!  PM me!

www.craftycougknits.blogspot.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CMA Awards Best and Worst Dressed
Elevator Makeover - Creating the Perfect Job Interview Look
Elevator Makeover - Dressing for a High School Reunion
Elevator Makeover - Dressing for a Job Search
Outfit of the Day: How a Professional Stylist Styles Herself
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...