A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knitscene's central park hoodie  (Read 59177 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2006 12:22:09 PM »

Ugh... I was making such good progress and now I'm getting bogged down with other projects!   Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2006 05:17:08 PM »

Me too. Stupid seams. And stupid Christmas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
binkin
« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2006 07:06:10 PM »

I'd have a lot more done on this sweater if I'd stop looking at other patterns online and going "Oh, I have to make THAT!"  I now have more WIPs than I'd really like to talk about.

At row 43 on the back, one of my needles broke, so now I'm knitting with one 5mm and one 5.5mm needle.  So far it doesn't seem to be a disaster; I've been trying to compensate with tension.

Also, I really need a ballwinder.  I tried to rig one up with my (weaving loom) bobbin winder, a toilet paper tube, a dpn, and a rubber band, and it seemed to work until I started knitting from the ball.  At this point it is such a tangled mess I had to cut the yarn, and I'll have to wind another ball before I start working again.  Sigh.

Edited to add a photo!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006 07:39:54 AM by binkin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alicia333
« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2006 09:37:44 AM »

Should the sweater measure out to the finished measurements before or after blocking?
Thanks,
Alicia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: December 08, 2006 09:54:40 PM »

Alicia333--I'm pretty sure after.
binkin--pretty purple!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
corynlee
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2006 07:19:11 PM »

aah! it's officially 5 months since i started this knitalong, and my sweater has been off the needles for over 2 months now waiting to be seamed. i hate seaming. but i did (finally) get a digital camera, so hopefully that will motivate me to finish. i only have about half a sleeve and the left side to seam up, (plus all the buttons to pick out and sew on) but i've started knitting a forecast for myself in the meantime, and that's much more alluring than seaming up my central park.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Keletubbie

Knittin' like I mean it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2006 01:49:55 AM »

I'm half a sleeve in and amazed by what a quick pattern this is. I am using Debbie Bliss Merino Aran (twas on sale, naturally) in a soft grey and it seriously looks like something pricey from Gap.

I am hoping to finish up by Christmas so that my mum will seam it up for me... I hate finishing and she's good at it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my blog. Comments make us all happy:

http://purlfriday.blogspot.com
carmenpilar
« Reply #197 on: December 17, 2006 09:52:32 AM »

Hello Guys:
  I have been lurking for a while and decide it's time to post my progress. I'm in awe on how great your sweaters have come out. I hope my looks as great as the ones posted here. I have finish the back and the front parts and I have started the sleeves. Today I block so I can join the shoulders.  wasn't to sure if I should joined them without blocking but I went ahead. My question for you guys is how did you pick up the 11 stchs on the neck,in other word do you pick up on every other stitch? Thanks for your help.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/csalaberrios/325007917/in/set-72157594306435479/

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Keletubbie

Knittin' like I mean it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: January 01, 2007 07:26:17 AM »

I am making progress! I have finished two sleeves and the back is only about 2 inches from completion. There's a little bit of an issue with having enough yarn (I have managed to track more down online, it's a discontinued colour of DB Merino Aran) but I hope to finish soon!

Here's a few progress pics...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my blog. Comments make us all happy:

http://purlfriday.blogspot.com
zzjulia
New Knitter Attempts Blog

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2007 01:44:23 PM »

Looks wonderful!  That DB Merino aran has great stitch definition.  I started mine yesterday and am halfway through a sleeve (ie, my gauge swatch!).  I'm using Cascade 220 Quatro in a raspberry and I'm love with this pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watch, Pass, or Rent: Tron: Legacy
Creating Shadows on the Wall
How to Edit with Final Cut Pro
Johnny Depp In Depth
Olivia Wilde - TRON: Legacy
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...