A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,656
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knitscene's central park hoodie  (Read 74903 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

binkin
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2006 07:15:36 AM »

I may be too late to join in on this, but I finally got a copy of the magazine over Thanksgiving and I've got some Jameson's Shetland in Aster that I'm planning to use.  I will probably cast on later today and work on it between all my holiday knitting.  The gauge swatch (came out perfect) was turned into a catnip-filled cat toy that my cat and kitten are fighting over.  Guess I'll have to make them another one soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2006 09:33:43 AM »

I'm still working on it too.  The long weekend (made longer by 2 snow days - woo hoo) has helped progress.  I'm almost done with the first sleeve then I'll have to do the DREADED seaming.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
lilacbutterfly
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2006 03:53:28 PM »

I didn't want to make this at first, but after seeing everyone's great versions, I decided to try it.  I haven't really done cabling before, just with Fetching, so it will be interesting.  It might take me a while, I have 3 kids, and I don't work on complicated stuff with them around.  I got gauge, so I'll be starting soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lawral
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2006 07:49:59 PM »

thanks for the compliments guys!

indieanajess - the thumbholes were actually really easy. i looked at a few storebought shirts with thumbholes (yay delia's!) and they put them right on the seam. basically, i just added extra length to the sleeves when i knit them and then left a hole when i seamed them up. they gained their roundish shape just from the way the ribbing pulls the sleeve. i did whipstitch around the hole for some extra durability (and as a way to carry the seaming yarn around the hole so i wouldn't have to weave in the ends). the hardest part, i thought, was making them match, but then i have that problem with everything vaguely symmetrical. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daizyduke
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2006 09:30:02 PM »

Hi. I have a question on this pattern. I just started tonite. I am starting with the sleeves. I  did the ribbing and have started the cabling. It says while doing the cabling at the same time to increase on both ends every 8th row. First question is, should I increase into the very first and very last stitches? Or should I knit one, increase, knit till one stitch is left, increase, knit 1? Next question, it says every 8th row. This would be a wrong side row. What increase should I use on a purl row? Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2006 11:08:09 PM »

Yeah, you might want to k1, then increase, since you need a nice edge for seaming. Also, you don't have to increase on a wrong side if you don't want to--just stick an extra row in there and increase on the right side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
jlp
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2006 07:45:52 AM »

Glad to see others are still working on this! I swatched this weeks ago, but just cast on last night. I only had my 6s available, so got through the ribbing on the back and both front sides. After working on a neverending k2p2 ribbed scarf, this just flew by.

I loved the green in original and need to branch out from my usual black or tan sweaters, so I'm using KnitPicks Swish Superwash in Dublin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ebeth
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2006 07:12:32 PM »

wow everyone's sweaters look so fabulous...someday i will actually get to start working on mine...did anyone use yarn that wasnt wool? i just cant figure out what yarn to use (i cant wear wool)...if anyone has any suggestions i would be eternally grateful! (i am horrible at substitutions)  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i do personal swaps...  check out my admired objects www.wists.com/ebeth
zzjulia
New Knitter Attempts Blog

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2006 04:16:30 PM »

here it is!
i also added some length to the sleeves so that i could make thumbholes on the seams.

i love it.

This is brilliant!  It looks wonderful on you.  I just picked up my pattern and yarn last week...a little late to the KAL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixiepurls
Knitting, Spinning & Podcasting

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 30, 2006 07:31:07 PM »

lawral, what yarn did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blog:          http://www.pixiepurls.com
Knitting Podcast:     http://podcast.pixiepurls.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Author Bob Woodward Discusses the Economic Crisis
Bob Woodward on America’s Future
Tim Federle on His Debut Novel, Better Nate Than Ever
Simon Sinek Explains When an Idea Is Worth Turning Into a Book
John Hodgman On His Book, That Is All
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...