A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
410 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knitscene's central park hoodie  (Read 59530 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

binkin
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2006 07:15:36 AM »

I may be too late to join in on this, but I finally got a copy of the magazine over Thanksgiving and I've got some Jameson's Shetland in Aster that I'm planning to use.  I will probably cast on later today and work on it between all my holiday knitting.  The gauge swatch (came out perfect) was turned into a catnip-filled cat toy that my cat and kitten are fighting over.  Guess I'll have to make them another one soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2006 09:33:43 AM »

I'm still working on it too.  The long weekend (made longer by 2 snow days - woo hoo) has helped progress.  I'm almost done with the first sleeve then I'll have to do the DREADED seaming.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
lilacbutterfly
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2006 03:53:28 PM »

I didn't want to make this at first, but after seeing everyone's great versions, I decided to try it.  I haven't really done cabling before, just with Fetching, so it will be interesting.  It might take me a while, I have 3 kids, and I don't work on complicated stuff with them around.  I got gauge, so I'll be starting soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lawral
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2006 07:49:59 PM »

thanks for the compliments guys!

indieanajess - the thumbholes were actually really easy. i looked at a few storebought shirts with thumbholes (yay delia's!) and they put them right on the seam. basically, i just added extra length to the sleeves when i knit them and then left a hole when i seamed them up. they gained their roundish shape just from the way the ribbing pulls the sleeve. i did whipstitch around the hole for some extra durability (and as a way to carry the seaming yarn around the hole so i wouldn't have to weave in the ends). the hardest part, i thought, was making them match, but then i have that problem with everything vaguely symmetrical. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daizyduke
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2006 09:30:02 PM »

Hi. I have a question on this pattern. I just started tonite. I am starting with the sleeves. I  did the ribbing and have started the cabling. It says while doing the cabling at the same time to increase on both ends every 8th row. First question is, should I increase into the very first and very last stitches? Or should I knit one, increase, knit till one stitch is left, increase, knit 1? Next question, it says every 8th row. This would be a wrong side row. What increase should I use on a purl row? Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2006 11:08:09 PM »

Yeah, you might want to k1, then increase, since you need a nice edge for seaming. Also, you don't have to increase on a wrong side if you don't want to--just stick an extra row in there and increase on the right side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
jlp
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2006 07:45:52 AM »

Glad to see others are still working on this! I swatched this weeks ago, but just cast on last night. I only had my 6s available, so got through the ribbing on the back and both front sides. After working on a neverending k2p2 ribbed scarf, this just flew by.

I loved the green in original and need to branch out from my usual black or tan sweaters, so I'm using KnitPicks Swish Superwash in Dublin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ebeth
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2006 07:12:32 PM »

wow everyone's sweaters look so fabulous...someday i will actually get to start working on mine...did anyone use yarn that wasnt wool? i just cant figure out what yarn to use (i cant wear wool)...if anyone has any suggestions i would be eternally grateful! (i am horrible at substitutions)  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i do personal swaps...  check out my admired objects www.wists.com/ebeth
zzjulia
New Knitter Attempts Blog

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2006 04:16:30 PM »

here it is!
i also added some length to the sleeves so that i could make thumbholes on the seams.

i love it.

This is brilliant!  It looks wonderful on you.  I just picked up my pattern and yarn last week...a little late to the KAL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixiepurls
Knitting, Spinning & Podcasting

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 30, 2006 07:31:07 PM »

lawral, what yarn did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blog:          http://www.pixiepurls.com
Knitting Podcast:     http://podcast.pixiepurls.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Picks for Sulfate-Free Shampoos
Home Remedies for Dandruff
Zooey Deschanel 60s Updo Tutorial
How to Do a Chic Curly Updo
How to Style a Festive Bow Hairdo
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...