A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,181
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knitscene's central park hoodie  (Read 66023 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mrgrita
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2006 02:27:08 PM »

Thanks! I was totally smitten with the color and the price.  It's Cascade 220, The Heathers wool yarn in bluish-green color #9451.  My test swatch suggested that the guage was way off, but somehow I figured out the math and figured if I made it the size bigger it should work.  It worked!  yay!
I love my new sweater:)
~m
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykate
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2006 03:29:55 PM »

I'm seeing a trip to the yarn store for some cascade 220 in my future. I was going to do it in a Paton's classic wool shade of green, but they were all out and I didn't like the other greens they had.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2006 04:40:23 PM »

Oooh, I was just ogling the Cascade Heathers. Love it! That color looks fantastic with your hair, mrgrita. I like the shiny buttons too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
lawral
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2006 09:21:42 AM »

i finished! i even finished in time to wear it on the plane home...if you count sewing the buttons on in the car on the way to the airport and only weaving in the ends that show from the outside finished. i do!

i made it back to my parent's house last night and my 15yr old sister asked me where i bought it cause she wants one! i think this is the first thing i've even made that doesn't necessarly look homemade. so exciting! hopefully i'll have some pics before the weekend's out. want to take advantage of dad's super nice digicam to show off the details.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lawral
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2006 10:49:35 PM »

here it is!

i made some mods, the biggest one being the hood. i continued the cable up the back but without the purls so it would fade out more smoothly at the top. i did the decreases as written in the pattern starting them right after a cable row so i wouldn't have to worry too much about cabling a different number of stitches at the top. the way the decreases pull it in, the cables kind of just work into themselves and fade into nothing at the seam. of course you can't see that though cause the pointiness of the hood flops over in the back. oh well.

i also added some length to the sleeves so that i could make thumbholes on the seams.

i love it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 02:35:20 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2006 10:51:35 PM »

lawral - omg i love it! i adore the color and the buttons and basically everything about it! i want it so bad!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
MissLulu
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2006 09:08:14 AM »

it looks amazing! great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2006 09:28:22 AM »

Oh, man... I was just about ready to give up on mine, but Lawral's looks so good... All right, I'm going to have to make this work. (Somehow, even though I measured and measured and measured, and held the pieces up against each other, I made the front pieces different lengths, from each other AND from the back, and only noticed when I went to sew them together. I'm going to have to rip back to the armhole shaping. Grr.) Nice job, Lawral!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
Alyssa615
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2006 01:32:30 PM »

Wow, everyone's looks great! I'm still working on mine...still. I just got more yarn for it though over the weekend, and I'm a few inches from finishing the back, so I expect the it will be finished shortly. That is, if I don't run out of yarn again....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indieanajess
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2006 07:01:17 AM »

Holy crap! Thumbholes! Were those difficult?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The frontal lobe is where it's at!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Football Themed Manicures
Celebrity Perfume Scent Test: Rihanna Vs. Taylor Swift
Celebrity Perfume Scent Test: Jessica Simpson Vs. Rihanna
Celebrity Perfume Scent Test: Snooki Vs. Rihanna
Celebrity Perfume Scent Test: Snooki Vs. Jay Z
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...