A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 312,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knitscene's central park hoodie  (Read 70460 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #330 on: August 26, 2007 08:02:44 AM »

I finished mine a loooooong time ago but I was in the original KAL and never got around to posting pics.

If you're interested, I have one of the FO here.

« Reply #331 on: August 27, 2007 07:23:11 AM »

It's been 95+ degrees and humid for the past 2 weeks and every morning I look at my CPH and sigh 'cause I miss it Wink

« Reply #332 on: August 28, 2007 04:11:57 AM »

What's  the difficulty level on this one (and where to get the pattern)? It's so pretty, but the cables scare me, since I've never done them before..eeek!

« Reply #333 on: August 28, 2007 06:11:15 AM »

You can order back issues of Knitscene on the Interweave Knits website. This pattern is very simple, and cables are very easy. I urge you to give cables a try on a swatch and once you see how easy they are, you are going to be itching to make this pattern!

« Reply #334 on: August 28, 2007 09:58:58 AM »

Its been hot here too- luckily it isnt a full sized sweater draped over me as i knit, just small pieces (i finished tyhed back during a short cold spell we had) 

Missknitty- this is such an incredibley easy pattern its ridiculous, i actually said "thats it?" thinking there would be more to these cables.  It just flys by, and you can be on the internet or was movies while you do this one, it doesnt require too much attention once you get a few rows worked to set you up in pattern

My progress0 im about11 inches into the first arm- i knit so much the other night my whole hand cramped up. yikes! i felt like an arthritic old woman (im 25) Well.... im off to knit again! goodluck everyone!
Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #335 on: August 28, 2007 05:09:05 PM »

missknitty> I got the mag from the interweave website at the begining of the summer, it came really fast! They were great! If you need to order it, I reccomend going to the source.

FrogPuddle> I am so encouraged! Now I really have to swatch! I found this great yarn at my LYS and I bought a bit so I think I will be swatching with it, that way I can get one of these great sweaters for myself!!

Can't wait to see pics gang.... I will include my own when I have a few! Cheesy

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
« Reply #336 on: September 06, 2007 09:29:43 AM »

A question?

I've been seeing the phrase 'the pattern knits too small' - i.e. to quote a poster on ravelry "The pattern does run small - I knit the 40" and it's just a smidge too big."

My chest is 34" and I was eyeing the 36" - so with this in mind, should I do the 40" instead?

Am doing this in Rowan All Seasons cotton, because I can't bear any wool other than buttery soft merino. Since I know that merino will pill easily, I'm opting to do it in the cotton/acrylic - it's just a better option for me. I hear that it holds cabling well, and I can throw the top in the machine. As soon as I get my order, I will cast on.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007 09:50:03 AM by cranberry » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #337 on: September 06, 2007 03:33:07 PM »

Ok, you put my mind at ease a bit Tongue I just ordered the back issue, and I'm pondering if I'll use some Malabrigo worsted merino that I'll be getting soon. Hmmm...

« Reply #338 on: September 06, 2007 07:01:46 PM »

I'm just about ready to cast on for this, I can hardly wait.  I've got some beautiful violet peace fleece.  I've read in a couple places on the official knitalong about knitting this in one piece - does anyone have a link to how to do this?  Is there one?  If it's handy, I'd love someone to pass it along, rather than read through all 34 pages of this KAL!  thanks...
« Reply #339 on: September 07, 2007 09:29:05 AM »

whoo! i have the arms and fronts and back done, now for the hood- 3 days till vacation, will i make it?  I hate seaming, but must power through it!

midwifemamma- i read through all of the pages and one of the people did do it in one piece, and it looked great!  Im not sure which page it was on though, sorry.

Cranberry- this definatley has been said to be knit small, but i just looked at the finished products on people and picked the person with a body type as close to mine and you can tell which size they made (if they dont say) by the space between the front cables.  Im a 36" bust and im making the 36", but i want it really fitted (i also lengthend mine by 2") and i am using lion brand woolease which seems to expand, haha.  I guess it depends on your yarn characteristics and how tight you want it?

And now for *another* all day knitathon! whoooo! (i took two days off to make a kitty condo for my terror of a kitten while we are gone)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Message to Librarians from Mac Barnett
Reynolds Price Reveals Her Motto
Blair Underwood Talks About In the Night of the Heat
Meet Illustrator and Author Kadir Nelson
Meet Author Shirley Corriher
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...