A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knitscene's central park hoodie  (Read 60678 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

corynlee
« on: July 08, 2006 01:13:54 AM »

i would love to make this project, but i have a hard time finishing things. anyone interested? here's two views...

http://www.knitscene.com/images/projects/2006/urbancphoodie.jpg

http://www.knitscene.com/images/bonus/2006/13-central-park-hoodie.jpg

(i plan on substituting rowan yorkshire tweed that i found on sale.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykt
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006 01:10:55 PM »

ooo...I love this sweater, but I have way too much on the needles at the moment to join the KAL!  I even bought the magazine a couple weeks back.

I'll be watching to see how everyone does and I am tentatively scheduling myself to start this sweater this fall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art doesn't transform. It just plain forms."
-Roy Lichtenstein
corynlee
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006 02:36:42 PM »

ooo...I love this sweater, but I have way too much on the needles at the moment to join the KAL!  I even bought the magazine a couple weeks back.

I'll be watching to see how everyone does and I am tentatively scheduling myself to start this sweater this fall!

i have many projects started, but i had to put everything aside when i saw this. i had already bought the rowan yarn on sale and i was looking for a project to use it on, and this is going to work perfectly. i am so excited
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SRU2004
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006 05:00:14 PM »

I would be interested in doing a KAL with this hoodie, but I need yarn substitution ideas.  The Donegal Tweed is just outta my price range.  I was thinking Knitpicks Wool of hte Andes or another Knitpicks yarn, but was wondering what others thought about this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Anita~~
corynlee
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006 06:48:07 PM »

I would be interested in doing a KAL with this hoodie, but I need yarn substitution ideas.  The Donegal Tweed is just outta my price range.  I was thinking Knitpicks Wool of hte Andes or another Knitpicks yarn, but was wondering what others thought about this?

yeah, i think wool of the andes looks like it would work. the pattern calls for 17 stitches over 4 inches (4.25 stitches per inch). it looks like most of the yarn in the worsted/heavy worsted category would work. by the way, knitpicks yarn is such a great deal. wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MarIce
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006 07:12:54 AM »

Is that in the latest issue? I have a hard time finding this magazine so I'd probably have to order it. I couldn't find a 'preview' function on that site to see which issue it's in.

Thanks!:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~M
Keletubbie

Knittin' like I mean it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006 09:46:00 AM »

Excellent! A knit a long!

I bought the wool for this today - we don't see Tahki yarns here in the UK too often so I got some Debbie Bliss aran in the John Lewis Sale this afternoon...

I'm using shade 105, a lovely soft grey.

Unfortunately, I can't cast on until I finish Rogue - I have reached hood point though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my blog. Comments make us all happy:

http://purlfriday.blogspot.com
corynlee
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006 02:28:46 PM »

Is that in the latest issue? I have a hard time finding this magazine so I'd probably have to order it. I couldn't find a 'preview' function on that site to see which issue it's in.

Thanks!:)

this pattern is from the latest issue. here's a link to the projects page in the current issue:

http://www.knitscene.com/2006/projects.asp
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykt
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006 09:23:44 PM »

ok, I think that I have just discovered a perfect sub for this pattern!  And it is on the cheap!

http://www.shopcaron.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=214

I bought six skeins while I was "browsing" at Joann's tonight, but just realized that it won't be enough, so I'll have to swing by again tomorrow to see if they have more...

probably won't start this for a while still, but I just had to share my discovery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art doesn't transform. It just plain forms."
-Roy Lichtenstein
jane_101
I'll do it now in a minute.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006 04:43:36 AM »

I'm in!  I got my magazine and yarn last week, I've swatched and got gauge first time, wooo!  Cool

I'm not allowed to start on it until the 25th though, as the yarn and pattern are my birthday present and I don't want to have nothing 'new' on the day so it's a self-imposed wait for me.  Oh well, it should hopefully be worth it!

I'll post pics of my yarn (Rowanspun Aran in colour 971 (Heath)) soon.   Looking forwards to knitting-along Smiley

Jane Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie
How to Boil Blue Crabs
How to Carve a Turkey - In The Kitchen
The Rookie Cook: How to Cook Bacon
Shrimp Creole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...