A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where is the coolest place you've ever knit?  (Read 1317 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melosond
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006 09:42:12 PM »

On a ferry to Orkney (an island north of Scotland)! (It's possible that was the coolest just because I love Orkney so much).

Or one of many trains in Scotland...

In the basement of a pub during a music jam.

In a traffic jam.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

diosaperdida
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006 12:52:40 AM »

Mine is boring...coolest place I have knitted. cabin in the woods..place I would like to knit...cabin in the woods..again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
spitbubbleluv
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006 08:14:58 AM »

On Mt. Etna, the highest most active volcano in Europe.  And often in the car as we drive through the Sicilian countryside.  Maybe it doesn't count because I live somewhere cool, so technically everything I do is done in a cool location.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
finecraftnerd

may knit while driving...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2006 08:34:08 AM »

ooh!! I have a  picture for this one!

Spring break last year my family went to the Bahamas! I had to bring my knitting because I was working on a project for school. This picture was taken on a short cruse from Paradise Island to Rose Island. It was 10am and everyone else on the boat was drinking. 

I have also knit in a small cabin in the woods in the Transylvanian (North West) Part of Romania...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raised in the suburbs by eccentrics and nerds...

Etsy Store:
http://ChelseaEBird.etsy.com

My jewelry website:
www.ChelseaEBird.co m
Pippienna
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2006 08:54:51 AM »

This summer I went on an archaeological field school in Belize for a month, in quite literally the middle of nowhere... the site was in a nature reserve, and our closest neighbours were Mennonites. Big tarantulas, big scorpions, crazy spiky jungle territory... and there I was, in my mosquito net, hiding from flocks of winged termites, knitting a sock (Hedera) from recycled cotton. I didn't get as much done as I wanted to - turns out I was busier with exploring the environment than I thought I'd be - but I did finish one sock. I'm still working on the second.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shallelerilla
The world is pretty f*cked up, shouldn't I be too?

Michael Franti is a sexy beast.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2006 09:29:43 AM »

Ok you all kick the crud outta what I've done. The only remotly cool place I've knitted was while in the trunk of my boyfriend's car because the other seats were full and I volunteered to "trunk". I've also knitted a pair of boxers for the Boy while sitting under my teacher's desk at school.  Grin My dream place to knit? The Tokyo Tower!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I have never seen two people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE. "Hey, buddy!" "Hey, what?" "Ummmmmmm...." End of argument." --Bill Hicks

I draw things!! http://Http://kakumeika.deviantart.com
sillysausage
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006 12:38:26 PM »

I don't knit but i couldn't resist this i have never thought about being crafty anywhere other than home so next time i nip into Edinburgh I'm going to sit in the Princes Street Gardens there really nice on a sunny day (rare considering it's Scotland lol) and do something other than people watch Cheesy
Lauren
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meriellyn
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006 01:12:16 PM »

Wow, everyone has way mroe interesting knitting adventures than me it seems. Give me time, though. Wink

On that extreme knitting link there was mention of "skinny knitting" and I've certainly done that since I can't stand getting dressed until thoroughally dry (and hate getting dressed when I don't have to anyway) so I often lie around in the birthday suit knitting.

The most interesting place I've knit lately is at the IMAX theater watching Superman in 3D with my boyfriend and some friends. The friends thought I was a bit batty but were really impressed that I knit a whole hat during the movie. Cheesy
Oh, and I've knit on the tailgate of a truck while steaming oysters outside a cabin on a military base. That's almost interesting.

I'd like to knit by a little creek in the mountains in NC. And in a rocking chair on the porch of a house I own (or by a pool behind said house).

My favorite place to knit currently is lying on my couch at my boyfriend's house while he lays on the other couch reading. My brother says we have an "old people living room" since we moved the TV out into the spare bedroom and now we spend most of our spare time reading, knitting, crocheting, and chatting rather than staring at useless tv we don't even care to watch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

canarysanctuary
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2006 01:19:24 PM »

meriellyn:  It seems you and I have the same kind of favourite place to knit!  I knit constantly when I'm at my boyfriend's house, sitting on one couch, while he sits on the other reading from his laptop. 
Great idea knitting in the movies - this can be a new way to make useful hours which would normally be wasted doing something you don't really want to! (how did you knit in the dark?  I'm very impressed!)
Though, there's these knifty little gadgets now:
http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060427/OPINION03/604270388/1005/LIFESTYLE
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am because my little bird knows me."
http://canaryknits.blogspot.com/

"Gentlemen! We can't *all* be the Honey-Nut Cheerios honeybee!" -Crow
meriellyn
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2006 03:29:19 PM »

I make hats! I usually have a simple hat going on some 16" circs. I do the brim (ribbing/seed/etc) then leave it for the movies because I can do stockinette in the round without looking at it. I usually don't make it to the decreases but it's not too hard to do them in low-light since I already have the stitch markers in. Or course once it comes down to DPNs I must have the light.
I wasn't really interested in seeing the Superman movie except that it was at the IMAX so I made sure I had my knitting so I had something to entertain myself with just in case. Turned out to be a decent movie but I think I would have gotten bored without my hat. This time it was a white one I plan on making into a Hello Kitty hat. Smiley I've yet to try duplicate stitch and have only picked up stitches once so finishing this one should be interesting.

I'm glad I had my socks and afghan to work on last night since the boy suckered me into enduring The 13th Warrior *uuuuuugh*

I'd love to see a set of those needles! They'd be perfect for movies at home since we end up leaving the light on so I can do more than just the hats. Too bad there aren't circs or dpns though. Glow in the dark DPNs might work without needing the LEDs. Hmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Silhouette Art Piece
How to Make Confetti
How to Make a 3-D Paper Snowflake
How to Win a Staring Contest
How to Win a Pie Eating Contest
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...