A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,294
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Girls Victorian Coat  (Read 3138 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Glaistig
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005 06:12:12 PM »

Your coat and hat are quite lovely.  The b/w picture looks very vintage-y, which I love.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MuseGimm
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005 08:44:01 PM »

Hello MuseGimm here

I just joined today, there are many beautiful things on this forum, and I think I'm crochetglycemic LOL, your project is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, May I please have the pattern for my 4 yr, old I'm a mother of seven and I Taught my self to crochet a long time ago.....and Have never seen anything so beautiful

eternally grateful

Ivanna
Hello MuseGimm here

I just joined today, there are many beautiful things on this forum, and I think I'm crochetglycemic LOL, your project is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, May I please have the pattern for my 4 yr, old I'm a mother of seven and I Taught my self to crochet a long time ago.....and Have never seen anything so beautiful

eternally grateful

Ivanna
"To Thine Ownself be True"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jeaniebeanie123
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005 11:38:06 PM »

Thanks - It is from the November 2003 Crochet Magazine. I used (1+ a little) Lion Brand Pound of Love Yarn in Antique White, so it cost me like $8 to make. It is my first attempt at following a pattern so I did not want to use an expensive yarn. But since I like it so much I am worried about how it will hold up. The pattern called for Alpaca, which I have never used, since I am highly allergic to wool and do not know if it has the same rash inducing properties:) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The mere thought hadn't even begun to speculate about the merest possibility of crossing my mind."
Douglas Adams
quietuspixi
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005 05:07:11 PM »

this is just the most amazing crocheting project i've ever seen! and the hat does make it as well!!!! Grin
hell i'd love a coat like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wristcraft

A Craft a Day Keeps the Therapist Away!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005 05:16:00 PM »

This is just beautiful! And I love the photo. She's got such a Victorian look on her face, too.

Hello MuseGimm here

eternally grateful

Ivanna
MuseGimm----you are amazing! Mother of SEVEN (are you insane?!), time to crochet AND browse Craftster? You are my idol. Now go get some sleep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeaniebeanie123
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005 11:42:41 AM »

Absolutely adorable!  I have the coat pattern and would love the hat pattern if you can share it.  Thanks for the post.

Smiley pinkleo

I just started off like a plain hat for the crown then started the pattern of the coat for the sides of the hat and finished off w/ reverse sc like the coat. I hope that helps, I just kind of winged it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The mere thought hadn't even begun to speculate about the merest possibility of crossing my mind."
Douglas Adams
MuseGimm
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005 10:15:09 AM »

Thank you so much, I'm proud of my Lucky Seven, "smile", and your baby is beautiful, I know I'm an expert "smile", I couldn't however find the crochet pattern for the coat on that web site Huh could you help my email is motherx1@juno.com, If you please ......

Kudos Ivanna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2005 05:27:18 PM »

how funny, i thought that was the original picture of the coat and not a model at all! she looks just like the pictures they used to take back then, not smiling, you know?

adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Does THX Mean?
How to Make a Video
Last-Minute Preproduction
Why Film?
LIZ PD15: Film Comparisons
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Toddler Teething Cookies
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...