A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,683
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fill A Purse Swap Gallery!!!  (Read 23538 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2006 08:21:13 PM »

Okay, I just went and checked out the Flat Rate boxes and all they say is "one price regardless of weight for delivery anywhere in the US" and "any amount of mailable material may be enclosed, as long as the box is not modified, and the contents fit inside."

So they shouldn't charge you any more money as long as your stuff all fit inside without modifying the box!  Sometimes mine are tight, but I just tape them up and never have been questioned yet.  If they charge extra, I would be tempted to complain. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grovermj
Who needs men when there's Craftster???

This, my friends, is the exception to the rule...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2006 07:24:42 AM »

Shocked You know, I think you're right...  I looked at it online when I was trying to decide UPS or USPS.  I was really surprised when kiggy said they didn't want to take it... (I'm not sure, but I think she gave him that sad-eyed look like Puss-in-Boots in Shrek2.  LOL)  I still haven't heard from PinkDreams21 so I have no way of knowing.  But, this box was NOT modified...  bulging, yes but not modified in any way.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grandmas are moms with a lot of practice and a bit more patience!

My Wists   http://www.wists.com/grovermj
Sweetttart3

Tea and Cake or Death

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2006 09:10:34 AM »

I recieved from mcorwin and I am so friggin happy! I love everything! It all came in this very roomy felted wool bag. Sorry the pic is a bit blurry.

Inside was all kinds of goodies! Some Burts soap and cream, a make a wish necklace, photo cards, a tea pot charm bracelet, a knitted phone cozy, and (i think) a shower mit.

Some cinnamon teas, hand tied teas that I can't wait to try, lavender seeds, and altoids.

And a Cherry lemonade candle on a very cute tea pot holder.

I love everything so much! Mcorwin rocks my world!!!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn the man, Save the Empire!

http://www.wists.com/Sweetttart3

I wanna personal swap!
grovermj
Who needs men when there's Craftster???

This, my friends, is the exception to the rule...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2006 04:09:32 PM »

Cheesy  How cute!   Cheesy  I like them all!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grandmas are moms with a lot of practice and a bit more patience!

My Wists   http://www.wists.com/grovermj
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2006 05:21:08 PM »

I'm hoping that Halidays gets my purse on monday -crossing fingers-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alliknits
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2006 05:37:37 PM »

Another beautiful felt bag!  I sent today and the expected arrival is Monday!  Yay!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2006 08:29:38 PM »

I just got done looking through this gallery- you ladies have done amazing work! Please tell me there will be another round, I'm just slightly obsessed with purses.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2006 09:56:18 PM »

OK, I recieved from halblingefrau today!!!  Shocked Holy amazing loot, Batman! Shocked  Check it out:

(I have a ton of pics to put up but I'm only doing three tonight because I'm wicked tired and I still have to resize all of the pics on photobucket.  I've already done these three)

I asked for a black purse with a pink skull.  I don't usually request something that specific, but I really, really wanted one.  Here's what she sent me:

This purse ROCKS.  There's a bunch of pockets and a key fob on the inside, which is lined with the coolest pink polkadot fabric!  The outside is black corderoy (sp?).

The inside:

Everything in it:

WOW....she post stalks so well. Grin  There are Aqua Teen mirrors, a Slytherin box with a pic of Snape and a Slytherin crest decoupaged in it, and a bracelet inside with a key on it.  The tag on the bracelet said "The key to Snape's heart?"  lol    There was another box with a pic of Audrey Hepburn decoupaged on it, and it says "Tara's treasures".  And then inside there was a toothpick knitting pin from my wists (original made by ax174 for the one tiny thing round 4 swap), and a BEAUTIFUL kanzashi flower button, made out of mesh type fabric.  There's a knitted alien dishcloth, which my husband thought was pretty cool (not the normal "Huh? Oh, nice.  My golf swing isn't working..."  lol )  A couple of pouches, one made out of the same fabric as the bag, and the other is knitted with a skull and crossbones.
There were toys for my furbabies - catnip eggroll and fortune cookie for my kitties, and a bone for Snuffles - I tried getting pics of them in action, but Snuffy turned away, and my kitty Lucius kept trying to lick the camera.  Sigh...  There was also a very cool babysitter's info pad, which has a space for them to rate your kids and put down whether they'd ever babysit again.  lol  A complaint memo pad, a kitty mousepad calendar, a couple of magnets, a grow your own flamingo, cool pink sparkly yarn, some sweet shoelaces, and a box of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, which I am so tempted to give to my kids, just to laugh at their faces, but I think that would probably be bad parenting...  lol  If I eat one too, it's not, though. Right? Grin

Thanks so much, halblingefrau!!!  You rock!  And thanks, hardcoremothball, for organizing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
bonbonz101
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2006 01:44:25 PM »

Oh my gosh! It looks like everyone received some GREAT stuff while I was away! Since I was in the middle-of-no-where Vermont and did not have my sewing machine with me, I plan on finishing Kmac's purse tonight (all the innards are all set to go, and the only thing that needs to be sewn is the handle of the purse!). I realize that it's late, and I'm very sorry about that.. everything will be going out first thing Monday, though!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from a long hiatus!
PM me about personal swaps Tongue

Wists: http://www.wists.com/bonbonz101
Style blog: http://mypolychromelife.blogspot.com
Check out my vintage Etsy store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6023310

Smiley
halblingefrau

Skillz. I has dem.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2006 07:10:42 PM »

kahluakiggy, I am SO happy you liked everything.  And you laid everything out so cute!  Looks like a professional photo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog | Wists

PM me for personal swaps.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Make Fried Chicken Steak Sandwich with Homemade Onion Rings
Learn how to Make Fried Chicken Steak with Mashed Potatoes and White Gravy
Learn how to Finish an Apple and Vidalia Onion Upside Down Cake
Learn how to Bake an Apple and Vidalia Onion Upside Down Cake
Learn how to Cook with Vidalia Onion
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...