A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,604
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vegan Pavlova - anyone know how?  (Read 4530 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rosie.ok
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006 03:21:03 AM »

go to the health food store. you should be able to get egg white substitutes.-do ask though cause they might have animal products in.
i've recently had to change my diet for health reasons so i've had to get really creative trying to find recipies that are- gluten free,lactose free, low sugar, low fat, organic meats, no caffeine(means no choccies Angry ) most stuffs ok its the sweets that i really miss Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KeenKitty
Accident free since...what time is it?

Because everyone loves a muppet...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006 09:14:01 AM »

DUde try going vegan and eating organic.  Its like the healthiest diet in the world.

Meat has cholesterol

even organic meat.

And just because its organic doesn't meat its humane   Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillianb
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006 01:17:51 PM »

go to the health food store. you should be able to get egg white substitutes.-do ask though cause they might have animal products in.
i've recently had to change my diet for health reasons so i've had to get really creative trying to find recipies that are- gluten free,lactose free, low sugar, low fat, organic meats, no caffeine(means no choccies Angry ) most stuffs ok its the sweets that i really miss Cry
  You might find the Food Allergy Survival Guide Helpfulhttp://www.foodallergysurvivalguide.com/.  Also, if you like quickbreads (pumpkin, zucchini, etc.) those hold up best gluten-free and low fat.  The denser texture that gluten-free flours tend to lend to baked goods work with quickbreads in ways they just don't with regular bread or rolls.

& I have to admit it.  I keep reading these pavlova recipes online and am thoroughly confused.  Is it literally meringue stuffed with marshmallow that is baked?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosie.ok
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006 02:02:50 AM »

thank you so much for the great link i've been trying to find good sites like this.

and dude i rarely eat that much red meat anyway LOL but i'm still getting used to this way of eating.

and yes i know organic doesn't mean humane but it does mean not stuffed with scary chemicals and hormones for fast growth which are creating a problem for me. pesticides used in fruit and veg growth also cause the same problem too!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006 02:56:22 AM »

You might find the Food Allergy Survival Guide Helpfulhttp://www.foodallergysurvivalguide.com/.  Also, if you like quickbreads (pumpkin, zucchini, etc.) those hold up best gluten-free and low fat.  The denser texture that gluten-free flours tend to lend to baked goods work with quickbreads in ways they just don't with regular bread or rolls.

& I have to admit it.  I keep reading these pavlova recipes online and am thoroughly confused.  Is it literally meringue stuffed with marshmallow that is baked?

no! you cook meringue, traditionally in a kind of round, free-form patty shape. then when its cooked and cooled, you put whipped cream and fresh fruit on top. traditionally you use 'exotic' fruit. passionfruit, mango, strawberries, raspberries (they're exotic/ expensive in the southern hemisphere), kiwifruit.

alternatively, there is a variant that my mother makes, called 'pavlova log' (appetising...) where the meringue is baked in a baking tray and somehow it stays denser, and squishy, a bit like marshmallow. you tip it out of the tray, put the cream and fresh fruit on one half, then fold the meringue in half (it's not so brittle as ordinary meringue).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

allie-loki
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006 05:03:59 AM »

i saw some cook on the food network make a chocolate pavlova this week. she added cocoa powder and slivered chocolate to the meringue before baking it. it sounded really good.

weird how i had never hard about pavlovas before and now... two times in one week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillianb
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006 12:11:04 PM »

Ahhh . . . I get it.  Somehow it reminds me of Watergate salad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Garlic Infused Oil Recipe
How To Make Agedashi Tofu That Even A Tofu Skeptic Will Love
Green Mango Salad Recipe
Korean Barbecue Beef Recipe
Korean Barbecue Marinade Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...