A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
377 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Fetching" from Knitty: Summer 2006  (Read 39934 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 17, 2007 07:12:54 PM »

Oooh! Is this picture closer to the actual color than the previous? I hope so, because that's gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2007 08:30:18 AM »

all finished with my fetching... it matches and everything!!  i think the color is more accurate the second time around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

allerby

You gave me the best mix tape I have

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 25, 2007 08:38:00 PM »

Hey knitters!  I'm joining this KAL in hopes to keep me accountable for my Bday/Christmas knitting blitz-  sister's bday is in november, want to have these done by then, AND a considerable amount of other knitting.

Started the left hand.... so far not encountering any problems aside from learning how to use dpns AND cabling.  It's been fun!  I'll post a pic of my progress when I get a chance Smiley

PS I have LOVED some of the other fetchings I've seen... they're really inspiring Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Check out this awesome craft blog: http://deadladyyarn.wordpress.com/  (And I'm not just saying that because it's my BFF's Wink )
redwitch
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2007 03:18:00 AM »

Don't worry they are really easy and fast! These were my first project in the round and my first cables and I had no problems! I'd have to devote a lot of time to get a pair finished in two days, but four evenings of knitting would be sweet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
allerby

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 27, 2007 07:05:07 AM »

Don't worry they are really easy and fast! These were my first project in the round and my first cables and I had no problems! I'd have to devote a lot of time to get a pair finished in two days, but four evenings of knitting would be sweet.

Thanks for the encouragement!  I am almost done with the left hand (just have to finish the thumb), and so it's coming along quite nicely.... at the expense of studying for my exam today.... OH WELL right.  I love this project and I don't know if I can wait until November to give them to my sister!  I think I'm going to make these for a bunch of my friends, since they are so quick/easy/inexpensive.

I had to leave my knitting bag at home today in order to ensure that I would study for my test on breaks instead of knitting Wink  I'm fairly positive I'd be done if I weren't a college student with too many classes, a job, and too many clubs.  And I have to eat.  Lame! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out this awesome craft blog: http://deadladyyarn.wordpress.com/  (And I'm not just saying that because it's my BFF's Wink )
missknitty
« Reply #245 on: October 05, 2007 03:17:45 PM »

I've printed out the pattern and will make this my "in-between-all-other-WIPs" project...hehe. I love the look of these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missknitty
« Reply #246 on: October 05, 2007 06:22:34 PM »

Quick question (I'm almost there, couldn't help but cast on...hehe);

When the pattern says to knit 7 using waste yarn, does that mean cast on 7 with waste yarn and knit, or knit 7 sts you already have with waste yarn? Since the pattern is a 5 sts repeat, the number 7 doesn't make sense to me in the latter option....Huh

Oh, and I'm using Misti Alpaca Worsted in Rainforest (dark green) on US 5 DPNs - very nice!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007 08:11:49 PM by missknitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

allerby

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2007 09:42:14 PM »

Quick question (I'm almost there, couldn't help but cast on...hehe);

When the pattern says to knit 7 using waste yarn, does that mean cast on 7 with waste yarn and knit, or knit 7 sts you already have with waste yarn? Since the pattern is a 5 sts repeat, the number 7 doesn't make sense to me in the latter option....Huh

Oh, and I'm using Misti Alpaca Worsted in Rainforest (dark green) on US 5 DPNs - very nice!

knit the 7 stitches with waste yarn (ie don't cast on 7 new stitches)  don't tie them off anywhere; you'll take them out later and use the resulting hole as the base of the thumb!

In other news, I'm all done with my fetchings!  I'll add some pictures tomorrow or the next day, but I'm so proud of them (and the fact I did them in the 2 most busy weeks of my whole life!!) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missknitty
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2007 04:17:24 AM »

Hehe -I got obsessed with finishing, so I did the first option (which you conifrmed). One down! Of course, I spent a few hours last night on this, since I'd never knitted on DPNs before, but I'mvery happy with the result - even if I was not the fastest DPN knitter... Wink

And this Misti Alpaca is just SO soft - perfect for Fetching!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007 04:26:30 AM by missknitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

allerby

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 07, 2007 01:28:42 PM »

Oh fetching how I love you!

Here are some pics of one of my fetchings.  Sis's bday is in November, what shall I do till then!??!  I can't wait that long to give them to her!

Sorry that I wasn't feeling too inspired photographically speaking, but this is what you get!

Size 6 needles, using Bernat Cashmere (which is actually a cashmere/acrylic blend... more affordable you know) in Earth.  I ended up not quite having enough with one skein and went back and bought some more.  Oh well!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...