A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 303,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Fetching" from Knitty: Summer 2006  (Read 44453 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

Help!!! There are UFO's everywhere in my room!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 06, 2006 09:38:12 PM »

I took one glance at these mini gloves, and now I have to make it when I get the yarn!
It takes only one skein and a couple of days! Now that IS instant gratification!

Here's the site: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTfetching.html

I really like the green color she uses, but i'm wondering if a "k2tog bind-off would look nicer" instead of the traditional bind-off.

Who's in??  Cheesy

Knitting Blogger, designer, piano teacher, music composer, singer & mother to 3yr old twins!
>>Blog: www.knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com 
>>Ravelry ID: Knittyknitter
>>Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652480628149920/#
>>KUAS Podcasts: http://www.youtube.com/user/knittingupastorm
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006 10:09:14 PM »

Oh, I fell for these wristwarmers as soon as I saw them yesterday! I can't wait to make them too. I've been shopping for yarn on the internet tonight. Were you going to use the Debbie Bliss cashmerino? I was considering substituting Karabella's Aurora 8. I was afraid the cashmerino might not wash and wear as well considering it is going on the hands. I do like that green color she uses. I wish I didn't have to wait for yarn to be shipped to me. I'm anxious to start these.   Grin

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006 04:14:50 AM »

i wish i could make these.  i've never knitted any type of glove or handwarmers because i'm terrified of double pointed needles.  and cables.

my mom says there is nothing to worry about.
i may just go for it and give them a whirl.
they're too lovely to pass up!!!

"That's some bad hat, Harry."

you're goddamn right i made a blog. -  http://knit-me-shell-knit.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006 04:32:45 AM »

hm, try magic loop then. i also hate dpn-s, but magic loop is so simple and gives same results:))

about fetching, i so want them! and i have tons of lone skeins in my shash that would be perfect for this:)

Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.
Will knit for PJ pants:) PM me:)
Anyone interested in swapping Steve Jackson's "Munchkin" custom cards?
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006 09:03:09 AM »

I had to laugh a little when I read how you said magic loop is so simple. I've been knitting for quite a few years now and tried magic loop for the first time last night because I needed size 13 dpn and didn't have them. I ended up calling it nightmare loop because I found it so cumbersome and it stretched my stitches out. I know a lot of people like that method though. It's worth trying.  For me I'll stick to dpn  Grin
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006 09:08:08 AM by nightowl_too » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006 09:43:00 AM »

well, it stretches the stitches at the end of the every half-round (is that a word?Smiley), but i always pull the first stitch tighter then others, so it is okay, i also never pull the cord out in the same place twice, so no laddering there:) i tried dpns few times, but i just cant put my head around it. they keep falling out, making weird holes in my stitches, i can't join in round normally on them, i  can't hold them normally, i poked myself many times with them... i'm just anti-tallented for dpns, and with magic loop i only have one pair of needles. it probably takes a lot of practice, but for now, i find ML simpler. for now. i will master dpns eventually:D i hope:D

Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.
Will knit for PJ pants:) PM me:)
Anyone interested in swapping Steve Jackson's "Munchkin" custom cards?
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006 02:46:12 PM »

Ooh I started this yesterday morning on my carpool ride into work...
I have just a little left to do on the first one...these go fast and are FUN to knit. I may just break them out while I'm waiting for Dressy Bessy to come onstage tonight at the bar!

I'm using a random dark brown skein, I suspect that it's Encore. Unfortunately there's no room in my budget for cashmerino, but I have 20-some odd skeins of wool-blends lying around my apartment.
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006 04:43:30 PM »

I decided to go ahead and start with some yarn I already have in my stash. I'll just make another pair when my aurora 8 yarn comes in.  Cheesy

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006 05:57:16 PM »

I am going to knit these too!  I know I have some sort of lonely skein sitting in the stash waiting to become this project.  Time for some stash diving!  Yay

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006 10:56:04 AM »

how is everyone doing on these? What yarns are you using? I am just past the thumbhole round on the first one. It looks good so far. Smiley This is a real cute wristwarmer pattern.  I'm going slow because I seem to only knit a few rounds at a stretch (limited time). I'm using Red Heart soft in navy that I've had in my stash for a long long time. I had to use size 4 needles to get the gauge  Shocked. I've never done a thumbhole thats been like this one where you pick up the live stitches from above and below the waste yarn on two needles. Seems like a neat idea though. What type of cast on did you use to start with? I used a cable cast on.

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Velvety Curry Chicken Recipe
Sesame Noodles Recipe
Chicken Legs with Apricots Sauce
Eating at a Japanese Family in Tokyo
Cucumber Raita Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...